Coach Seibold thoughts so far.... so good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Early in the season, but got to hand it to him so far.

The offseason recruitment under a stretched salary cap couldn't have been any better.

Pinching a class 5/8, picking up Brown off the scrap heap and the building of depth has been impressive.
Agree , he’s a smart coach , ticking all the boxes this year.

Early in the season, but got to hand it to him so far.

The offseason recruitment under a stretched salary cap couldn't have been any better.

Pinching a class 5/8, picking up Brown off the scrap heap and the building of depth has been impressive.
Did really well to get them to come out like they did in the second 40, ambushed the Rorters with that intensity.

A couple of big decisions team wise, got to hand it to him for the way the team are performing, the addition of the new fitness coach looks to me a quality decision.

A special mention needs to go to Jon Clarke, we seem to be stronger and fitter (I know it’s round 2)
I have like when he speaks on the Manlys Way
IMG_6256.jpeg

I'm not even going to comment. Well I'll save my comments for Rd 22. Not Rd 2. But the coaching team are off to a good start. That's an achievement.

We need belief and confidence to build.

Not over confidence. Round 3 against a good team out of luck. Now that's an opportunity to show the roosters weren't just off today.

We are clearly more of an attacking team than we are a defensive team. But the name of the game is to outscore your opponents. I said it last week, I'll say it now.....while I prefer good defence, I don't care if we let in 30 per game so long as we're scoring at least 31.

The whole 1-17 has been atrocious today. That has to come down to the coaching rather than individual players, as bad as some of them have been (especially our two highest paid players)

I was ready to rap Seibold after our start to the season but remember that he did the same last year, and with the Broncos in 2020. The way things are going it really seems he can only get a team up for a couple of weeks before everyone gets sick of all the talk and weird Manly mentality rubbish

The whole 1-17 has been atrocious today. That has to come down to the coaching rather than individual players, as bad as some of them have been (especially our two highest paid players)

I was ready to rap Seibold after our start to the season but remember that he did the same last year, and with the Broncos in 2020. The way things are going it really seems he can only get a team up for a couple of weeks before everyone gets sick of all the talk and weird Manly mentality rubbish
You can't blame the coach for most of those errors today, surely.

so if we beat the riff next week will that be because Seibold is a genius?
I could not give a flying f*ck about losing a R4 game at WIN stadium (last year was our first win there in like 18 years!)
We play finals and don’t go out without an effort and I will be happy… if not then Siebold is a myth…

I reckon a good chance to bounce back with a Massive effort against Penrith next week, but truth is there is no definition on the coaching till finals time.
Personally don't feel he is genius or terrible, but today those errors made by quality players comes down to the individual players, not the coach.

The coach has done a great job. You don't beat the rosters the other week with a crap coach. He was all about consistency during the pre season and before this game. And you know what. He probably knew they were flat, to be all about consistency in every sentence in his interview on Fox.

We have lazy players that don't like to back up.

The coach is clearly trying to change it.

But he might need to let a few go yet.

Hats off to Seibolds. He's doing way better than I ever thought.

Such a disappointing loss.

You can't blame the coach for most of those errors today, surely.
Yeah it’s his tactics of wanting the team to shift the ball all the time. They go out there with a mentality to blitz and score tries instead of running hard and tackling hard. It’s on the coach.

Yeah it’s his tactics of wanting the team to shift the ball all the time. They go out there with a mentality to blitz and score tries instead of running hard and tackling hard. It’s on the coach.
A lot of those errors today had nothing to do with dynamic attack tho… blokes were dropping the ball cold under no pressure and throwing forward passes all over the place (at least 2 that were not called)

They didn’t earn the right to shift it as much as they did today, the middles were below par, put under pressure from all the errors.

A game performance that hopefully doesn’t get repeated this season.

^^This. A game where we had to grind out through the forwards first as you could've guessed that the Goons were stung from last week and would come at us through the middle. Yet we try to take the easy options from the beginning before we had earnt the right to play expansive. It was poor coaching and poor leadership.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8