Cherry Evans and Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I keep on saying this but we do need a Blake Green style of 5/8 for DCE. He played his best footy when he could play his natural game and not worry about organizing the team around the field and doing most of the kicking.

Of course i agree but
We got green from the storm ......cheap , considering. They got him from the superleague .....cheap . But when they got him, he learnt his craft, got an upgrade to us, then got better with some leadership afforded to him at manly and his price went up again

The storm have had the big 3 and as a result couldnt afford green who they also wanted to keep.

When you have your eggs in a big 3 basket wether it smith, cronk and slater or turbo, jurbo and chez well, back up is slim

Not once have i heard cronk or the storm or anyone else complain when they lost there cheap backup and as a result cant compete because they dont have the tools. Just got on with it because they had a plan

Chez needs to find his own game . Its just a csae of economics

Don't believe that for a second, one thing he is not guilty of is lack of effort.

He shows great effort to defend but is awful at other things that require practice off field, and he has gone backwards in the number 7 basics every year for a while. He would of at least had a better year or 2 if he was playing for a contract.

He is as comfy as i reckon

He shows great effort to defend but is awful at other things that require practice off field, and he has gone backwards in the number 7 basics every year for a while. He would of at least had a better year or 2 if he was playing for a contract.

He is as comfy as i reckon
He is not a 7 but has been forced to wear the mantle.

He is a Manly champion and always does the best he can, but needs a 7 so he can be what he is.

A 6.

He is not a 7 but has been forced to wear the mantle.

He is a Manly champion and always does the best he can, but needs a 7 so he can be what he is.

A 6.

I may be old school but who plays 6 and 7 isnt the concern. Cherry wants to be second fiddle without all the responsability, but is getting paid the main man wage and there is a salary cap
We get one or the other
His contract, his issue really

Quite simple he could go to his manager and say, you know im not the man, sort my contract so i dont have so much expectation on my shoulders.

I want to be happy, not rich and pressured

I know many people who have decided the top job is not for them and even as employees renegotiated there role and remuneration .

Why couldnt he ?
ROI is just not there .

I may be old school but who plays 6 and 7 isnt the concern. Cherry wants to be second fiddle without all the responsability, but is getting paid the main man wage and there is a salary cap
We get one or the other
His contract, his issue really

Quite simple he could go to his manager and say, you know im not the man, sort my contract so i dont have so much expectation on my shoulders.

I want to be happy, not rich and pressured

I know many people who have decided the top job is not for them and even as employees renegotiated there role and remuneration .

Why couldnt he ?
ROI is just not there .

Interesting.

I guess I may be old school and the 7 runs the show and the 6 leads the attack...and it appears Des follows this mantra, but DCE is NOT a game manager and Walker isn't either.

Someone needs to be!

I'm good with the 6 being the big money guy if he can produce the goods and if DCE can't produce the goods at 6 he is not worth his money.

The best we have been since DCE has been here was when Foz or Green were in charge of game management and DCE was left to do what he does best.

Without a Green/ Foz type game manager beside him at 7 DCE can never live up to his pay grade.

Walker at 6 is not a solution. He is a centre, not a game manager.
We need a 7.

Interesting.

I guess I may be old school and the 7 runs the show and the 6 leads the attack...and it appears Des follows this mantra, but DCE is NOT a game manager and Walker isn't either.

Someone needs to be!

I'm good with the 6 being the big money guy if he can produce the goods and if DCE can't produce the goods at 6 he is not worth his money.

The best we have been since DCE has been here was when Foz or Green were in charge of game management and DCE was left to do what he does best.

Without a Green/ Foz type game manager beside him at 7 DCE can never live up to his pay grade.

Walker at 6 is not a solution. He is a centre, not a game manager.
We need a 7.

6 and 7 are like 3 and 4

Can rove, can inject either side but are generally on a side depending on there strengths, passing , fending etc
Cliffy did a lot a 6 while des and tooves were not overly creative at 7 , or possesed great kicking games. Its a balance depending on your squads skills.

Foran has baggage , has been injured a lot but as a pure footballer is miles ahead because he takes the line on. As does walker, as did green. Green could kick as wel

6 or 7 has to go to the line and play footy, it doesnt matter where we play cherry , he has to start pLaying like half, or be paid like he is not

This isn't a halves combination that will win a premeirship.
This is exactly right. They are both playing well, both doing good things every game and at times we look really sharp BUT as you say, it's not a premiership winning combination. Both would be fan favourites if they had a game managing 7 to partner them.

Sure that there were plenty of people who also thought that Manly may not be able to win the comp with an Orford and Jamie Lyon halves combo but obviously was not the case . Realize that everything is relative and the Orford and Lyon comparison has been referred to previously but again cannot see any definite reasoning that a combination of D C E and Walker would prove a general handicap in taking out the big one if Manly could progress that far . If there was a better alternative on offer or available now , of course it would be a different matter . Think that it is much better to encourage and support the present halves arrangement and on to hopefully bigger and better things .

We have all seen DCE play that game managing Steering, kicking role. It's not like he cant. When he plays the 7 role those around him play better.

The reality is DCE would prefer to run first and only worry about organising and kicking here and there. And turtle has been a bit selfish in the past doing what he wants when the team needed something different.

This year i get the impression DES is happy to have 4 halfbacks out there wearing different numbers.

The box of chocolates strategy could be a master stroke and put us infront of the game, but at the moment the players are have teething problems with it. Especially on the last, the one thing that never changes is at least 1 chief has to make clear whose in control and what's the play.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8