Coach Seibold thoughts so far.... so good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They aren't gods and sometimes looking at issues from outside offers a broader perspective. Coaches certainly know a lot more than most of us, including myself, but they make mistakes. I'm an average supporter, though I've watched the game for over 50 years from outside. What I saw of the team posted for the game with Johns and Harper out there, immediately made me worry that Manly could easily lose the game, based on what I've observed of those players performances (check back I even commented on it before the game). Not saying that was the only reason they struggled, but I think many supporters on this site would agree they had concerns. The result was as expected.
yep, but I'm not sure Harper is the issue. Johns as solid as he's been is just that.... Solid.... we aren't going to win anything with him in the 6 full time.
Harper has been relegated to the reggies because we have a superstar in the making with Koala. I feel after his covid shocker last year it's become a lets blame Harper theme. everyone used to take the piss out of Parker but hes a really solid player now doing his job really well.

yep, but I'm not sure Harper is the issue. Johns as solid as he's been is just that.... Solid.... we aren't going to win anything with him in the 6 full time.
Harper has been relegated to the reggies because we have a superstar in the making with Koala. I feel after his covid shocker last year it's become a lets blame Harper theme. everyone used to take the piss out of Parker but hes a really solid player now doing his job really well.

Not questioning their efforts. I'm suggesting Manly wont be top tier with these types of players. The comp has some very impressive centres and five eighths and Johns and Harper are quite frankly not in that league. Yes solid, reliable, hard working. Not their fault they arent up there. They do their best. That however wont win games. I would suggest you need creativity, speed, agility, not just solid and reliable. They'll do their best but against top raters, they'll flounder.

Just back from another enjoyable long weekend in Mudgee. The match was great, if you weren't a Manly or Newcastle supporter, because the defence of both teams was tissue paper-like.
When you look at the quality of the Newcastle backline, against ours, it's not surprising they scored six tries.
John and Harper are not first grade standard. Tippytoes was injured from scoring early in the match, and was a liability. Replacement centre Burbo was injured and taken off. We desperately need The Shoe to return, and Saab. And if there is a promising centre/winger his time has come.

I wondered when my Seibold test would come and hello! It’s here!

Until now he’s been in the positive column, but if he picks Cooper Johns to replace Schuster again this weekend then he moves right into the negative - which can be much harder to get out of 🙃

needs to crack the whip, too many players cruising and resting on laurels.

If he thinks a spine consisting of John’s and Croker, Tom ar 80% and an ever mercurial captain will make the 8. He is deluded.

He needs to Instill performance based selections and accountability and in the team. We have to many players that are not good enough or not playing well enough with reasonable consistency.

Effort areas are also way down.

Definitely Seibs biggest test to date. Coaching is easy when everything is rosy, it's how you react to adversity that defines you as a coach. Making corrections without discouraging people that you rely on is a delicate dance.

It would seem everybody that’s negative about the coach relates to the choice of John’s over Weekes.

Let’s not forget we currently have TWO first grade coaches , and some very good back up staff.

I’m backing their ability to do the best for the team , this isn’t #teamdes

We all just need a little faith.

It would seem everybody that’s negative about the coach relates to the choice of John’s over Weekes.

Let’s not forget we currently have TWO first grade coaches , and some very good back up staff.

Yep, I was thinking that surely he is taking advice ..... from Flanno in particular. So we can't put it all on Johns. But I have to say I have jumped ship and think Weekes should get a run at 5/8. With Shu out (if he is) this backline needs something more than steady. Weekes could provide that. And based on half our teams beliefs, we should already have enough faith to win the comp 3 times over

woC9QrUnJKpDG.gif

Hasler also had good back up coaches Mark. And we saw where that went. Sometimes I think coaches become too close to the action and dont see the bigger picture. Myopic. I could be proven wrong, but last year we werent were we.

Hasler also had good back up coaches Mark. And we saw where that went. Sometimes I think coaches become too close to the action and dont see the bigger picture. Myopic. I could be proven wrong, but last year we werent were we.
I think the difference is Des was Des Inc, his way or the Highway.

Whereas I think Seibold is the opposite.

Note both of Des’s backups all left for greener pastures.

Yep, I was thinking that surely he is taking advice ..... from Flanno in particular. So we can't put it all on Johns. But I have to say I have jumped ship and think Weekes should get a run at 5/8. With Shu out (if he is) this backline needs something more than steady. Weekes could provide that. And based on half our teams beliefs, we should already have enough faith to win the comp 3 times over
Look we can all have our individual ideas , that’s fine , but what I’m saying is collectively we have some pretty smart heads at the top, who also have all the inside knowledge, know what’s happening at training , and actually talk to the players.

V the numb nuts on Silvertails, who quite honestly know absolutely **** ALL.

Now , not saying yours , or others, ideas aren’t good ones, but they all lack inside knowledge.

Which brings me back to the coaching team knowing what’s best.

This is the first big test for Siebold.

A win or a close loss and he will be still have positive support

A bad loss or a thrashing and his stocks will fall.

Playing Cooper Johns is a big risk.

Look we can all have our individual ideas , that’s fine , but what I’m saying is collectively we have some pretty smart heads at the top, who also have all the inside knowledge, know what’s happening at training , and actually talk to the players.

V the numb nuts on Silvertails, who quite honestly know absolutely **** ALL.

Now , not saying yours , or others, ideas aren’t good ones, but they all lack inside knowledge.

Which brings me back to the coaching team knowing what’s best.
One thing we can always agree on Mark - I have no idea!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8