Choc and Seu Seu charged with urinating in public

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm thrilled at the response from Graham Lowe. I love supporting Manly but I really hate it when we have the odd dickhead who repeatedly shows the team in a bad light. And, I am even more thrilled that I get to watch the team this weekend without having to wince every time the ball gets near Watnow? wondering what mistake he will make or penalty he will give away next. Go Manly.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I may be against the grain here, but I am extremely disappointed in the weeks suspension handed down by the club, way over the top

If it was a first time offender I'd agree, but Watmough and Seu seu are serial offenders and need to ****ing grow up, they're not teenagers although by the way they act you wouldn't know.

When will Watmough learn from his mistakes? I think he's a ****ing idiot and does nothing except degrade our "Brand". He's got a big new contract and thinks he's untouchable.

I'd give him much more than a weeks fine, and when he returns after next week i'd start him from the bench. His ego needs to be deflated somehow!

Stepping them down is absolute bull****. Why should the team and fans be punished aswell by not having our best second rower and pretty much our only utility on the park on saturday night against probably the best back row in the comp? Should have been fined.

Choc is your typical footballer; he's the reason my wife stereo types footballers as meatheads.

He is just not too bright.

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=187298.msg330403#msg330403 date=1301892458]
I think Seu Seu should have got off.
that would of been a massive BLOW for the club
I hardly think that would have helped the situation!
[/quote]

This is a minor offence, but it just adds to a long list of offences for Watmough. He is a very good player, but I'm starting to think having him in the team is not worth his rubbish. It seems as though every off season we get a new article stating how Watmough has finally grown up and changed his ways, and then he does something stupid. He is a ticking time bomb.

There are plenty of very good second rowers out there, and he is not as indispensable as he seems to think he is.

these guys are w****rs they deserve all they get no respect for other peoples property  i wonder if choc would like it if someone pissed on his doors and windows at his takeaway shop in harbord bet he would want a piece of who ever. i would sit them out with out payment for 3 weeks and make them a grog free zone for the rest of the season and if they break the no grog sack them there are plenty of toilets around the corso so why take a leak near the cop shop (dumber and dumber)

Ryno link said:
Didn't the sharks fine Gallen a huge sum for the same offence.

And took the captancy off him as well.  However Gallen at least had the intelligence to use that as a wake up call and he hasn't been in trouble since.  Unlike Watmough

Boys and girls, lots of crap has been written here. (poor little boys, hurting the team, who hasn't done this ......... blah, blah blah!)

Manly has called the fine - not the NRL. The players lose their salary for the game. Also they are on warning for what is publicly acceptable.

Whether anyone here has done the same - these guys have signed a code of conduct, know they are public figures and also carry the reputation of the club around with them. Manly is supported by lots of kids with mothers and fathers who are revolted by this sort of thing - spurred on by the 'salivating' press of course.

Bottom line is that both were idiots - one to do what they did and secondly to be caught.

If this can instill greater discipline and wake up both players, it will be a sentence well served.

Jeez harsh result in terms of our chances on sat night! Bloody idiots. Btw did easts stand down carney for any games for drunk driving?

Fonz link said:
Stepping them down is absolute bulls**t. Why should the team and fans be punished aswell by not having our best second rower and pretty much our only utility on the park on saturday night against probably the best back row in the comp? Should have been fined.

The reason the rest of the team has to suffer is to make them all wake up to themselves so they realise they are not justing copping a fine and letting themselves down but the whole team as well as the fans.  Until they start to realise this then they will keep pissing up the wall

