Cliff Lyons + Beaver - it's time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rynostradamus

Reserve Grader
Cliff Lyons is the best five eight I have seen play live. Gifted with vision and the time most halves wished they had he is nothing short of a magician. Paired with the best second rower the game has ever seen in Beaver Menzies they were an irrisistable force of timing.

It looks to me as though our on field roster is what it is for 2018. Why can't we then focus upon teaching what we have in the 6 rather than trying to find a silver bullet elsewhere.

Both of the aforementioned men are legends of our club and the game. Who better then to school two former Australian schoolboy halves. To hand down that knowledge and skill. No disrespect to Baz he was a very solid 5/8. But he is charged with the entire team. If he focuses his energy on one area we suffers elsewhere.

This year we are housing the best forward pack we have had in 7 years. Our back row of thommo siro and Jake is second to none. Enter the beaver working with cliffy and those lines and hole runs can be reformed. Cliff already has his toes in the coaching field.

Last of all I would call in 2 of the hardest nuts to don the maroon and white. Spud Cement. Get them teaching our young props how to become the most feared men in the game.

The rest of our squad knows what it is doing. Nail down these off field coaching recruits and we can again emulate our dominance of the 90s.

Manly to Win.

Resurfacing this one. My optimism before the season has well and truly been kicked out of me.

Cliffy head coach
Beaver assistant coach
Forwards coach BK or Spud.

Kite, Beaver, Cliffy. If they are coaching, it should he at Manly.
Would love Spud to put some mongrel into our forwards.
Any soft performances and you become Sounds punching bag for 10 mins. That might wake them up

Bring back the 5mtr rule and we are in business....

No disagreement that they need to be in club but i am not sure of their ability to coach a NRL club (or in beavers case his desire)

Resurfacing this one. My optimism before the season has well and truly been kicked out of me.

Cliffy head coach
Beaver assistant coach

I dont think BK will be available for a while.

edit: Unless you mean Kitey.

Cliffy head coach
Beaver assistant coach
Matt Balin as fitness and defence coach.
Ben Kennedy would be handy but I fear if he ever has a few beers he'll never find our training fields.

No thanks.. Hard enough watching the penns absolutely sh!t on a club Legend like tooves, ide have to walk away from the club when they did the same to cliffy or beaver... Notice I said when.. Cos you know it would happen. These Muppet's can't help themselves when it comes to pushing away manly legends and fans

You just can't teach Cliffiness. He was instictive and responded to the actions of the defence. It is an innate gift which can never be reproduced through training. Maybe Mr Miyagi from the karate kid is the only one who can come close to teaching those skills..
I was thinking the same. Cliffy rarely knew what he was going to do. No way to teach that!
But God I loved watching him play. Few players have so delighted with their magic.

You just can't teach Cliffiness. He was instictive and responded to the actions of the defence. It is an innate gift which can never be reproduced through training. Maybe Mr Miyagi from the karate kid is the only one who can come close to teaching those skills..
Totallly agree with this. Cliff had the vision to play to defensive lapses. He would just spot a lazy defender ,someone short of breath or someone with injury and that’s what he would target. The only orther player I’ve seen like this is Mark Ella in rugby who also has that vision.

Cliff Lyons is the best five eight I have seen play live. Gifted with vision and the time most halves wished they had he is nothing short of a magician. Paired with the best second rower the game has ever seen in Beaver Menzies they were an irrisistable force of timing.

It looks to me as though our on field roster is what it is for 2018. Why can't we then focus upon teaching what we have in the 6 rather than trying to find a silver bullet elsewhere.

Both of the aforementioned men are legends of our club and the game. Who better then to school two former Australian schoolboy halves. To hand down that knowledge and skill. No disrespect to Baz he was a very solid 5/8. But he is charged with the entire team. If he focuses his energy on one area we suffers elsewhere.

This year we are housing the best forward pack we have had in 7 years. Our back row of thommo siro and Jake is second to none. Enter the beaver working with cliffy and those lines and hole runs can be reformed. Cliff already has his toes in the coaching field.

Last of all I would call in 2 of the hardest nuts to don the maroon and white. Spud Cement. Get them teaching our young props how to become the most feared men in the game.

The rest of our squad knows what it is doing. Nail down these off field coaching recruits and we can again emulate our dominance of the 90s.

Manly to Win.
Yep would love to see Cliff and Beaver take the reigns.. However, when you say our back row of thommo siro and jake is second to none.. ummmm I think it's one of the weakest back rows in the comp. We do need a bit more old manly boy influence though to bring some pride and passion back to the jersey. Our culture was really torn up by the whole DCE issue/s.. As long as he's around, I am not sure we can get back to our winnings ways..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8