Christian Jersey For Easter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You’re right, Josh mostly likely wasn’t thinking of the big picture / impact. While I was harsh on him at the time I think in he probably deserved a bit more understanding in that respect

Then again I am not a fan of him agreeing to have a media interview with no intention to say anything new. All I learned is that he thinks Corey Parker is an idiot and that he’d do it all again. Like c’mon josh surely he just lets it burn out :call:
Somehow I doubt that the club had any say in him doing that interview. His views on Parker, rather than his religious beliefs (which to date the club has naturally been happy to accommodate), might be the beginning of the end of Aloiai in a Manly jumper.

I reckon on an average Sunday in an average Month we should do a jersey for the average bloke and gal.

You know just one for the people out their doing their best without any bs.

They might or might not go to church on Sunday. They might have long hair. They might keep their sexual habits and preferences to themselves. They might be pet owners or even have a V8 car, who knows?

They are just out there doing their 40 hours a week to pay the bills. Maybe we could give them all a free ticket and pie and drink.

57_8eb8d748-787f-4432-9cde-a309613d0c9c_large.jpg

Every week, all weeks, all season.

To my understanding, the boycotting players were instructed at the time by the club not to talk publicly about the issue.

Maybe that was a wise policy? The players who've spoken recently have not been very articulate & probably haven't helped their cause.

Aloiai doesn't appear to be an eloquent speaker, which is surprising considering he aspires to be a minister. In the interview, it appears he had FMID (foot-in-mouth-disease). I am fairly sure he was giving a hypothetical example when talking about Christian jerseys at Easter. The reporter was less than discerning to interpret it as a an actual occurrence. Also, it was not very diplomatic of Aloiai to insult Corey Parker. In future interviews, I think he may be more careful with his words.
We all have different intelligence levels, he's not paid to be an eloquent speaker, in regards to his response to Corey Parker, I'm OK with it, these guys have been on the receiving end, and he simply showed frustration his own way when he had his opportunity to respond

Yeah it was in yesterday’s article, and a journo has decided to focus on it to keep the story ticking along.

It seems a throwaway line said under the pressure of an interview, a clumsy hypothetical.

It also sounds like total bull****. I bet this was never even discussed.

. Josh is a motor mouth.
I think he just didn't say the word "if" clearly enough. Sloppy grammar in posing a hypothetical, not a description of something that actually happened. This article is just poor journalism based on a misunderstanding of what Aloiai was saying.

This is hilarious, we have people here seriously suggesting it is likely the appalling death threats against Aloia came from 'activists'. Yes all those gay activists do have a reputation for being involved in bullying and violence - but as victims not perpetrators.

My immediate thought was the sort of people who would do such a despicable act were probably beer-swilling right wing bigots who actually didn't care one iota about the jersey or gays but who were simply furious that their multis were trashed. And responded, as real men do, by lashing out anonymously with fury and threats. Typical disgusting behaviour from entitled pricks who need to blame someone for their own stupidity in gambling more than they can afford.

Your welcome.
Well there's a nice hefty dose of the no true Scotsman fallacy for us all to mull over....

I think he spoke well and i got his point. Hey we dont mind if anyone is gay but our religion wont let us endorse it. If the club is listening, and if you are thinking about going down this road again, why not just make it a #respect jersey. Just respect everyones way of life and also their beliefs. Why even single 1 group out? Just respect everyone.

Apologies I didn’t mean to make that part sound equal. I was saying Josh’s actions was similar in the sense that he had the same “I don’t want you to exist” message. Perhaps I should run through and edit the post as such to make it clearer.

Fans going out of their way to contact him directly and offer wild death threats is a seperate issue. And I don’t really understand what they want to get out of that
" i dont want you to exist is soooo far from what he said. Try reading the article and watching the interview.... wait for it.....champ.

The whole "attacking x's existence" talking point is so lazy and reductive. The logic is never applied in the reverse direction either, are the people laying into the 7 denying their right to exist?

