Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I don't know why I have become their advocate ... but .. they may argue that their commitment to their God/values takes precedent over their team ..

They would (in a sidebar) probably suggest that it is your cavalier attitude to principle and beliefs that is the sole cause of the complete deterioration of the Western World ..
Oh f*ck me, I could not give a sh*t what they think is wrong with the world... no more than I give a toss whether they fingered their first cousin...
You're paid footballers with a voice... do both - state your view and play footy... I may (may) cut them some slack if the jersey said 'there is no evidence of God'... its a coloured stripe that 'represents' tolerance and they are willing to blow up our season, you know what, the way we went last week it might end up being a result if we turn out half of Blacktown...

It's not promoting homosexuality; it's supposed to be promoting tolerance and inclusion - the idea that everyone is the same. Why do we need to promote tolerance and inclusion, you ask? Um, take a look at some of the comments in this thread for starters.

Nobody is asking the players to support or promote anything. They are literally being asked to wear a jersey with some rainbow colours on it. It is not a big ask.
If you’re trying to convince yourself this isn’t promoting the LQBTQIVXDYLBGF movement, then I’m afraid you’re delusional. The rainbow is exclusively the ‘flag’ of the gay (etc) community. So let’s not pretend this is about including ‘everyone’. This is focused on one very small group who have a VERY disproportionately loud voice in our media and our academic classes.

This thread has taken an interesting turn. What a furore. The only thing I care about here is whether these kids can win on Thursday and make this year's finals series. Judging by the exploding division in the team (also reflected on here), I predict that any previously slim chances we had are all but gone now. Well done Manly

Why do we need a different jersey every second week to promote a different cause?
Why can’t we wear the same jersey for 26 weeks?
I guess it is all about money, sponsorship and getting PR!
Why can’t we just play footy rather than being promotional and political!

Just sayin’

You know, it's a piece of fabric. Are big, muscly, supposedly tough, footballers really threatened by it?
Get over yourselves and wear it.
The players are paid very nicely to play a game for a living.
Man up and wear some rainbows.
Promise you, your dick will not fall off.
*Just my opinion.
* nothing in my stated opinion should be taken as an assurance that your dick will not fall off lol

go woke

go broke
LOL i nvthought I would agree with you. Quick get that pride jersey
They can express their views - that does not stop them playing in a slightly more colourful jersey (and potentially removes any 'moral conflict')...
These blokes are paid a f*ckton of money to play a f*cking ball game and are willing to abandon their team over a coloured stripe... f*ck them...
State your moral standpoint and then suit up and play some f*cking footy - no wonder we are where we are with powderpuff b*tches like this making up half our squad...
yep agree just without having to wear the rainbow stuff. Let the club executives do something genuine that takes effort and sacrifice to support the LGBTIQ community and other marginal groups. The players are not their puppets

100%. It’s embarrassing. To the players, wear the jersey your employer pays you to do, or **** off. Pathetic.
Yeah but which jersey? Last week's one? The week before?

And to those who say, "its just a few colours....". The rainbow flag is a flag of identity for LGBTIQ people. Agree or disagree it makes a big ideological statement. It says a lot. The colours mean something. The flip side is for those who may not share that view they dont want to wear it. Two freedoms here are clashing.

But if the club chose to celebrate diversity in a different way - say on billboards, electronic signage and so on it wouldn't have been such an issue. Give the supporters our maroon and white jersey back. Fly the rainbow flag from the roof.

The club have made a huge error with this.

I think you know what I am saying.
No. I genuinely need more context to give you an honest answer to that question. Personally, I would weigh up the situation and impact of wearing that. What is the message behind it, who are we talking to and how does it affect all stake-holders? If I felt strong enough against wearing it based on the above questions then I would make a choice to move elsewhere. If it didn't push me out of personal integrity, then I would wear it. The context is critical.

LOL i nvthought I would agree with you. Quick get that pride jersey

yep agree just without having to wear the rainbow stuff. Let the club executives do something genuine that takes effort and sacrifice to support the LGBTIQ community and other marginal groups. The players are not their puppets
Agree with the thrust of your point - real contributions to marginalised groups would be more beneficial BUT the players ARE their puppets - ie they are payed to dance when told to f*cking dance... and we need them to dance f*cking Swan Lake this week....
If they are willing to walk away now then just keep walking...

