Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
I was going to post this in the Post Game thread but this may/may not relate to recent posts here...

After the game on Saturday, there was a tribute to Foz, Walker, Taupau, Davey & Taufua, announcing they're leaving and showing video highlights of their Manly careers. Then Marty & family, Foz & family and DCE came the whole way around Brookie. (Walker only went half way.)

Since the Bob Fulton Stand opened, very few players come to the southern end (the exception being DCE). In the past, the custom's been if Manly win, at least some of the players do a lap of Brookie, or some of it, wave and clap to the fans and vice versa.

This may mean nothing but what I thought was intriguing was, even though Manly lost the game, Haumole and Sipley came around, including down to the south end, waving and clapping to the Manly fans. Make of that what you will!
Might have been because it was member appreciation game ?
And the whole team were supposed to but after that effort ????

I guess could be more to it.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
I was going to post this in the Post Game thread but this may/may not relate to recent posts here...

After the game on Saturday, there was a tribute to Foz, Walker, Taupau, Davey & Taufua, announcing they're leaving and showing video highlights of their Manly careers. Then Marty & family, Foz & family and DCE came the whole way around Brookie. (Walker only went half way.)

Since the Bob Fulton Stand opened, very few players come to the southern end (the exception being DCE). In the past, the custom's been if Manly win, at least some of the players do a lap of Brookie, or some of it, wave and clap to the fans and vice versa.

This may mean nothing but what I thought was intriguing was, even though Manly lost the game, Haumole and Sipley came around, including down to the south end, waving and clapping to the Manly fans. Make of that what you will!
Does that mean DCE going as well?

aidos

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Hi Aidos mate if you can be bothered reading from pages 70 you will work it out ,but who knows I really find it difficult that there would be soo much turmoil over one freaking jersey and that all of a sudden there is a mass exodus over what is essentially a management stuff up .
Anyways I'll summarise for you,, depending on what you want to believe 3 maybe 4 of the stand down 7 want out ,again depending on what you believe its not Sch nor Josh A ,doubtful Saab and doubtful Koula .That leaves one big gun in question and as has been posted by others I really find it difficult to believe that given the support we have given his mate Manase and the fact we gave him a start ,and the oblivious depth of feeling and support that Des gave him and the others that Ola would want out .
Personally I think these grubs like that old pisshead Rothtool trawl thru these pages and make this shyte up.
Anyways Go Manly -winners don't quit and quitters don't win !
Yeah cheers mate. I gathered from reading previous pages that Schuster wasn’t one of the players that wanted out but was struggling to determine which of the 7 actually wanted out, as I think Mickqld said all 3 of them are forwards so that would be sipley, ola and aloiai but then someone else said aloiai is not one of them so the whole thing was quite confusing. But yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if most if not all of this is just speculation from the media or another bull**** story.

aidos

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member

Davey also walked around most of the stadium but I don’t think many people recognized him as he was in a manly tracksuit rather than a jersey as he obviously didn’t play, so he kinda looked like a regular guy. He had plenty of time for a chat and i got a photo with him too. Seems like a really good bloke. Still spewing that he’s leaving.

Last edited:

aidos

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
At the game the other night, Manly confirmed Foz, Taupau, Davey and Jorge (already gone) are leaving.
Yeah thanks mate. Sorry I should’ve been more clear with my post, but I was referring to the speculation on previous pages about some of the manly 7 wanting out of the club.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Might have been because it was member appreciation game ?
And the whole team were supposed to but after that effort ????

I guess could be more to it.
May-be because of member appreciation game....but if that was the case the only players not leaving who made an effort to come along the southern end were DCE (who always does) and Haumole and Sipley. It was just an observation but I could be reading too much into it....

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
May-be because of member appreciation game....but if that was the case the only players not leaving who made an effort to come along the southern end were DCE (who always does) and Haumole and Sipley. It was just an observation but I could be reading too much into it....
I've noticed how the players all go to the new stand now. Assuming that's where their families are looked after, but a little annoying, given any seated members are in the other stands.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Rewarding poor form? Des Hasler style ?
And letting sandwich go instead

Definition of insanity if you ask me.

Insanity GIF by Neil Sanders

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Surely if they're agitating to leave then their contracts can be deregistered, it's not the club asking to end the deal, if they want to play for another outfit let them negotiate new contracts, no reason we should be paying any freight imo
Remember Blake Green? (I had to struggle to recall his name). Easy to agitate for a release, in fact its now become commonplace. Just let it be known you are not happy and do the barest minimum to avoid being in breach of your contract.
What club wants an unhappy player sitting on the reserve grade bench taking up salary cap space in your squad? Melbourne get away with playing hardball because their team is always a premiership chance, so you'd have to be pretty bloody pissed off with them to mope around in reserves all year. They'd just call your bluff. For most clubs, let them go. For struggling clubs you'd even pay something to get rid of them.
Are we a struggling club? Right now... Yes!

Ryan

Journey Man
Remember Blake Green? (I had to struggle to recall his name). Easy to agitate for a release, in fact its now become commonplace. Just let it be known you are not happy and do the barest minimum to avoid being in breach of your contract.
What club wants an unhappy player sitting on the reserve grade bench taking up salary cap space in your squad? Melbourne get away with playing hardball because their team is always a premiership chance, so you'd have to be pretty bloody pissed off with them to mope around in reserves all year. They'd just call your bluff. For most clubs, let them go. For struggling clubs you'd even pay something to get rid of them.
Are we a struggling club? Right now... Yes!

I think the worst clubs at the moment are The Tigers (all be it 2 great signings), The Knights, and us.

Then you've got the pretty poor clubs who are treading water (Warriors) - all be it a new coach coming in.

Then you've got the struggling clubs who seem to be improving: Bulldogs & Titans (not as quickly as the Dogs).

Then the rest.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think the worst clubs at the moment are The Tigers (all be it 2 great signings), The Knights, and us.

Then you've got the pretty poor clubs who are treading water (Warriors) - all be it a new coach coming in.

Then you've got the struggling clubs who seem to be improving: Bulldogs & Titans (not as quickly as the Dogs).

Then the rest.
Yep knights tigers and us to fight for spoon in 2023.

We are all in each club for a very long time without finals footy happening.

The Who

Journey Man

Then the rest.
The Tuggers, Knights and Tits have plenty of junior talent, so they have some hope of future improvement. The Dogs are backed by one of the State's wealthiest leagues club, so they have ways of luring good players and coaches outside the Cap. The Worriers should be a powerhouse, with first dibs on all that NZ talent.
Manly? I fear for our future if we continue with the same ownership and administration. Where is the vision?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Thank you @The Wheel
Two very notable things from this sentimental post that draws to an end to our season and those Manly players wearing our Legendary Maroon and White colours

The first is the honour and gratitude from all those players that have been given the opportunity to represent the Greatest club of all . The Manly Sea eagles

All departing players echo Dylan Walkers Gratitude
“I’ll never forget this place
It is a very special place. I have been doing rugby league for a while now and to do it seven years here I am super grateful.”

Good luck to all those departing players

The other notable thing from this post is "The Lap of Honour "

Let us never forget the Benchmark of excellence that Made Manly known as the Greatest club of all

Let us never forget what a Real Lap of Honour means and the Great Honour it brings with it

See the source image

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I think the divide thing is bull****.

There’d be some boys that weren’t happy at the time but they would have moved on by now .

The media are such arseholes.

Agree .. the players wouldn't have much of a problem with each other .. they will move on quickly .. but I am not certain the relationship between the players and the club will be all that great for a while

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14