Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What a disaster. This is going to be a severe distraction to the players and coaching staff however it turns out and I think puts paid to our hopes against Easts. Who on Earth thought of doing this without checking the player temperature first? That person needs to resign. I don't know what Manly thought the result would be but I suspect the actual result will be a media circus, a lost game, bad blood in the playing group and the club gets belted from one side of Twitter to the other....

Yeah, I'm happy for any player that feels wearing that jersey is out of integrity to choose to sit down. However, they also need to look at moving on because the club has made a decision on what it wants to represent and it is in conflict with their personal beliefs. I respect that decision too.
Agree... this is a decision on their commitment to THIS club not a coloured stripe... if they dont play then they obviously are not invested in where Manly is heading...

281B0211-EF55-4658-A4A0-EA1270B8ECC0.jpeg

Yeah, I'm happy for any player that feels wearing that jersey is out of integrity to choose to sit down. However, they also need to look at moving on because the club has made a decision on what it wants to represent and it is in conflict with their personal beliefs. I respect that decision too.
They shouldn’t have to lose thier livelihood over it though. Like a gun to their heads. Hmmm totalitarianism comes to mind. Gee I Always wanted an excuse to use the big T word.

Gotta admit that I HATE that we are sponsored by PointsBet and 4 Pines is only slightly better than Lottoland... but where was the outrage from these players about those issues and the morality of those decisions? crickets
These blokes are utterly entitled to make a moralistic stand but the club are also entitled to hold them accountable for a lack of commitment to their team...
Unfortunately rainbows dont pay the bills. But its a valid point.

But that's not what is being represented on the jersey is it......

Let me just clarify my standing here. If my company asked me to wear the said logo I wouldn't be fussed about it. However if my colleague say Mustafa or Peter or Joseph were against it I would most certainly support their views that they shouldn't be forced to wear something that represents a diametrically opposed view contradicting their religious beliefs.
What is being represented? It's a rainbow. Anything more than that really depends on who's looking at it and what they choose to see.

What do I see when I look at it? I see pretty colours. I see a symbol of inclusiveness and gay pride. And yes, I see that it's a marketing exercise on the part of the club ("That worked out well, didn't it, fellas?"), and probably a cynical one at that, with very little substance to it. But still more substance than a giant "POINTSBET" logo.

I don't see a threat to my person, morals or beliefs, or to the fabric of the nation and the foundations of Western Christian society. I don't see Anzacs rolling over in their graves (presumably to give easier access to the army of poofs about to take over the world and descend upon their graves). I don't see a hitherto closeted gay man becoming so emboldened by the appearance of a rainbow on a rugby league jersey that he decides it's time to bust loose and attempt to recruit my children to the Great Gay Way of Life.

Basically, I don't see how the mere suggestion that gay people are, first and foremost, people could offend or even bother anyone at all. For me, it's not an issue as much as it is a non-issue.

But yeah, your mileage my vary. Happy for you to feel otherwise and respect your right to express your views and appreciate you clarifying your standing. I honestly wish we didn't have to talk about it all and that the world was as simple as shouting "Go, Manly!" sometimes make me feel it is.

Aren’t a couple of those alleged players under an injury cloud anyway?

A few names here, mate. Unless there is some sort of resolution it looks like we’re down several players for a match with a team sitting equal with us on the ladder.

Hard to get excited about this game now.

Yes I did , in referring to being a victim of cancer where you don’t have a choice
Yes I do understand that gay people say it’s not just a choice it’s how they feel , I should have rephrased that , The point is that there are more causes that a team can support than a way of life compared to something like cancer
Just to throw something in there on that point... The male and female brains are largely the same in structure (male brain about 10% larger). However, there is part of the hypothalamus that is sexually dimorphic (structurally different for males and females). This is also the part of the brain that is highly active in sexual behaviours and arousal. Studies have clearly shown that this part of the brain in homosexual men is closer to the female than male counterpart. This is greatly influenced by stresses during certain stages of the pregnancy. Another study suggested that this part of the transgender brain is different again. These differences are significant and clear.

