Choc and Seu Seu charged with urinating in public

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think it's over the top. Someone in the club needs to take a stand and say this stuff is not on

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I may be against the grain here, but I am extremely disappointed in the weeks suspension handed down by the club, way over the top

I am more disappointed in the players.

Its a filthy act.

Time for Mr Watmough in particular to Grow Up and stop being a goose.

KE, there has been damage done to the 'brand', as a result of the actions of these 2 morons.
This is not the kind of press likely to attract a potential sponsor.

I agree Dan. Des needs to take a stand on this.
That log Zorba would be saying; "Don't worry boys, you go and have another beer"
As for Duff - you seem to think you are a real comedian. Unfortunately the police, the club and the NRL don't see the funny side. So I guess you're a bit isolated. That's a pity.

317554-anthony-watmough-sea-eagles.gif

It's one thing for one person to sneak off and find a tree to water, it's another entirely for a bunch of blokes to line up and piss on a shop window in the Corso at only 930 at night.  

Choc is worse than Fevola - he didn't even manage to shag Lara Bingle.  

Garts link said:
I am disappointed when I think how it will impact how we perform on the field.  Is that why you feel that way KE?

No, I think it is over the top generally

How many other blokes have been suspended for taking a leak in public ? None that I can recall and there have been plenty caught

Dan link said:
The police take this stuff seriously.

My brother was waiting at the swing set in the park opposite the cricket ground whilst his GF was having a piss in the park many many many years ago.

They caught his Mrs and nabbed my brother too even though he was swinging on the swing at the time.

I don't know how to put this delicately but they convinced him to admit he was pissing in public too back at the police station.

Did your brother get two lots of punishment? One from the police and another from his employer? I bet not. Just because Watmough is a footballer doesn't mean he should cop two lots of punishments. The police fine should suffice.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=187298.msg330392#msg330392 date=1301891899]
I am disappointed when I think how it will impact how we perform on the field.  Is that why you feel that way KE?

No, I think it is over the top generally

How many other blokes have been suspended for taking a leak in public ? None that I can recall and there have been plenty caught

[/quote]

Watmough gets himself in trouble every season, sometimes on multiple occasions.  He had to be punished.  I think Seu Seu should have got off.

Bones link said:
Did your brother get two lots of punishment? One from the police and another from his employer? I bet not. Just because Watmough is a footballer doesn't mean he should cop two lots of punishments. The police fine should suffice.

That would be fair enough if the news didnt mention he plays in the NRL for Manly, but because he does he damages the team and the code.

Bones link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=187298.msg330390#msg330390 date=1301891617]

My brother was waiting at the swing set in the park opposite the cricket ground whilst his GF was having a piss in the park many many many years ago.

They caught his Mrs and nabbed my brother too even though he was swinging on the swing at the time.

I don't know how to put this delicately but they convinced him to admit he was pissing in public too back at the police station.

[/quote]

I agree Bones.  Did the club fine and suspend choc for his driving offences?  No, but they suspend him for taking a leak?  Zero consistency there.

Bloody hell, Whatnow just doesn't get it does he ?

Have all the previous list of players caught urinating in public been given a one week suspension by their clubs ? I know two wrongs don't make a right, but why are we pandering to the NRL by suspending them ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I may be against the grain here, but I am extremely disappointed in the weeks suspension handed down by the club, way over the top

No way.  They got what they deserved.  Both players are repeat offenders

Watmough has had one issue after another and walks around like he is carrying brief cases.  And don't forget he punched out a sponsor.  

See you see you has already been punted by the knights for issues while on the drink so it seems nothing will make these guys wake up.  

KE next time you are in Manly walk down the corso early in the morning before the shop keepers have time to hose down the previous nights excesses and take a big whif of Manly.  It smells like a bad toilet and the cops and council have no alternative but to fine people for pissing in the cosrso.   It is not the seventies any more.

Sponsors will not be begging the club to come on board after today's news - not.

Very very disappointing considering we have a big game on Saturday night.  Just why couldn't they both go into a pub and have their piss?  Dead set, I would consider the club might have had just about enough from Choc.  He's a liability out there in sponsor land, that's why the club is suspending him.  I held on on the bus ride home from the CC and went in the club.  It was a tad uncomfortable, but there you go.  I'd hate it if someone pissed on my front step.  Just wake up Choc and be your age.    

Chip & Chase link said:
Bloody hell, Whatnow just doesn't get it does he ?

Have all the previous list of players caught urinating in public been given a one week suspension by their clubs ? I know two wrongs don't make a right, but why are we pandering to the NRL by suspending them ?
When you're presently seeking a major sponsor, this sort of crap is very damaging to the cause. Fair enough with the fine and suspension. I don't see it as pandering. I see it as protecting the Sea Eagles brand in the public eye.

Disappointing to once again see this sort of thing happen but I cant crucify them considering I too have done that sort of thing after a night on the piss. It's against the law and they are paying the penalty end of story.

Bones link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=187298.msg330390#msg330390 date=1301891617]

[/quote]

Bones you are missing the point. If i get caught pissing in public my employers brand/reputation is not caught up in it.

With footballers it is. You know it, I know it, they know it!! You cant treat this situation the same way you would with the general public. These guys are not the General Public.

If they dont want to subject themselves to media scrutiny, give the game away and become just another member of the public and get a ****ing job. Then they wont have to worry.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6