Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Who

Journey Man
Davey needs to be our "enforcer". He needs to be there for the grind because we have plenty of flashy players. Fitting The Shoe and Bully into the pack is tricky. Guacca and Jurbo are assured of a spot in the pack, but there will be a scramble for places between Kapow, Keppie, Sippers, Tent, Al, The Lawman, Froggy and Walker. At least two of those mentioned won't find a place in the top 17; that's providing Walker and The Shoe are considered forwards.
Personally, I'd be happy if Kapow was rested. I'd like to see Sippers given another crack, which means Keppie would also miss out and Bully or Davey would have to play front row at some stage.
It's a good problem to have, provided those selected fire up and play to their potential/size.

And a bloody good bloke on top of that. Agree he is in the 13. Put Schuster and Dylan in the centres and you solve a lot of our problems in both forwards and back. Schuster to halves if either of them go down.
He just loves the grind - not flashy but gee we need another Jake in that pack and he is close - needs to get some match fitness now

Davey needs to be our "enforcer". He needs to be there for the grind because we have plenty of flashy players. Fitting The Shoe and Bully into the pack is tricky. Guacca and Jurbo are assured of a spot in the pack, but there will be a scramble for places between Kapow, Keppie, Sippers, Tent, Al, The Lawman, Froggy and Walker. At least two of those mentioned won't find a place in the top 17; that's providing Walker and The Shoe are considered forwards.
Personally, I'd be happy if Kapow was rested. I'd like to see Sippers given another crack, which means Keppie would also miss out and Bully or Davey would have to play front row at some stage.
It's a good problem to have, provided those selected fire up and play to their potential/size.
Just said exactly that about Davey - you are spot on

And a bloody good bloke on top of that. Agree he is in the 13. Put Schuster and Dylan in the centres and you solve a lot of our problems in both forwards and back. Schuster to halves if either of them go down.
Not sure Schu is fit enough and able to defend laterally out there. I personally would rather him at 6, Foran at 7 and DCE at 9. Koula instead of Harper, Walker as the 14

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
From the SMH:

‘He’s a big part of our future’: Manly want Humphreys’ son as rivals circle

By Adam Pengilly

April 3, 2022 — 5.40pm

Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn wants Stephen Humphreys’ son Jamie to stay at Manly despite the club’s chief executive quitting his role as a host of rival clubs circle the future NRL prospect.

Jamie Humphreys, who was named in an extended Sea Eagles squad for an NRL trial earlier this year, is considered one of the most promising players in Manly’s system, and had been progressing through the grades while his father was chief As many as half a dozen clubs have registered interest in Jamie, who has shown enough promise to suggest an NRL debut could in the offing within a couple of years.

But Stephen’s sudden exit after club sponsors raised concerns with the Sea Eagles board over his personal financial situation has left Penn on the front foot over Jamie’s future on the northern beaches.

Jamie played in the halves during the Sea Eagles’ 28-24 loss to the Raiders in Jersey Flegg at 4 Pines Park on Saturday. He’s listed as a development player with the Sea Eagles through until the end of 2023, but can field offers from elsewhere on November 1.

“He’s contracted to the club and we really want him to stay,” Penn said. “He’s definitely part of our future and he’s in our emerging squad. He’s very talented. It’s been a difficult 48 hours or so, but we’ll work through that.”
Talent: Jamie Humphreys is highly rated by officials at Manly and beyond.

Talent: Jamie Humphreys is highly rated by officials at Manly and beyond.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS

Humphreys was due to front the Sea Eagles board over a corporate governance issue, but tendered his resignation on Friday - less than 24 hours before Manly’s trek to Mudgee for their round-four match against the Raiders. The Sea Eagles accepted his resignation.

The Sun-Herald revealed Humphreys had approached several Sea Eagles sponsors about his own financial situation.

Those approaches were then relayed to the Manly board, who launched an immediate investigation into the matter. Humphreys’ position was then deemed untenable.

Penn said the matter was a “personal one rather than a club matter”.

It will force the Sea Eagles to search for yet another chief executive, with the role churning through more than a dozen position holders since the Northern Eagles era ended nearly two decades ago. “We’ve already started the process and hopefully, we’ll find someone in the coming weeks,” Penn said.

Stephen Humphreys could not be reached for comment.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From the SMH:

‘He’s a big part of our future’: Manly want Humphreys’ son as rivals circle

By Adam Pengilly

April 3, 2022 — 5.40pm

Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn wants Stephen Humphreys’ son Jamie to stay at Manly despite the club’s chief executive quitting his role as a host of rival clubs circle the future NRL prospect.

