Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Meanwhile in the latest chapter of ‘We still have a strategy to eventually reclaim the Sea Eagles from the clutches of the Penn family’:

D6F53F36-4906-4221-80B3-1D30F200DF7B.jpeg

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Meanwhile in the latest chapter of ‘We still have a strategy to eventually reclaim the Sea Eagles from the clutches of the Penn family’:
So that is the latest divisional chapter is it ?

One thing that we have been really Good Over the years is we have been good at dividing our club

The best Chapter in the History of our club would be all factions working together for the sake of our club instead of working against each other .

The sooner all egos go . The sooner our club will start to prosper

The moral of the story
No ego is bigger than our club

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
So that is the latest divisional chapter is it ?

One thing that we have been really Good Over the years is we have been good at dividing our club

The best Chapter in the History of our club would be all factions working together for the sake of our club instead of working against each other .

The sooner all egos go . The sooner our club will start to prosper

The moral of the story
No ego is bigger than our club
Seriously Bozo? If you get rid of the ego's, there'd be no one else left.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Soooo in other words let's move the leagues club to Narrabeen RSL so we can close and sell off the whole leagues club site for more profit into Penns backpocket.
No mate. I believe penns sold that building years ago.

Also you are factually incorrect I read an article about it. The leagues club are not taking up the property of the narra RSL just assuming the members.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Soooo in other words let's move the leagues club to Narrabeen RSL so we can close and sell off the whole leagues club site for more profit into Penns backpocket.
As others have posted.

The horse bolted on that one some years ago.

The Narra Rissole site is owned by the local RSL sub-branch, which as I understand it, foreclosed on the licensed club.

Ryan

Journey Man
A refresher everyone:

Penn bought the Leagues club & Carpark site for 7.125 million May 2009
Penn sold the Leagues club site for 22.5 million March 2016
Penn sold the Carpark site for 7.5 million in April 2016

That's:
Initial outlay: $7,125,000 (obviously less duties, GST, Commisions etc)
Final Sales: 30,000,000 (obviously less agents fees etc)
TOTAL ESTIMATED PROFIT: $22,875,000

For the record, in that time, Penn also gets gate takings from games, marchandise sales, memberships (the NRL pay the players salaries) and has said he's "poured" a million a year into the club since 2014. And cried foul about it, and wanted a stand named after himself.

The bloke is a human paraquat - oh POOOOR Scotty Penn. The blokes profiteered off us year after year and cries foul haha

Last edited:

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member

Not exactly reassured after that but good to know the players are all happy and laughing together. Who needs wins when players are having a great time.
DCE does not seem to recognise his role as captain apart from (clears throat) defence!
Journos were good.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member

Not exactly reassured after that but good to know the players are all happy and laughing together. Who needs wins when players are having a great time.
DCE does not seem to recognise his role as captain apart from (clears throat) defence!
Journos were good.
No comment. The guy is a zero in leadership.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Enough to win two origin series for qld and get us in to the top 4 last year.

Honestly mate time to lose that salary envy chip on your shoulder. Outside of the last two weeks the blokes had a very good season. But hey don't let the facts get
In the way of your hating
I don't doubt his desire and he can be very good when he's on but it's his inability (too harsh?) to get his team mates motivated is what concerns me.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Enough to win two origin series for qld and get us in to the top 4 last year.

Honestly mate time to lose that salary envy chip on your shoulder. Outside of the last two weeks the blokes had a very good season. But hey don't let the facts get
In the way of your hating
To me, Origin is a different beast. Cream of the crop run by the best strategists. These are not players who need motivating, who look to their captain.
Tom got us to Top 4 last year. DCE is never an NRL captain (where they do need on field motivation and leadership) to my mind.
Now Jamie Lyon, there's a captain!

Mitch

Bencher

Journos were good.
Look to be fair, I think that the happy laughing comment was in relation to the divided camp talk - Clearly I don't think they're laughing about the results. He was more so trying to highlight the fact that the vibe within the squad is still healthy. He didn't dodge any questions and handled it reasonably I thought.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Look to be fair, I think that the happy laughing comment was in relation to the divided camp talk - Clearly I don't think they're laughing about the results. He was more so trying to highlight the fact that the vibe within the squad is still healthy. He didn't dodge any questions and handled it reasonably I thought.
But this is exactly where I mean he's not the studied media performer he thinks he is. A good captain would have gone the route of 'we enjoy each other's company but we must transfer that camaraderie to the field where we're just not clicking as a team'. Or some such.
Agree to disagree but I have never thought we'd win a premiership with him as c.

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
I think the players with motivation issues would be my biggest concern, if you can't motivate yourself no one else can do it for you,they are professional footy players not under 10
I don't doubt his desire and he can be very good when he's on but it's his inability (too harsh?) to get his team mates motivated is what concerns me.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think the players with motivation issues would be my biggest concern, if you can't motivate yourself no one else can do it for you,they are professional footy players not under 10
Geez, I started writing some psycho babble BS addition then but all I would add is that when the team isn't working at the same level, it's on the captain to change that and I'm just not sure Chez can do it. That's all. But yes, they certainly get paid enough to be motivated. Nothing drives more nuts than when I hear players say - ahhh, we just didn't turn up today. Really??!!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I could not find the music thread
Can one of you feathered friends kindly move my music post to the music thread to where it belongs
Thank you .

Every dull cloudy day like today is brightened up by an upbeat moment that lifts our spirits

The inspirational Olivia at the pennacle of her beauty and her singing career

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14