Clayton Faulalo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
"STANDOUTS

NSW Cup’s top tryscorer for 2023, Clayton Fualalo added two more to his tally over the weekend in Blacktown’s win to finish the regular season with 29 tries in 23 games — eight clear of the second-placed Junior Pauga. Incredibly, there was only one game Fualalo didn’t score in all year.

It’s an incredible effort in what was his first season in NSW Cup. Fualalo played for the Eels’ Jersey Flegg side in 2021 but couldn’t break into their Cup side last season so spent the year playing for Ron Massey Cup feeder side Wentworthville Magpies. He joined Manly’s feeder club Blacktown Workers this year and has been a revelation, switching between wing and centre.

1693280230934.jpeg

Fualalo also finished the weekend’s game with four linebreaks and 133 running metres, while Jake Toby was electric at fullback with a try, a try assist, two linebreaks, three linebreak assists, seven tackle busts and 206 running metres."

More versatile, and seems a fair bit quicker, than Talau.

He can also be signed on development and not yet take up a 30 spot until he proves himself in top grade. In doing so, we could spend the wasted funds on Talau elsewhere.
Talau seems to have been written off by many, I don't get it. Admittedly I haven't seen much of him but I've seen good moments, in both attack and defence. Oh well, we'll all find out soon enough.

Talau seems to have been written off by many, I don't get it. Admittedly I haven't seen much of him but I've seen good moments, in both attack and defence. Oh well, we'll all find out soon enough.
Really don't enjoy sh*tting on a player's ability, but he really is sub-standard. I've cringed watching Harper represent us for the most part, and he is twice the player Talau is. I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong

Ouch. If he's not as good as Harper that doesn't bode well. Harper is kind of likeable as a player but not premiership winner level.

You don't score more trys than every other player in your comp without having something going for ya. That he did it for Blacktown who just scraped into finals, and weren't really dominating the comp all year, suggests, it's more this kid, than the team structures as well. Then add that he scored em at fullback, scored em on the wing, and scored em at centre. Where they put him didn't seem to matter.

Now tell me again, why wouldn't you give this kid a run in A grade?

You don't score more trys than every other player in your comp without having something going for ya. That he did it for Blacktown who just scraped into finals, and weren't really dominating the comp all year, suggests, it's more this kid, than the team structures as well. Then add that he scored em at fullback, scored em on the wing, and scored em at centre. Where they put him didn't seem to matter.

Now tell me again, why wouldn't you give this kid a run in A grade?
At least in the development squad . Seems to be quite a bit of conjecture on the ability or consistency level of Tommy Taulu , In some ways maybe prefer Faulalo in the main squad , , untested at i st grade level but with the uncertainty with Taulu and Faulalo 's impressive efforts for this seasons , could again have made a sound case .
Definitely kicked on a lot better then Fletcher - Myers who was considered sort of a future fringe squad member so again surely should be considered at least as a development squad member

A goal kicking fullback who scored the most tries playingwing/center at nsw cup level. Should be in the top 30 side next year.
You would think so.. but he has been at 3 clubs as a junior and it seems his "ceiling" may be as a NSW cup player..
Better judges than you and I would have seen him.

Here's a quote from Wayne Lambkin... our assistant for next year.

“There are broadly three types of players in reserve grade,” Lambkin says.

“You get the first-grade player that doesn't want to be in reserve grade, and you get the guy who is a very good player but who might not ever play first-grade.
Then there are the juniors coming through who are bypassing reserve grade and on to first grade."

Hasn't played NRL and he's no longer a junior...

Yeah he may eventually get an NRL run as an older rookie but that's few and far between..

Also Dean Matterson said something very interesting when being interviewed and asked about Clinton.. he said yeah it seemed like the ball ended up wherever he was to score tries..

So maybe a fair few of those tries were simple fall over the line or trott 10m to fall over..

Still a great effort but there must be a reason why he hasn't cracked the NRL or even been talked about even as a junior.

I hope he makes it.

Go Manly

Credit to Clayton for moving from the Eels. He couldn't get past Flegg. Parramatta may have rated him but felt they had better in the NRL and the NSW Cup. Clayton could have stayed and played in the Massey Cup feeder team so he backed himself and fortunately the Blacktown Eagles adopted a different policy of playing the "fringe" top 30 NRL players which provided some depth to the BWSE.
I am still concerned about his defence and his goalkicking was off the mark at the start of the season which is why Johns & Humphreys were the kickers when playing.
A development contract would be a good step for him.
I will be keen to see how Garner progresses in 2024. During the season, always dropped to Penrith Brothers to make way for the players coming down to BWSE. Scored plenty with the Brothers and towards the end of the season ended up in the BWSE charge to the semis.

I think Faulalo could be a real wildcard in the next few seasons. I know its a big call but I reckon he's going to be a similar sort of player to Jamie Lyon. Versatile, good footy brain, can play many positions and can kick a goal.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10