Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Another day and more media commitments.

Never say Never ....
We can say All our boys have given it their all
To play at NRL level you need guts and all of our players have played their guts out
To effectively compete and be victorious at the highest level in finals and grand finals at NRL level you need to have extra ordinary skill , strength or speed and it has been evident that some of our players are not up to it and Their journey to success lies elsewhere for them .
NRL is not the end of the World as the World offers so many other opportunities but Winning is everything for the Legendary Manly Sea eagles and we need players that can win for us .

Holland to call it quits at season's end
AuthorAlicia NewtonNRL.com ReporterTimestampWed 2 Sep 2020, 01:53 PM

Bulldogs centre Kerrod Holland has announced he'll retire from the NRL at season's end and return to hometown Newcastle and look for employment.

Holland, 27, made a memorable debut against the Panthers in 2016 when he kicked a match-winning goal on the siren.

The Bulldogs centre on Wednesday said his intention was to finish his NRL journey in a month after not receiving a new contract with the club under incoming coach Trent Barrett.

"I'm going to enjoy the last couple of weeks while I can and play some good football with my teammates and a club that has supported me.

"I'm going to get back on the tools."

I remember sitting in the old stand on cracker night, 1967. Just to the south of the players’ race.

I was so scared of the big fireworks I didn’t go back for the fireworks in 1968.

And the old stand remained in place behind the Jane Try until just before Christmas 1976, funnily enough around the time the club was trying to get approval from Council to build new dressings rooms under the stand.

Fancy that! What a coincidence!

The dressing rooms were in place for the start of the 1977 season.

I can't see the point of playing Turbo or The Doorman. All that would achieve is to further block the chances of some players in our roster who haven't experienced NRL yet.
Winning should surely now be secondary to testing out the strength of our roster and moving into planning for 2021 and giving our club greater chance of success.

Thank you Wheel.
I'm pleased that there was a question about The Shoe; first time I think DESpicable has mentioned him. I also think that the standard of the other questions was an improvement. Well done Wheel, I'll put that down to you.
Mind you, trying to follow DESpicable's rambling answers to these questions was not easy.

Thank you Wheel.
I'm pleased that there was a question about The Shoe; first time I think DESpicable has mentioned him. I also think that the standard of the other questions was an improvement. Well done Wheel, I'll put that down to you.
Mind you, trying to follow DESpicable's rambling answers to these questions was not easy.
Feedback is a gift

I wonder who the unfortunate three players will be fronting up to the weekly media conferences this week?
I'm tipping Harper, The Shoe and Hoppa Jnr.
After a lamentable team collapse there is no excuses, and no-one wants to hear the standard cliches about training hard, sticking to the game plan and playing the next three matches like they were still important.
However, at least the three would be able to comment on their debuts in the NRL and how wonderful the experience was, despite the scoreline.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8