Christian Jersey For Easter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And that is your opinion, and it is as valid as anyone elses. Meanwhile some people disagree with promoting the LGTBIQ...Z agenda. That is their opinion. Funnily enough as the saying goes 'Opinions are like aresholes. Everybody has one'. And I might add that your arsehole is no more relevant that the next.
Mine is.

Can’t believe he received death threats over this even apparently towards his child.
Unbelievable! Hard to believe that disgruntled Manly supporters would do this suspect it was so called activists. If these activists represent a higher good! god help us all.

Yeah ... The enlightened ones ... their tolerance only lasts up until the point you disagree with them ...

I reckon on an average Sunday in an average Month we should do a jersey for the average bloke and gal.

You know just one for the people out their doing their best without any bs.

They might or might not go to church on Sunday. They might have long hair. They might keep their sexual habits and preferences to themselves. They might be pet owners or even have a V8 car, who knows?

They are just out there doing their 40 hours a week to pay the bills. Maybe we could give them all a free ticket and pie and drink.

I reckon on an average Sunday in an average Month we should do a jersey for the average bloke and gal.

You know just one for the people out their doing their best without any bs.

They might or might not go to church on Sunday. They might have long hair. They might keep their sexual habits and preferences to themselves. They might be pet owners or even have a V8 car, who knows?

They are just out there doing their 40 hours a week to pay the bills. Maybe we could give them all a free ticket and pie and drink.

You're got to be shiitting me ... a V8 ... I'd glue myself to the damn planet destroying abomination ... and pets, farting and destroying the ozone ... bugger me ... not to mention how many Kangaroos are slaughtered to feed the parasitical bludgers .. they might as well have tattoos as well ..

Can’t believe he received death threats over this even apparently towards his child.
Unbelievable! Hard to believe that disgruntled Manly supporters would do this suspect it was so called activists. If these activists represent a higher good! god help us all.
Disclaimer: Death threats are never right

But I disagree that he doesn’t deserve an extent of backlash for the way he went about things (edit: NOT death threats :devil:) .

He was happy to use his platform as a highly paid player to link up with his mates and create an issue that more or less tells a group of people he doesn’t agree with their existence.

Sure it’s not the same as a death threat but im pretty sure subtle messages like that have the potential to **** up some young people who are gay/ashamed. I think Josh could’ve worn the 90% maroon jersey and gone on to live another day without this. If not than he should reconsider his career. Not many professions/businesses would tolerate the way he went about it and the trail it caused.

Sure it’s just a game, but im sure young gay fans probably felt a little worthless after seeing how far players were willing to go to spite them over a small jersey pattern. I don’t really know any gay people but im sure they are appreciative that Josh and co got backlash from 80% of people. There’s always the crazy activists but Josh Aloiai is no better, he just picks and chooses his religion when convenient and uses a platform to try make a statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Death threats are never right

But he also was happy to use his platform as a highly paid player to link up with his mates and create an issue that more or less tells gay people he doesn’t agree with their existence.

Sure it’s just a game, but im sure young gay fans probably felt a little worthless after seeing how far players were willing to go to spite them. There’s always the crazy activists but Josh Aloiai is no better.
Mate respect your view. It does not get anymore serious than death threats not a comparison I would making in saying Josh’s actions are equal to this… no matter what side of the fence you are sitting on.

Mate respect your view. It does not get anymore serious than death threats not a comparison I would making in saying Josh’s actions are equal to this… no matter what side of the fence you are sitting on.
Apologies I didn’t mean to make that part sound equal. I was saying Josh’s actions was similar in the sense that he had the same “I don’t want you to exist” message. Perhaps I should run through and edit the post as such to make it clearer.

Fans going out of their way to contact him directly and offer wild death threats is a seperate issue. And I don’t really understand what they want to get out of that

Apologies I didn’t mean to make it sound equal. I was saying Josh’s actions was similar in the sense that he had the same “I don’t want you to exist” message. Perhaps I should run through and edit the post as such to make it clearer.

Fans going out of their way to contact him directly and offer wild death threats is a seperate issue. And I don’t really understand what they want to get out of that
It’s a complicated one @h2727 it really comes down to what you believe that Josh or players making a similar decision are purposely making a decision to hurt gay kids etc. I personally don’t think we as a society should be putting the esteem of any kid whether gay or anything they feel they are in the hands of sports people.

I am not a fan of Josh’s outside footy persona but I don’t think he has any intentional agenda to hurt kids… to me Josh is also not far off from being a kid himself…it’s what a lot of people don’t seem to see.

It’s a complicated one @h2727 it really comes down to what you believe that Josh or players making a similar decision are purposely making a decision to hurt gay kids etc. I personally don’t think we as a society should be putting the esteem of any kid whether gay or anything they feel they are in the hands of sports people.

Whether they like it or not, the second a player signs an NRL contract, they become a role model.

I don't like it, but that is just the way it is.

If you don't want to be said role model, don't sign the contract.

I am not a fan of Josh’s outside footy persona but I don’t think he has any intentional agenda to hurt kids… to me Josh is also not far off from being a kid himself…it’s what a lot of people don’t seem to see.
You’re right, Josh mostly likely wasn’t thinking of the big picture / impact. While I was harsh on him at the time I think in he probably deserved a bit more understanding in that respect

Then again I am not a fan of him agreeing to have a media interview with no intention to say anything new. All I learned is that he thinks Corey Parker is an idiot and that he’d do it all again. Like c’mon josh surely he just lets it burn out :call:

Whether they like it or not, the second a player signs an NRL contract, they become a role model.

Well put mave,

I think the way you put it takes the religion/cultural elements out of the argument which often only end up blurring things.

Last edited by a moderator:

A role model for who? What are the goal posts so to speak for this?

To my understanding, the boycotting players were instructed at the time by the club not to talk publicly about the issue.

Maybe that was a wise policy? The players who've spoken recently have not been very articulate & probably haven't helped their cause.

Aloiai doesn't appear to be an eloquent speaker, which is surprising considering he aspires to be a minister. In the interview, it appears he had FMID (foot-in-mouth-disease). I am fairly sure he was giving a hypothetical example when talking about Christian jerseys at Easter. The reporter was less than discerning to interpret it as a an actual occurrence. Also, it was not very diplomatic of Aloiai to insult Corey Parker. In future interviews, I think he may be more careful with his words.

The Christian jersey should be for Christmas, it is outrageous that people want it for Easter!! What about lent.

And the Catholics want it adorned in red and gold, but the protestants want it more plain.

To my understanding, the boycotting players were instructed at the time by the club not to talk publicly about the issue.

Maybe that was a wise policy? The players who've spoken recently have not been very articulate & probably haven't helped their cause.
Yeah, I don't think it's a coincidence that these interviews have happened while the players are in London for the World Cup, away from the Manly environment (whatever that might consist of these days). And have to agree that if they are not going to add anything to the discussion, it would be way better for the club and their teammates if they just let it lie. You don't want to be in the limelight? Then don't put yourself in it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7