Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Look I will say this again... if Davey stays fit he is in our 17 every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Is he our most talented forward? no way. Is he even in our top 10 most talented forwards? no way. Is he in our toughest mentally and on the field.. probably behind Jake he would be second and I absolutely guess Des rates him like that. He is the player the other players want to play with. He is old school.... he is all grit and determination... he is all heart and the shots he put on last week were pretty special. Not sure who he cut in half last week and they coughed the ball up... he didn't get much credit from the broadcasters but he absolutely cut them in half. He is a players player and if you haven't realised by now... in our pack we must have another players player there along with Jake to share the load. We need a tough old fashioned workhorse who will do his job every minute of every game and that is this guy. Let's hope he gets a crack at this and shows us what a tough hombre he is.... because seriously he is tough - he does have talent and he can and will make a difference. His attitude and toughness lifts a team... he showed us that last week. Not a doubt in my mind he is in our best 17 and probably with some moving a few players around to have a better balance he is in our best 13.

I honestly haven't seen enough of him yet ,but I hope these accolades ring true.

Just watch last week if you can and just see what he does.. his first hit on JWH - drives him sideways... didn't back off from the contest - Actually made sure he was right in front of JWH and in the "documentary" on the club website he actually says he did that on purpose. Lots of almost Jake like hits and yes the one in the second half where he cut the Rooster in half and they spilled the pill was really special. His attack was very solid for his first run of the year... he bent the line - he made yards... his attack and defence will only get better as he gets match fitness. He doesn't make errors...in defence he is exactly where he should be and he packs a punch. In attack he will never make a 40 yard run but what you will get is probably 15 hit ups per game all at about 10 metres per run... nothing fancy or exciting... just gets the job done. Consistent, error free, no fuss something besides Jake we don't see from any other forward. As someone on here said he needs to get on his stomach as he hits the ground and get up for a quicker play the ball but that is all technique and fitness. But yes watch last week again and try and focus on him - I did - pretty impressive outing. Certainly in our best top 3 on the day... and he only played half a game!

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As posted....

Sea Eagles to hold official opening of Bob Fulton Stand

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles will honour their greatest ever player with an official ribbon cutting ceremony of the new Bob Fulton Stand at 4 Pines Park tomorrow.

Fulton, who passed away on May 23 last year aged 74, played 213 first grade games for Manly and was the only person to both captain and coach the Sea Eagles to premierships.

The official ceremony will take place at half-time of the NRL match between the Sea Eagles and the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs. The existing grandstand at the southern end of 4 Pines Park was previously known as the Fulton-Menzies Stand, but will be renamed the Lyons-Menzies Stand after champion Manly players Steve Menzies and Cliff Lyons.

The new Northern Grandstand will forever now be known as the Bob Fulton Stand.

--------------------
At half time is a bit weird. I thought the Manly players would like to have a look, and aren't most of you yobbos (lol) going to the bathroom, buying more beer, or sending me pics from the game?

I hope it's not raining :)

Brookie Bob

"I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"
Captain's run - what's with the socks? :cool:

1648267195837.png

1648267239151.png

1648267278947.png

1648267311292.png

1648267366661.png

Ryan

Journey Man
Those training shirts look mint !

Secondly, Des stating yesterday that we've been in both games....I don't even know WHAT to say to that. Maybe at the 0 second mark. It was clear we were going to get pounded thereafter !

Come on Des. PLEASE.

gee this guy is impressive. I just wish we got him to the club 5 years ago. He adds another dimension to this team that we simply don't have besides Jake - absolute toughness and mental strength. He rarely makes an error and just does his job. Again I say he is in our best balanced and I reiterate balanced 13 every day of the week.

ShanghaiEagle

North Manly Eagle Nowadays
gee this guy is impressive. I just wish we got him to the club 5 years ago. He adds another dimension to this team that we simply don't have besides Jake - absolute toughness and mental strength. He rarely makes an error and just does his job. Again I say he is in our best balanced and I reiterate balanced 13 every day of the week.
And a bloody good bloke on top of that. Agree he is in the 13. Put Schuster and Dylan in the centres and you solve a lot of our problems in both forwards and back. Schuster to halves if either of them go down.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16