Cherry Evans and Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Walker is such a great natural Athlete .
Dynamic and Explosive player and very skillful as well
Des has Plenty to work with to make him a dominant 5/8

Very true. He also likes challenging people in games. Beating the man over 80 minutes often has a lot to do with being mentally dominated. Sure he gets cheeky, he bristles, but he takes people on , singles them out ,issues challenges and backs his speed and strength that is attacking footy in a nutshell,

Some consistent form and opposition will start giving him more respect

I think he needs to talk to tezza. That dude was the master. He would niggle, bump, knee, smash, sledge, slap , fart, in every tackle but still reel out looking like he had been violated beyond repute

But sir

Repeat, repeat

Unfit? We are super fit side. How much extra D did we do last night, no 50-50 calls, lob sided possession and still came over the top of them. Just need to control possession better. Less errors and more repeat sets. Don't try and score off every set
I didn't mean unfit (as in we are poorly trained, fat or anything). I meant we have too low match fitness (this early in the season) to be able to overcome that tough start. We needed to hold on until half time, then gather ourselves and launch a second half attack because we were shot for that first half. Luckily, we did just that and launched a decent second 40 where our forwards were able to do some more damage and we effectively won.

I agree with all your points

Somehow I can’t see him being back this year. It’s a pretty serious charge. For him to come back off this and then start winning games with brilliant performances is far from reality.Even if innocent it’s far too soon.
Other than the off field ramifications it wouldn’t have mattered. Wasn’t going to play a game this year with his shoulder.

I have probably been hard on Walker for his on field and off field behaviour which I think he deserved but he has toned down a fair bit and although he ain’t playing his best ,he still is playing good enough to retain his spot in the side.Nothing wrong with being a little cheeky and having a little attitude for the sake of morale.As long as it don’t go to his head And so far he has proved to be driven on discipline.As of yet I have no idea where we will finish this year, I just hope we go in a forward direction and keep Building while retaining our focus on the 2 points each week.

Not too sure what more Walker has to demonstrate to show that he is a very capable 6 , constant threat in attack just of the ruck , defends well , good passing game , passable kicking game
He's a very good centre playing 5/8. He's not a premiership winning 5/8. Thing id he does 2 or 3 good things per game on average and that's all some of you register.
You don't see the confusion, the telegraph play, the poor last tackle options yada yada yada.
For the love of god he has Turbo wrapping around the back of him for 80 minutes and I'm yet to see DW put tom into a hole. Put tom with Keary, munster or any of the top no.6's in the comp and he would be scoring 5 tries a match.

3 weeks? You sure?
****in oath guys been terrible. You laugh at my comments but walker was involved in all our tries taking it to the line drawing defenders.. he passed to dce he passed to turbo both times. He got us a repeat set and troubled them all night. Dce did jack **** 3rd week in a row.. last week who got us back in the game? While dce sat behind the play walker tried his ass off and scored a try! Against the dogs he was miles better and more involved. He ran for over 100 meters. Lol@yourself innit

He's a very good centre playing 5/8. He's not a premiership winning 5/8. Thing id he does 2 or 3 good things per game on average and that's all some of you register.
You don't see the confusion, the telegraph play, the poor last tackle options yada yada yada.
For the love of god he has Turbo wrapping around the back of him for 80 minutes and I'm yet to see DW put tom into a hole. Put tom with Keary, munster or any of the top no.6's in the comp and he would be scoring 5 tries a match.
Not saying that Walker is not a first class centre , his natural speed and running strength and especially acceleration makes him a formidable player in general , have no doubt that he would even make a very handy full back as well .Point that i make again is that since the middle of last season or so and now into this season , he is the best available fit for the six position taking into account the current make up of the Manly backs . Know that if i was facing up to a present Manly back line , would much rather be facing a Cust - Croker at 5 / 8 then Walker there . Again a Walker , Suli , Parker combination there seems the best available combination . Since the middle of last season , the Manly coaching staff has quite emphatically shown the same preference . in any case could hardly drop Parker with his form this year and with all back line personal available . Different matter now that Suli may unfortunately be out for a while , can only expect Funa or Elliot to slot into the vacant centre position if that is the case . Schuster 's time will come but not just yet .

DCE/ Walker this year is a weird one. They are still producing great tries with flashes on inspiration (often from Walker ) but in between times look totally lost. I've lost count of the number of times Walker shuffles across the park and looks totally lost as to what to do.... or the number of times at the end of a set DCE is in the wrong position to take a kick and our kicks look like afterthoughts. Yes we are often running the ball on the last & the run seems to be the first option so maybe that's the source of the confusion getting to our kicks ??

It's strange we look totally disjointed for long periods.......then out of nowhere a move slices the opposition wide open out of nothing and we are getting it done. Glass half full is this side has so much improvement in it it's scary. Tom is playing great but the rest of the spine Walker, DCE and Levi often seem like strangers. Yet yes we are winning games.

The secret to being a good team is winning ugly and that's what that was last night. Lot of improvement to come. To me it's a bit of a dogs breakfast at the moment....but we are getting a feed so...………….

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8