Jamie Humphreys, who was named in an extended Sea Eagles squad for an NRL trial earlier this year, is considered one of the most promising players in Manly’s system, and had been progressing through the grades while his father was chief As many as half a dozen clubs have registered interest in Jamie, who has shown enough promise to suggest an NRL debut could in the offing within a couple of years.

But Stephen’s sudden exit after club sponsors raised concerns with the Sea Eagles board over his personal financial situation has left Penn on the front foot over Jamie’s future on the northern beaches.

Jamie played in the halves during the Sea Eagles’ 28-24 loss to the Raiders in Jersey Flegg at 4 Pines Park on Saturday. He’s listed as a development player with the Sea Eagles through until the end of 2023, but can field offers from elsewhere on November 1.

“He’s contracted to the club and we really want him to stay,” Penn said. “He’s definitely part of our future and he’s in our emerging squad. He’s very talented. It’s been a difficult 48 hours or so, but we’ll work through that.”
Talent: Jamie Humphreys is highly rated by officials at Manly and beyond.

Talent: Jamie Humphreys is highly rated by officials at Manly and beyond.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS

Humphreys was due to front the Sea Eagles board over a corporate governance issue, but tendered his resignation on Friday - less than 24 hours before Manly’s trek to Mudgee for their round-four match against the Raiders. The Sea Eagles accepted his resignation.

The Sun-Herald revealed Humphreys had approached several Sea Eagles sponsors about his own financial situation.

Those approaches were then relayed to the Manly board, who launched an immediate investigation into the matter. Humphreys’ position was then deemed untenable.

Penn said the matter was a “personal one rather than a club matter”.

It will force the Sea Eagles to search for yet another chief executive, with the role churning through more than a dozen position holders since the Northern Eagles era ended nearly two decades ago. “We’ve already started the process and hopefully, we’ll find someone in the coming weeks,” Penn said.

Stephen Humphreys could not be reached for comment.
phew! here i was thinking it was a bigger issue.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
T'was interesting how the mudia (for the first few stories) quoted "Manly has been through 5 ceo's in 6-8 years (whatever it was) but then one went...

How about we go back even further to make it look worse!?!?!?!

So now they all report "12 ceo's in twenty-two years!!!!!"

Stay tuned for the amount of ceo's since 1947

"one million dollars!!!"

manly al

First Grader
Obviously have Weekes coming through as well and high priority on Latu Fainu but Jamie definitely has some talent and like his playing style . No doubt will depend on how Jamie continues to progress and outside interest from there and D C E "s future intentions

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
T'was interesting how the mudia (for the first few stories) quoted "Manly has been through 5 ceo's in 6-8 years (whatever it was) but then one went...

How about we go back even further to make it look worse!?!?!?!

So now they all report "12 ceo's in twenty-two years!!!!!"

Stay tuned for the amount of ceo's since 1947

"one million dollars!!!"
It would drop right off, because until about 30 years ago they were called club secretaries.

Arthurson was in the latter role from about 1963 until 1983, when ironically he took over from Kevin Humphreys in Phillip Street.

John Tenison only lasted about a year before sadly dying in 1984. Doug Daley took over, stepping down due to serious illness in 1992. He sadly died later that year.

Then Cranky Franky was in the job up until c.2000/01, when his former front rower Magilla took over from him.

The Who

Journey Man
I've just returned from my long weekend in Mudgee (for the second year) and I can only reiterate that if you are thinking of going next season don't hesitate. Mudgee is a great town, the wineries are fantastic and the local support is awesome. Plus, their sporting facilities are to behold. If ever the NRL wanted to stage a tournament for all the clubs in the one centre then the Mudgee complex could accommodate them easily; they must have 7-8 quality grounds within the Glen Willow precinct.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
I've just returned from my long weekend in Mudgee (for the second year) and I can only reiterate that if you are thinking of going next season don't hesitate. Mudgee is a great town, the wineries are fantastic and the local support is awesome. Plus, their sporting facilities are to behold. If ever the NRL wanted to stage a tournament for all the clubs in the one centre then the Mudgee complex could accommodate them easily; they must have 7-8 quality grounds within the Glen Willow precinct.
Yep was an awesome weekend. Mudgee is a brilliant place. To top it off a horse I have shares in “Keith” had a run in the last at Mudgee on Sunday. Let’s just say after winning his 1st race in Canberra 12 months ago, he has been butt average ever since. I’m glad Manly won.

If it wasnt for covid, I would have been there.Was so looking forward to it

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16