Cherry Evans and Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

grassy

Bencher
I was watching the game against Parra and both Cherry and Walker are playing ok, i am thinking they lack confidence in themselves from what I am seeing.Cherry is a top defender and seems that he does more than his fair share in defence,( he’s not a massive bloke)but I wish he would back himself a little more and run with the ball.I notice that when walker backs himself he makes in roads. Something though ain’t quite right with them. I am thinking that cherry is finding it hard to defend at his current level(which really is good) at the same time cut them to pieces in attack.Sometimes I think we lack speed.We do a hell of a lot of work in defence but how long can we hold through the year. They must be tired and stressed.In attack at times we are lost and are looking for someone to give the ball too who ain’t prepared.

I was watching the game against Parra and both Cherry and Walker are playing ok, i am thinking they lack confidence in themselves from what I am seeing.Cherry is a top defender and seems that he does more than his fair share in defence,( he’s not a massive bloke)but I wish he would back himself a little more and run with the ball.I notice that when walker backs himself he makes in roads. Something though ain’t quite right with them. I am thinking that cherry is finding it hard to defend at his current level(which really is good) at the same time cut them to pieces in attack.Sometimes I think we lack speed.We do a hell of a lot of work in defence but how long can we hold through the year. They must be tired and stressed.In attack at times we are lost and are looking for someone to give the ball too who ain’t prepared.
That's were Faniu was great last year. Everything comes from the hooker intially, and he was a weapon in attack last year and combined great with cherry. Cherry could play his natural game and found himself much better positioned on the park. Hopefully we get him back. Our hookers at current are still a work in progress.

From what I hear his charge is looking like being downgraded. In a football sense for this year it’s irrelevant as he wouldn’t have played a game this year with his shoulder anyway.
He is the link we need. I am looking forward to coming seasons with him Albert and Schuster on the park.

From what I hear his charge is looking like being downgraded. In a football sense for this year it’s irrelevant as he wouldn’t have played a game this year with his shoulder anyway.
He is the link we need. I am looking forward to coming seasons with him Albert and Schuster on the park.
Oh definitely, we have some great players coming through, as well as players like Parker, Suli Garrick etc only getting better. Future looks good

Levi is doing a pretty good job, but is a little one dimension. Faniu would come on with a tiring defence and run, dummy, take the ball to the line, break a tackle, off load and suck the defence in.
I think Levi is okay, id like to see more impact from Crocker or try someone else.

We are def a decent side.Penrith have def taken advantage of api.I still think Cherry defends above expectations.He does a lot of work.Just casting my mind back to when Foran was in our side and cant help but think Cherry was at top of his game.

Good point re: speed.

When Croker and Waddell came on we were far better. Only 2nd week back so pretty unfit still, but taking Jake off earlier (we used him far too much) and Levi to bring in some energy is a better approach while we get fitness back.

Really rated croker, had a poor kick but it was his energy and thought that counted. Waddell was awesome, but needs to not hold them down so much in the ruck

Same. Don't like Crocker as a hooker
Looks lost. Twice killed the play on the 5th last night by going himself. Maybe try Edwin ipape
Yep,that my point though Simon, there is more than 1 player in our side that looks lost.Thats the killer.Suli is hot one day and full of vitality and next day he is lost. As much as we are in the fight, it’s mostly due to desperation(which is understandable) but we need to be better in attack.We don’t seem sure of ourselves and that’s my point of posting this thread about Cherry backing himself.Sometimes it pays to go yourself but we need confidence to do it well.

When Croker and Waddell came on we were far better. Only 2nd week back so pretty unfit still, but taking Jake off earlier (we used him far too much) and Levi to bring in some energy is a better approach while we get fitness back.

Really rated croker, had a poor kick but it was his energy and thought that counted. Waddell was awesome, but needs to not hold them down so much in the ruck
Agree, it’s all about balance in our side in order to go next level.What one player lacks the other gives. Too much tackling for Cherry as he can’t be expected to do it all.Either one or the other unless opportunity presents itself.

Unfit? We are super fit side. How much extra D did we do last night, no 50-50 calls, lob sided possession and still came over the top of them. Just need to control possession better. Less errors and more repeat sets. Don't try and score off every set

I'm probably wrong but I thought croker and waddell were the main reason we got back late in the game
I can’t agree with Croker Harry. Maybe he felt he had to try extra hard to impress with his limited game time. I agree with Waddell. From memory, he only got 13 or 14 minutes on the field. Shouldve been on to replace Jake a lot earlier. Jake needs to get the fuuck out of the road when he’s tiring. Tries to play that link man position and gets caught out often. Reminds me of Gallen when he’d be doing it.

Don’t think you can have Levi and Croker in same side. One for sure but not both. Bench = impact
Edwin could provide that - or he may fail. But it would be a real point of difference if he worked out
Ps not sure of his eligibility
Also I wonder if the June 30 limit for development players has been put back with season delay ??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7