Last edited:
They shouldn’t have to lose thier livelihood over it though. Like a gun to their heads. Hmmm totalitarianism comes to mind. Gee I Always wanted an excuse to use the big T word.
No, I don't propose they should lose their livelihood at all. They need to find a workplace that they can operate in given their belief systems. @:D @T word.

Manly will become the first club in rugby league’s 114-year history to wear a pride jersey. See the playing strip here.

Dean Ritchie

Follow

@BulldogRitchie

2 min read

July 24, 2022 - 6:00PM

Manly will become the first club in rugby league history to wear a pride jersey – titled Everyone in League – to celebrate diversity and inclusivity in the NRL.

Rainbow colours will replace the traditional white piping on Manly’s jumper for Thursday night’s big game against Sydney Roosters at 4 Pines Park.

Boy, hasn’t rugby league come a long way.

Could you imagine this happening at Brookie in the 1970s?

As legendary songwriter Bob Dylan prophetically wrote, The Times They are A-Changin’.

“LGBTIQA people have always been a part of sport but haven’t always been allowed the visibility,” said former Manly forward Ian Roberts, who in 1995 became the first rugby league player to come out as openly gay.

“Honestly, I have been trying to get the NRL to have a pride round for the past three years and it still hasn’t got the traction it deserves.

Manly's Sean Keppie, Kieran Foran and Reuben Garrick in the Sea Eagle's Pride jersey. Picture: Manly Digital

“It saddens me because they think having a float at the Mardi Gras is enough and it’s not.”
Roberts tells the story about being king hit by two thugs as he admired the Sydney Harbour Bridge at Circular Quay many years ago.
There was also the time at Kogarah when he was punched in the face by a fan and called a “faggot” when leaving the field at halftime.
Years of gut-wrenching vitriol just for being gay.
“So it’s wonderful that the sporting community is finally embracing all parts of the community,” Roberts said.
“And that’s what this is, total acceptance and inclusion. I am so proud of Manly for doing this.
Manly legend Ian Roberts.
T
o further celebrate the jersey, Roberts hopes to attend Thursday night’s game. And one player who will run out for the vital match is Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran.
“We are very proud to wear this jersey that delivers such an important message in society today,” Foran said. “The great game of rugby league is for everyone, irrespective of who you are or where you have come from.”
The AFL has a pride round but no NRL club has ventured into such historic territory – until now. Manly’s initiative is part of the annual NRL Women in League round. The rainbow jumper has been designed in collaboration with the club’s apparel partner, Dynasty Sport.
Founder and director of Dynasty Sport, Tyler Rakich, said: “Sport is one of those great things where people come together from all walks of life and participate in something without exclusion. This jersey is a celebration of that and the first of its kind in the NRL.
“The Everyone in League jersey is something we’ve wanted to do for a number of years. As soon as we got the concept locked in, all parties have contributed to make it what it is and it’s something we’re all really proud of.
“The design itself maintains the iconic Manly DNA with the striped design and maroon but with the subtle inclusion of the rainbow colours, which are a nod to inclusivity for Everyone in League.”
Interim Sea Eagles CEO Gary Wolman said his club was proud to “share such an important message that means so much to so many people in the community”.
“The Sea Eagles have such a rich and diverse history in rugby league and in the community,” he said. “To be able to bring this concept to life with Dynasty Sport is a fantastic achievement.”​

In conclusion to this article

The Manly club did this without any consultation of the players and they did it without board approval

I think this could have been handled better and more respectful if consultation was made

My question is ???
what reaction would we have gotten if the club decided to celebrate Easter with a cross on our Jersey without player consultation or board approval ?

The answer is .....
it would have caused the same game destabilization

and this is why no other NRL club has ventured into this territory for good reason

Whatever the outcome is here......the club comes out of this looking very bad... Its a no win.

They should let the bunker decide the outcome

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10