" i dont want you to exist is soooo far from what he said. Try reading the article and watching the interview.... wait for it.....champ.
All good, but I wasn’t talking about the interview Stevo. Just on that quickly, he came across as more defencive than genuine.

Anyways, back to my last post, what I meant is that (intended or not) the boycott painted a pretty sad picture for some people. 7 relatively high paid players willingly skipped out on the club’s most important game of the season due to a club initiative w/ some colours. It was pretty surreal at the time, and that’s probably why it’s going to be talked about for a looong time. We all get that they are religious and that is sweet but that doesn’t really change the message of it. I just feel sorry for the young gay kids seeing some people they may or may not look up to be totally incapable of tolerating them. It’s just the little things, rejection is a bitch

All good, but I wasn’t talking about the interview Stevo. Just on that quickly, he came across as more defencive than genuine.

Anyways, back to my last post, what I meant is that (intended or not) the boycott painted a pretty sad picture for some people. 7 relatively high paid players willingly skipped out on the club’s most important game of the season due to a club initiative w/ some colours. It was pretty surreal at the time, and that’s probably why it’s going to be talked about for a looong time. We all get that they are religious and that is sweet but that doesn’t really change the message of it. I just feel sorry for the young gay kids seeing some people they may or may not look up to be totally incapable of tolerating them. It’s just the little things, rejection is a bitch
Why cant he be definsive and genuine? Of course he's defensive. He's been hammered and he and his kids have received death threats. How could you not be? You can blame the club and the media for the **** storm. **** the politics off. He has a gay sister whom he obviously loves. Let those gay kids you speak of hear his interview where he says he has nothing but respect for everyone. I totally agree with him. He should not be made to endorse anything with political ties. Just let them play ****en football and everyone will be happy.

Somehow I doubt that the club had any say in him doing that interview. His views on Parker, rather than his religious beliefs (which to date the club has naturally been happy to accommodate), might be the beginning of the end of Aloiai in a Manly jumper.
Come on ,But Parker is a big mouth attention seeker.
Manly already knows that.
Fingers crossed though !

Why cant he be definsive and genuine? Of course he's defensive. He's been hammered and he and his kids have received death threats. How could you not be? You can blame the club and the media for the ** storm. ** the politics off. He has a gay sister whom he obviously loves. Let those gay kids you speak of hear his interview where he says he has nothing but respect for everyone. I totally agree with him. He should not be made to endorse anything with political ties. Just let them play ****en football and everyone will be happy.
It’s clear we disagree. Agree to disagree stevo

We should have a manly round . Some might boycott that jersey now………..contractural obligations aside. its hard to define what manly stands for currently As we have just watch people undo everything that made manly , but just being messy and unprofessional

if this forum is any guide to opinion why wouldnt a squad of about 50 dudes have the same feeling. People strike, walk off sites In other jobs. I actively sought employment change after a couple of years in a bank Over 20 years ago. Ethically we just didn't align. Quite enjoyed the place, nice people but sneaky paul kents

regardless of outcome I think it shows we are not far off industrial action in the NRL over something. Its simmering , player contracts moving forward considering, will be interesting .

theres a lot of change in the world that we just have to accept, as most is just catching people up to stock standard, because society has kept a foot on their heads .

we keep saying the players are role models, maybe they will be better at leading a new employment revolution, who knows. I just dont think the players are done, collectively . They have a unified strength they are just staring to realise. Its gonna get ugly i reckon .

The role model argument is only just that ..a argument and a proposition It is by no means an absolute! Those who are claiming that…. are merely projecting thier ideology and maybe don’t even know it. I suspect that is the case with some.
There is plenty of healthy debate and contention about the matter.
here is an example on the con side below.

It ends with this point

“It’s encouraging that kids and adolescents want to train like athletes, eat healthy like athletes, and play hard like athletes, however, when it comes to social responsibility and role models for off-field behaviour, it may be worth looking elsewhere.”

Yes there are agreements for the other side but this is by no means carved in stone as some posters will try to enforce/ impose…

Athletes are artists, not role models

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4