Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The RSL seems to be well run and is obviously profitable and progressive. But the RSL supports a wide range of sporting groups and I doubt it would ever consider owning one, particularly one that wouldn't return the financial investment to its members.
It is a merger of pokies

Given they now have a significant debt to finance the latest renovation I doubt they would be in a position to own a footy club.

Even before the renovation the club itself was a significant step up from the Leagues Club which has been severely under invested over the last 20 yrs.

Having said that it is a bit of a cash cow and if the Reno is done well then there is no reason why this would change.

Therefore becoming a major sponsor/corporate partner and the home base for the Sea Eagles if Leagues Club goes under in the future could beneficial for both parties.
I thought they’d previously said they had no interest in any partnering or so on. If they were to get involved it would be all or nothing. Sure I saw that in something somewhere (sauce?)

Abbas Miski interview

Good luck to him. I thought he was Ok in the games he played last year, but it expected a little more from him in terms of work rate - maybe I had my expectations too high. He's a Mansour clone so I was hoping those big thighs would drive through the line a bit more and bust some tackles. He's had a taste now so maybe if he gets a shot this season he will be less nervous and have a bigger impact.

What an absolute champion, and what an amazing player ! Hope he gets more first grade time.
Hello Ryan . Welcome back and happy new year mate

Great story about a proud and passionate person and player
Abbas Miski talks about the honour of being the first Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles player to play in the NRL.

It is always a great honour to represent our great club and what better way to honour and represent our great club the Manly Sea eagles by proudly becoming a club member .

Join the passionate and proud Manly players and Manly club members

How proud and passionate are you for our great team the Manly Sea eagles ?

573C537B-D0DD-4B0D-84AD-65EFFA12307D.jpeg

Hello Ryan . Welcome back and happy new year mate

Great story about a proud and passionate person and player
Abbas Miski talks about the honour of being the first Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles player to play in the NRL.

It is always a great honour to represent our great club and what better way to honour and represent our great club the Manly Sea eagles by proudly becoming a club member .

Join the passionate and proud Manly players and Manly club members

How proud and passionate are you for our great team the Manly Sea eagles ?

View attachment 13415

Happy New Year to you too mate. Hope you and your family are well. Looking forward to the season !!

Happy New Year to you too mate. Hope you and your family are well. Looking forward to the season !!
Thanks feathered friend same to you . There is cancer in the family at the moment but there is also hope . With hope every thing is possible including having 0ver 35000 Manly club members

Keep up with you no holds barred post where you ruffle up every ones feathers on here .
No place for the faint hearted when Ryan comes on the Silveratils forum
Great to have passionate club members like you on board Ryan

573C537B-D0DD-4B0D-84AD-65EFFA12307D.jpeg

Top 29 doesn't need to be finalised till March 1 so plenty of time. Didn't you say Levi was an imminent signing ?? that'll take us back to 29 anyway. Do you get the impression that the club are in the market for signings other than a hooker ??

Just a matter of what happens with Fainu and the stand down policy - still waiting for that relative to hand himself in. So I suspect that last spot or two will go to a development player upgrade

Gone - returned to Cessnock

Good to hear some honesty from a young player who doesn't want to make the necessary sacrifices trying to make it in the NRL
"It wasn't for me".
He's opted to play with his mates for the enjoyment of the sport. Not everyone wants to be a professional.

WINGER MANLY'S NEW BENCH PRESS KING
Unsung winger Abbas Miski has shattered the Manly bench press record in his bid to secure a first-grade spot at Brookvale this season.

A Josh Mansour clone with his bushy beard and bullocking running style, Miski lifted a staggering 183.5kg at a recent Sea Eagles weight session.

That's more than the likes of musclemen Marty Taupau and Jake Trbojevic could manage and made a big impression on coach Des Hasler.

That's impressive, but I'd be even more impressed if I read he'd been running Olympic qualifying times over 100 metres.
Imagine Ken Irvine bothering to pump iron?
Moderate weights programme can help with body strength and a bit more power running but certainly no substitute for speed and can be overdone . Manly "s strength and conditioning staff seem to have a good track record [ no pun intended ] though and t to get the balance right .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4