Clayton Faulalo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Faulalo could be a real wildcard in the next few seasons. I know its a big call but I reckon he's going to be a similar sort of player to Jamie Lyon. Versatile, good footy brain, can play many positions and can kick a goal.
Jamie played first grade as a teenager... how can you even think to compare the two.

I think Faulalo could be a real wildcard in the next few seasons. I know its a big call but I reckon he's going to be a similar sort of player to Jamie Lyon. Versatile, good footy brain, can play many positions and can kick a goal.

Jamie played first grade as a teenager... how can you even think to compare the two.
I think a closer comparison would be Garrick. Good finisher can play anywhere in the backline and can kick goals.

His goal kicking is terrible, I personally wouldn’t consider him to be a goal kicker even though he has kicked some goals in reserve grade. You could say young Gordy is a great goal kicker too with a 100% record.
I would just run with the versatile back narrative 😉

I haven't watched enough of Faulalo to make a proper judgement, but he appears to be a very good footie player. Can he be likened to Gutho in some ways?

I haven't watched enough of Faulalo to make a proper judgement, but he appears to be a very good footie player. Can he be likened to Gutho in some ways?
Not so much Gutho. Maybe a Dale Shearer type?
He impresses as an actual footy player, as opposed to an athlete who who has learned to play footy.
Has enough athletic ability to shine in 1st grade. Nascent star quality based on the glimpses I've seen.
Seems the Manly brains trust do recognise he has some talent. Go Clayton!

He impresses as an actual footy player, as opposed to an athlete who who has learned to play footy.
Has enough athletic ability to shine in 1st grade. Nascent star quality based on the glimpses I've seen.
I gave you a thumbs up SER8 and an extra gold star for using“nascent” on o footy forum.

I think he is a NSW Cup quality centre that will struggle in FG. I don’t see a great athlete, just a modest footballer. He could plug a hole when injury strikes, but I don’t think he has a big career ahead of him.

I thought he went well in the trial and obviously he was good last year in Cup, but just my opinion.

From the trial game against the Rorters he beat the first defender a couple of times, had good speed and could be a Smokey with injuries later on in the season.

One of the issues that has happened previously with emerging players (Weekes, Albert Hoppa, Tippy Toes etc) has been once they have got the chance they haven’t produced their best football in the top grade, fingers crossed for Faulalo if the opportunity comes he can produce his best football.

Be interesting how Faulalo and for that matter Talau may be rated into the season proper as likely back up centres and in relation to Parker in particular .
Has to be an advantage with Faulalo being able to cover fullback , centre and wing and looks like mainly centre with Paulo and Ray Ray vying for a vacant wing spot after Saab and Garrick and Koula most favored back up full backs .
More concerned with back up halves , Arthur , Shu and Wakeman no doubt could manage to a reasonable degree though some caveats with the Shu.
Full credit to Faulalo regardless on present indications , has been given an opportunity and ticking plenty of boxes to compete at a higher level , good attitude and ideally to be in the Manly system for some time yet

From the trial game against the Rorters he beat the first defender a couple of times, had good speed and could be a Smokey with injuries later on in the season.

One of the issues that has happened previously with emerging players (Weekes, Albert Hoppa, Tippy Toes etc) has been once they have got the chance they haven’t produced their best football in the top grade, fingers crossed for Faulalo if the opportunity comes he can produce his best football.
Personally would not include Tippy Toes in that category , went quite well on the wing for a good part of his Manly i st grade stints .
Maybe could have gone O K as a centre [ and which was his main background position apparently ] but that part done and dusted with Manly at least

I
Personally would not include Tippy Toes in that category , went quite well on the wing for a good part of his Manly i st grade stints .
Maybe could have gone O K as a centre [ and which was his main background position apparently ] but that part done and dusted with Manly at least
I agree with Tippy toes Al, thought he was unlucky not to get a run at left centre his preferred position. I don’t think we seen the best of him yet.

Not a Dale Shearer type unfortunately. We saw this on the weekend when Vaega picked up that loose ball on our quarter line and sprinted towards the Roosters like. Clayton was there to take the final pass and score but did not make any impression on catching Vaega. Whereas Dominic Young caught Vaega in a few short steps. Clayton is a player who is elusive and can always find the line or a support. Definitely a place in the 30.

I

I agree with Tippy toes Al, thought he was unlucky not to get a run at left centre his preferred position. I don’t think we seen the best of him yet.
Just from what i have noticed personally , Faulalo would have a bit more to offer all round then Tippy Toes , though Tippy Toes carries were quite good on many occasions .Defensive reads , not that ideal at times
Would also hope that Talau will offer a bit more then what Tippy Toes may be capable of showing as a centre .
Probably not that much difference on the cap value side between the 3 so a bit of status quo but with Faulalo maybe just having that bit of an indication of an X factor

I

Even though the Dragons are rubbish I still can't see him making 1st grade there - barring injuries of course.

We have enough centre depth to ensure we can bring him along. Its up to him to bang down the door . Due to vegas the Reggie's are getting plenty of time to make a case . They then have to take the experience, the desire back to Blacktown and work harder than they ever have, to make the leap and clayton is in that basket.
big year for him But he has to earn it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8