Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Byso. I havn't heard you once consider that any of our players played a part in the end of season shambals.

Like the saying goes, when the teams traveling well, the players get the wrap. When the team travels badly, the coach cops the criticism.

Unfairly in this instance I think.

Yes I do, he took an ordinary team to a grand final, he changed there game plan. To a winning formula. Even though they couldn't match most teams with conventional game tactics.

I agree but what about his time in Nth Qld?

he was still a good coach when there but he consistantly finished at the bottom end of the competition in his 5 seasons. Sometimes a coach is not the reason for all a teams shortcomings and I believe this is the case with Dessie.

Let me think

Same players win many games beginning of season......

Player negotiation goes bad and a couple of injuries. The team looks like a joke with virtually the same players all year.

The fact they went so well early on then so bad, shows that he couldn't keep the team focused and he run out of ideas.

I cant see how you blame the coach after that byso?

If the team is 'winning' the coach must be doing the good job. If the team is losing, but have been winning concistently beforehand, would the coach take the blame or the players?

They had more injuries and were at least competitive.

My god some people have very short memories.

I think it comes down to the right mix...with the coach and players.
Take the Tigers for example- Great passing game/ skills, loved playing alongside each other and the coach installed faith in his team that they could do it.
Scott Prince said himself when Sheens was getting them to work on different things earlier on in the season he was thinking to himself- what are you doing/ we can't do that... keeping the faith that they could do it from both players and the coach point of view got them a GF.
At Nth Qld when Sheens was coaching they obviously didn't have the right mix- be it the players didn't have faith in the coach or the coach didn't have faith in his players, either way- it didn't work.

they were competitive but look at their roster v ours Byso. Surely you can not say we come close to the talent they have.

Garts, Granted but we were diabolical. Looked uncoached and leaderless.

PJ totally agree, as you said he changed the gameplan.sign of a top coach.

While they changed there game plan we still played King injured week after week adding nothing.

True Byso- I would really like someone to explain the Jason King debacle to me one day...
I'm always willing to look at all sides of the arguement but I can't for the life of me figure why he was still trotted out each week ???

There is a post on ME which suggests that Terry randall is going to be assistant PL coach to Josh White next year at Norths.

Does anyone know of this is correct? If he has gone to Norths as assiatant coach he must have spat the dummy big time to join the old enemy.

Maybe he is going to get some coaching skills so that he can take over from Dessie in the next year or two. Then once he is coach he will sign Chad back again?

We'd be doomed if that happened, the game has changed so much from the good old days.

To be honest I don't care if a non manly champion coaches as long as he can "do a top job".

If Dessie was anyone else he would have been very concerned about his future.

My big question relates to the support that the coach receives from the front office boys. If Max was sticking his nose in as seems likely from the talk in the media, it would seem as if the interference caused problems. Can you imagine Bennett and Co standing for any interference from an outside source.

Due to our tenuous financial situation Max was welcomed with open arms but for him to have a say in the signing of Monas and the future of Hoppa has me worried. The flip side is that Chad was shown the door - meaning maybe that hard decisions are being made.

Another theory is that the destabilisation of Monasgate was unavoidable but it was considered worth it for the acquisition of a strong half who will make a huge difference once he arrives and that the sacrifice of this season will be well worth it in the future. (Let's face it - we were not a happy or cohesive side after the Rooster game and it does not need brain surgery to guess that there were several disenchanted players who were undermining the sides efforts.

NO - I am suggesting that the harmony in the club was not great and with various personalities not happy it transpired against Manly doing well. That and our depth which was tested. We didn't have the bounce of the ball in a few games and probably should have won against the Dogs, Penrith, Warriors and Cowboys. Add those 8 points and we were in the top 4. We still would have been flogged at the end of the season so in many ways our quick exit saved us some pain!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6