Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe not but he is getting consistently good results with just 2 big contract signings (Moses and matterson), a bunch of discarded players (mahoney, ferguson, opacic, Blake, RCG, Hipgrave), some astute buys (Brown, Lane, Sivo, niukore) and some young kids like Brown and kaufusi... and Paulo of course who he seems to have turned into one of the best props in the game...

Maybe the parra recruitment team deserve a lot of the credit and he may not have the past results that Des does but he sure as sh1t is not working with a team of Stewart's (x2),, Killer, Matai, Bell, Kite, Ballin, Watmough, Menzies, Orford, DCE, Foran, Hopoate...

Personally I have been amazed that Moses has developed the way he has and say what you like about Arthur but that team plays with passion and looks deadly with the ball...

Sorry @frank stokes but to say Fergo, RCG and Blake were discards is stretching it a bit in my opinion.
Fergo is reportedly on $500k a year and was an Origin player around the time.
RCG had played one SOO game and coming off injury Parra offered a 5 year deal, I doubt he'd have gone to Parra for less $$ when he was in the middle of a deal with the Panthers
Blake again a 5 year deal

Yes, all players may have been on the outer at their clubs but it's like they were bottom dollar discards.

Yes, their recruitment has been better than ours but they've still won jack.

Sorry @frank stokes but to say Fergo, RCG and Blake were discards is stretching it a bit in my opinion.
Fergo is reportedly on $500k a year and was an Origin player around the time.
RCG had played one SOO game and coming off injury Parra offered a 5 year deal, I doubt he'd have gone to Parra for less $$ when he was in the middle of a deal with the Panthers
Blake again a 5 year deal

Yes, all players may have been on the outer at their clubs but it's like they were bottom dollar discards.

Yes, their recruitment has been better than ours but they've still won jack.
Just meant that they were not hotly contested property Stu...

squeals offered homes to blokes that were not wanted by their clubs... Moses and Matterson are, to my knowledge, the only ones that had multiple offers on the table...

Eels may not have won anything but they are a good side that play a good brand of footy (apart from the laying down BS) and BA deserves some credit for what he has done out there... jmo...

Before Taniela Paseka made the grade in rugby league, unsure that he would ever get into the NRL, the towering teen followed his dad into long hours of factory work.

Before every Sea Eagles shift he pulls this season, Paseka will take a permanent marker and scrawl "MUM" on one wrist, and "DAD" on the other.

It's a simple tribute to his parents, Leone and Ana, who set him on his way to the NRL, but won't be there to see him in his prime.

His mother passed away when he was five after battling breast cancer.

His father, who would work 9-5 shifts "at the wrong end of the day", to put food on the family table but would still always be front and centre for Paseka's junior footy games every Saturday on no sleep, passed away six weeks ago. :(

I'm starting to worry he's on something? Surely he's not legitimate here? Is Hasler honestly this blind? Just agreed, they don't care about or acknowledge all the losses. Just said Walker to remain at fullback, because other fullbacks dropped the ball last week too. Said everyone is happy.

Something is seriously wrong.

Guess what Des, you may not remember, but you, and your players are about to go down in history as the worst ever losing streak.

I'm starting to worry he's on something? Surely he's not legitimate here? Is Hasler honestly this blind? Just agreed, they don't care about or acknowledge all the losses. Just said Walker to remain at fullback, because other fullbacks dropped the ball last week too. Said everyone is happy.

Guess what Des, you may not remember, but you, and your players are about to go down in history as the worst ever losing streak.

My guess is its a power struggle. Hasler is proving a point and is trying to get more power around the roster. He is smart enough to pull some strings to make his point, let us bottom out then demand more power which he will pit forward as the only solution.

Just watched it I agree with what you said. He to me looks so lost and avoid of ideas as to how to get us of this slump.

The old des would never say that they don't care about the previous losses. Its like no one wants to be held accountable for the mess we are in , nothing to see here mentality!!

Hallelujah!!
An interview in which we can actually hear the questions being put!
I'm overjoyed at this great technological breakthrough, let's not spoil the historic achievement by quibbling about what was actually said in reply :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4