David Gallop slams Manly pair

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...-1cye7.htmlNRL

NRL chief executive David Gallop has blasted Manly forwards Anthony Watmough and Terence Seu Seu following their arrest for urinating on a shopfront on Sunday night.
Gallop accused Watmough and Seu Seu of bringing disrespect to the game and welcomed the Sea Eagles' decision to stand the pair down for one match.
NSW and Test backrower Watmough and hooker Seu Seu were also fined a week's wages by the club on Monday, in addition to the $220 on-the-spot penalty issued to them by police for offensive behaviour.
They will sit out Saturday's clash with Cronulla at Toyota Stadium.
"Without knowing the full details, the club has seen fit to send a strong message because this sort of behaviour lets down everyone in the game and we will wait to get a more detailed report from them," Gallop said.
"At a time when the competition couldn't be better and when fans are enjoying the game in record numbers, players deserve to see their achievements on the field recognised.
"And even though it may not seem the biggest crime to some, off-field behaviour such as this is disrespectful to the rest of the players in the game."
Sea Eagles chief executive Graham Lowe labelled the pair's behaviour as unacceptable.
"They have embarrassed themselves and the club and its sponsors and supporters," Lowe said in a statement.
"They have shown great remorse for their silly action and will pay a heavy penalty."
Watmough and Seu Seu provided a joint statement expressing their regret for what happened.
"We are bitterly disappointed with our actions and for the fact that we have let our teammates, our families and our supporters down," they said.
"It was a careless and stupid thing to do and we accept the suspension without complaint."
The incident is another black mark against Watmough, who has been involved in a series of off-field incidents in recent years.
Less than two months ago the 27-year-old lost his driving licence after being caught clocking 133kph in an 80kph speed zone.
In 2009, Watmough was fined $10,000 by the club and given an official reprimand following a scuffle with a club sponsor.
The man's 21-year-old daughter also claimed she was insulted by Watmough.
Watmough, who has been capped by NSW five times and appeared for the Kangaroos on four occasions, was also involved in an incident with Steve Matai where the pair were assaulted by a gang of men in January last year.
Both players were cleared of any wrongdoing by the club following the attack.

Really disappointed in both of them.  It not only hurts the club in terms of bad publicity and the kicking they will inevitably get from certain sections of the press (who need no excuse to sink the slipper into Manly) but it also hurts their team mates who are left short handed against an improving Cronulla on Saturday.  I really wish Choc would pull his head in off the field.  He has been and can still be such a great player, if only he could concentrate on the field and stop the garbage off it.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

It's just gotten worse for Watmough ever since that article came out where he claimed he was finally growing up to be a role model for his kids.  Methinks his neurons are firing in all the wrong directions.

Canteen Worker link said:
Manly is supported by lots of kids with mothers and fathers who are revolted by this sort of thing - spurred on by the 'salivating' press of course.

Borderline impossible. Any male who is revolted by someone taking a piss on a wall/shop front is a homo, and therefore the chances of him having a kid is borderline zero.

Apparently Watmough suspension will cost him a weeks which is said to be $8,000.

So this bloke is on about 400k a year, a recently upgraded contract, but he never learns from his mistakes. It Watmough thick?

He should of been reprimanded for his speeding fine earlier this year which may have averted the latest incident.

This year gets caught speeding, bad publicity
Then hailed as a hero after Kyle lodge's car accident, good news story and now unravels it all by the latest incident.

A minor incident in isolation but a good opportunity taken by the club management to make a pretty simple point. Shape up or ship out.

Choc would be on pretty big pay after getting a new contract following his purple patch a couple of years ago. I have no doubt everyone in the club wants him to play out his career here - but not at any cost. If his contract did happen to get terminated under one of the catch-all 'discredit to the game' clauses it would certainly free up a hell of a lot of salary cap to find a replacement. The problem with Choc now is he really is one of the senior players so he can't get away with setting a bad example to all the youngsters.

Similar with Seu Seu, a player with ability but also a history of off-field problems. Has his form been so outstanding that we couldn't give his bench spot to someone else? Buhrer for example?

Shape up guys, you are needed at Manly - but only if playing well AND behaving reasonably.  

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
A minor incident in isolation but a good opportunity taken by the club management to make a pretty simple point. Shape up or ship out.

Choc would be on pretty big pay after getting a new contract following his purple patch a couple of years ago. I have no doubt everyone in the club wants him to play out his career here - but not at any cost. If his contract did happen to get terminated under one of the catch-all 'discredit to the game' clauses it would certainly free up a hell of a lot of salary cap to find a replacement. The problem with Choc now is he really is one of the senior players so he can't get away with setting a bad example to all the youngsters.

Similar with Seu Seu, a player with ability but also a history of off-field problems. Has his form been so outstanding that we couldn't give his bench spot to someone else? Buhrer for example?

Shape up guys, you are needed at Manly - but only if playing well AND behaving reasonably. 

Two things I'd like to add.

1 Watmough has seen some of these young blokes perform in the top grade, so he's not granted imunity anymore with them waiting in the wings.

2 If Watmough's contract get termintaned for another silly off-field dramma it would free up dollars to keep the young guns.

I just hope the ****ing penny drops this time and he gets back to his best.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4