It is if you don't agree with it. If it was Christian week would you expect the Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Agnostic players to be wearing a cross. We all voted for same sex marriage etc - we don't need the constant drum banging all the time. Why should vocal minorities always have to be put ahead of all other groups at the expense of their beliefs or views.
You want to talk about vocal minorities pushing their beliefs and views on others? You've just described Christians for the last decade or more.

What bothers me even more than the opportunity this whole debacle has delivered for snowflake bigots to stand up and shout, "But, but, but, what about my right to feel uncomfortable about anything that might make me have to consider my own prejudices?" is that Thursday night's game was supposed to be the inaugural Gotcha4Life Cup and should have gained positive attention for www.gotcha4life.org and the fight against suicide.

Hidden between those oh-so-offensive and "virtue signalling" rainbows is the Gotcha4Life logo. Most people would agree that preventing suicide is a worthy objective that shouldn't trigger rage in anybody, just like most people would agree that promoting inclusiveness is a worthy objective that shouldn't trigger anybody either. Although maybe our devout Christian players would object to wearing a jersey that promotes an understanding of suicide, because their religion teaches them suicide is wrong.

You know, it's a piece of fabric. Are big, muscly, supposedly tough, footballers really threatened by it?
Get over yourselves and wear it.
The players are paid very nicely to play a game for a living.
Man up and wear some rainbows.
Promise you, your dick will not fall off.
*Just my opinion.
I think it would have been common sense to get the players to agree to this promotion rather than springing it on them and/ or making it mandatory to wear the jersey. By not getting the players buy in you will potentially cause division within the playing group. Will it all be worth it then!

It appears to have been handled poorly ….nothing has been learned from the rugby union Falou incident!

Just sayin’

Oh f*ck me, I could not give a sh*t what they think is wrong with the world... no more than I give a toss whether they fingered their first cousin...
You're paid footballers with a voice... do both - state your view and play footy... I may (may) cut them some slack if the jersey said 'there is no evidence of God'... its a coloured stripe that 'represents' tolerance and they are willing to blow up our season, you know what, the way we went last week it might end up being a result if we turn out half of Blacktown...

Yes Frank .. I am fully aware that you hold no deep convictions over a coloured stripe ... neither do I ... but you are a group A numbnut if you think they don't hold very strong views ....

And as a group that represents 50% of our run on team I suggest we start to pay attention ...

Yes Frank .. I am fully aware that you hold no deep convictions over a coloured stripe ... neither do I ... but you are a group A numbnut if you think they don't hold very strong views ....

And as a group that represents 50% of our run on team I suggest we start to pay attention ...
They can state their beliefs and where a coloured jersey @Woodsie
Noone is silencing them...
Latrell and d*ckbag stated their opinion on the anthem but still stood for it and played the game...
Failing to turn out is unacceptable...

I think it would have been common sense to get the players to agree to this promotion rather than springing it on them and/ or making it mandatory to wear the jersey. By not getting the players buy in you will potentially cause division within the playing group. Will it all be worth it then!

It appears to have been handled poorly ….nothing has been learned from the rugby union Falou incident!

Just sayin’
I'm a primary teacher. You should see some of the stuff they expect us to wear on certain days.
My salary isn't nearly as good as an NRL player's.

Agree with the thrust of your point
Please don't use terms like "thrust of your point", frank. It conjures up images of promiscuous gay sex and makes me feel uncomfortable. After all, rugby league - a sport in which 13 big, muscle-bound men throw themselves at each other and spectators rejoice in the brute athleticism of their gladiatorial frenzy - is the least gay sport in the world.

They can state their beliefs and where a coloured jersey @Woodsie
Noone is silencing them...
Latrell and d*ckbag stated their opinion on the anthem but still stood for it and played the game...
Failing to turn out is unacceptable...

I don't think it will be a matter of the players saying they won't play ... if they are smart they reverse the responsibility

I am sure they would say that they will play if not req'd to wear the jersey ....

SO THEN the pressure would be back on Manly to either agree ... OR ... say you can't play if you don't wear it ..

Why do we need a different jersey every second week to promote a different cause?
Why can’t we wear the same jersey for 26 weeks?
I guess it is all about money, sponsorship and getting PR!
Why can’t we just play footy rather than being promotional and political!

Just sayin’

I tend to agree, but why has a pride jersey been the one jersey that has brought so many people out to say we have too many jerseys?

No-one seemed to care about that community jersey with the blue on it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10