Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Hopefully, this issue can be resolved to the satisfaction of all.

IMO, the club is at fault for not consulting the players first about the jersey. This would have been an opportunity for all players to air their views. During consultation, if a substantial number of players objected to wearing the jersey based on their religious beliefs, then I think the club should have respected their wishes and not pushed ahead with it.

There is mention of seven players boycotting - or is the total eight, i.e. Saab, Koula, Tuipulotu, Olakau'atu, Schuster, Sipley, Paseka & Taupau? If these players don't take the field on Thursday, our season is virtually over.

The club management's primary responsibility is winning football games. Without success on the field, the club will die a slow death.

The club is a disgrace whoever made this decision without telling the players should apologise publicly to all the fans and players !!! View attachment 21664

Congratulations to the People responsible in the Manly club for this political marketing debacle

and Taking the focus of our great club and our great game and turning it into a political circus

1658746757531.png

Last edited:
An all time classic.

My personal favourite is when we have the victims of cancel culture who have the platform to talk about how they’ve been cancelled. Their own Netflix shows talking about how they’ve been cancelled.
Up there with Sky news people saying they have no voice...

Chammas reporting Aloia, Saab, Schuster, Koula, Tui, Haumole and Sipley to miss the game. WTF!
I cannot believe some idiot in PR/Marketing has singlehandedly created this incredibly divisive rainbow-colored ****storm that will undoubtedly split the club down the middle for seasons to come. The future of our club is pretty much summed up in those seven names. The players that do turn up and play on Thursday will never forget that these seven didn't want to play when our season was on the line. Regardless of the reason why. It might sound dramatic, but this decision will have long-term ramifications.

I dont understand why the club doesnt punt the jersey and put a Gay Pride day on supported by players who are supportive of the cause? Instead they are digging their toes into the sand and effectively punting the season.

Does everyone think that the photo shoot happened today? And not weeks ago? At least 3 players have known for a number of weeks one of which (foz) is a leader at the club

I think the blokes running our club would be better off with their smart political innovations
By going into politics

And making way for people that just focus on rugby league so we can have a better chance of winning our next title

I dont understand why the club doesnt punt the jersey and put a Gay Pride day on supported by players who are supportive of the cause? Instead they are digging their toes into the sand and effectively punting the season.
Imagine the optics of letting 7 blokes dictate the values that your club supports... the club had no choice once the decision was made... as they have no choice now but to move these guys on...

Insta post - hope it can be viewed okay

I think the blokes running our club would be better off with their smart political innovations
By going into politics

And making way for people that just focus on rugby league so we can have a better chance of winning our next title
For someone who continually wants the club to get more members this seems odd

For someone who continually wants the club to get more members this seems odd

For some one passionate like me that wants more members

The last thing I would do is destabilize and divide the club

As I said before in my post . What would happen if the club without player consultation and board approval decided to celebrate Easter with a cross on our jersey ?
Answer ... Same division

45% of NRL are Pacifica or Maori and majority have their culture and religion against LGBT. This is the main reason the NRL hasn’t gone down the route of a rainbow round as they know that majority of the 45% would boycott the round.

The club needs to come to its senses and revert back to the original Community Round jersey (which is our jersey for the season) and consult the players, who wear the jersey with pride, before making any decisions like this.

Looking at the seven players - do we actually have enough to name 22 for Team List Tuesday? Des backing the players is forcing the clubs hand in reverting back as he won’t have 22 to name and NRL won’t give dispensation as it’s not covid related.

Note: the players are not at fault here. It’s the way marketing has gone about this that looks to have screwed up. Inclusiveness also means respecting your stakeholders religious and cultural beliefs and consultation wasn’t done. The 17 players who take the field are the ones who sell the Manly brand and should be the first to be consulted.

For some one passionate like me that wants more members

The last thing I would do is destabilize and divide the club

As I said before in my post . What would happen if the club without player consultation and board approval decided to celebrate Easter with a cross on our jersey ?
Answer ... Same division
One is a choice the other is not

One group is marginalised for their lifestyle (which is not a choice) the other is not.

When this first happened I was proud of the club in trying to stand for something more than winning games. I was hopeful that this could be the start of some meaningful change in an ongoing fashion

Now I am highly disappointed

Point of view? It’s just another stupid jersey with some coloured stripes on it. Get over it.
Sounds like you’re the only one who needs to “get over it”. I don’t recall calling anyone a bigot or any other name. Just stick to the issue, rather than resorting to name calling. That way your argument holds more water.

I can't believe that in this day & age, antiquated fairytales written in the Middle East over 2000 years ago can hold so much sway in western society.

Gay is a thing, it's been a thing since before those aforementioned fairytales were written.

It's not a choice - who would choose to be ridiculed & marginalised for their entire life by "deciding" to become gay?

I love the hypocrisy of religion - peace, love & mung beans to all UNLESS you believe in a different god or follow a different version of church or are gay, but hey, gambling & alcohol is fine.

Ridiculous - maybe these people who are so offended by the concept of this jersey should see this as an opportunity to examine their beliefs & question WHY their belief system is so full of prejudices?

Last edited:
45% of NRL are Pacifica or Maori and majority have their culture and religion against LGBT. This is the main reason the NRL hasn’t gone down the route of a rainbow round as they know that majority of the 45% would boycott the round.

The club needs to come to its senses and revert back to the original Community Round jersey (which is our jersey for the season) and consult the players, who wear the jersey with pride, before making any decisions like this.

Looking at the seven players - do we actually have enough to name 22 for Team List Tuesday? Des backing the players is forcing the clubs hand in reverting back as he won’t have 22 to name and NRL won’t give dispensation as it’s not covid related.

Note: the players are not at fault here. It’s the way marketing has gone about this that looks to have screwed up. Inclusiveness also means respecting your stakeholders religious and cultural beliefs and consultation wasn’t done. The 17 players who take the field are the ones who sell the Manly brand and should be the first to be consulted.
As someone who works in marketing for part of their role it is fanciful to think this decision was made without the knowledge of everyone

Does everyone think that the photo shoot happened today? And not weeks ago? At least 3 players have known for a number of weeks one of which (foz) is a leader at the club
Before this morning i had no idea that we had an alternate jersey this week, any other members get an email/notification? Game’s on Thursday and Monday morning the jersey is revealed. To be the first club to venture into this you would think they would have asked the board for approval at least(if reports are to be believed) but true to Manly form just announce it to everyone else before your own organisation and try to play catch up to put out the fire. Not to mention the potential de-railment of the season just before the team list is announced with ptentially 7 players sitting this one out. Hope Jake, Croker and Davey are available but the backline players are going to be hard to fill.

Hang on, who manages these 7 blokes?
Okay I looked it up myself.

Based off historical media quotes, all of these players are represented directly by Mario Tartak and Crown Sports, whom Mario is managing director.

Surely this wouldn't be the kind of thing where a manager uses his influence to force a club into something. From memory our current number 6 was allowed to leave due to pressure from a manager wanting his player in the 6 jersey.

I wonder if there's some clubs who have noticed that we have had a number of newly established players with exciting potential. I wonder if it's a tactic to covertly offer these players who wouldn't yet be on upgraded contracts enough money to create an unworkable situation. Awful lot of guys walking out these days for 'honorable' reasons with seemingly no guaranteed income. I mean how could you criticise a bloke for looking out for his family? (by quitting his job?)

Never let a good tragedy go to waste.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12