Charged player allowed to play

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What happened with Wighton, I haven't been keeping up to date?
He is back. He got a 10 game suspension last year (the Raiders gave him 6 weeks, the NRL came in over the top). From memory, he played up until the point that he pleaded guilty and then the suspension kicked in.

I think you are on the right track but I have a huge problem with players being suspended for being CHARGED. I think that idea displays a fundamental misunderstanding of our legal system and/or an attempt by the NRL to put itself above it, as well as total disregard for the welfare of the players.

Being charged with something horrific that you didn’t do is an ordeal that anyone would struggle to cope with. Having Todd take your livelihood away at the same time is something nobody should have to endure.

At least Gallop claimed Stewart’s suspension was for another reason (being drunk at the launch). Even he knew it wasn’t right to suspend Stewart for being charged, and he’s hardly the brightest light on the Christmas tree. And Stewart got 4 weeks, not 2 years.

If Stewart was suspended (or “no fault stood down”) that very likely would have spelled the end of his career when he still had so much to offer. And who knows the consequences on his life more generally. Who knows what the consequences would have been on his mental health - charged for something he didn’t do, bullied by the media and sold out by the game he loved and has forged a career in. If I put myself in his shoes I seriously don’t know if I could’ve handled all that.
I can see where you are coming from but something has to give. I understand that the legal system is 'innocent until proven guilty' but at some point you have to draw a line. Too many guys are putting themselves into a position to be taken advantage of.

What happened to snake was disgusting but is that because he was a manly boy and we are manly fans? would we have been so offended if it had have been a Parra player or a Storm star?

Fact is that Snake was found innocent of his charges but that doesn't take away that he was smashed at the season launch and in turn put himself in a position to be accused by those scum bags.

Looking at a case like Snakes how about the system penalize a player as I mentioned to the tune of 25% of salary but if they are found not guilty they pay the remaining 75% back to the player?

Anything has to be better than the ****show we have now....

I can see where you are coming from but something has to give. I understand that the legal system is 'innocent until proven guilty' but at some point you have to draw a line. Too many guys are putting themselves into a position to be taken advantage of.

What happened to snake was disgusting but is that because he was a manly boy and we are manly fans? would we have been so offended if it had have been a Parra player or a Storm star?

Fact is that Snake was found innocent of his charges but that doesn't take away that he was smashed at the season launch and in turn put himself in a position to be accused by those scum bags.

Looking at a case like Snakes how about the system penalize a player as I mentioned to the tune of 25% of salary but if they are found not guilty they pay the remaining 75% back to the player?

Anything has to be better than the ****show we have now....

The Court found no evidence Snake was drunk. Don’t believe everything you read in the DT, or everything Gallop says. The fact is the new rules will only encourage the scumbags like the father of Snake’s accuser to accuse others. Wait and see, I promise you it will happen.

As for us being offended because he’s a Manly player, the player with his career on the line here is de Belin, and I would be equally outraged if it turns out he is innocent - even though your “putting himself in the position” argument holds more water in this case. At the very least it does appear as though he cheated on his Mrs while she was at home pregnant with his baby. Maybe that is bringing the game into disrepute. But if he gets 2 years the punishment does not fit the crime (particularly if there is no actual crime!).

They should draw a line in the sand - absolutely. You do that by punishing the players who ar actually guilty, severely and with consistency. If you want to end the ****show the first thing we have to do is get rid of Greenberg and Beattie.

Sorry!
In order of ability to survive an attack by an NRL player:
1. Man
2. Woman
3. Child

Just the way it is.

Mate, there are some women out there who would leave the toughest of league players quaking in their boots.

Violence is violence be it against man, woman or child. Yet it would seem that the NRL is jumping on the stop violence against women bandwagon and while players have either been stood down (Walker, De Belin) or sacked altogether (Barba) for their part or alleged part in violence against woman, another player (Chee-Kam), is free to play despite being charged with assaulting a male cab driver.

Can anyone else see the double standards?

Greenturd's now infamous "consistency is overrated" comment shines bright in the night sky in this one.

Agree with @MadMarcus he wasn't smashed at all. He has a few drinks and caught a cab home, the police said he was polite and cooperative. The papers had to pay Snake a huge compensation for running that story that he was smashed and couldn't remember what happened.

This new rule invites its use as a means by which the unscrupulous can weaken playing squads and possible outcomes of games and the comp itself. Gambling brings trouble become of who it can attract. Take out a star player with a b—****e allegation of a very serious offence and under this genious rule he Is out for the season. It really is a dumb knee jerk reaction by incompetent fools. I actually find the whole response including the media appearances by B & G an embarrassment to the game.

Sorry!
In order of ability to survive an attack by an NRL player:
1. Man
2. Woman
3. Child

Just the way it is.

I understand the sentiment, which generally is the case. Ok what about a 90 year old man? Compared to Rhonda Rousey? Is the 90 year old man more likely to survive an attack? Or is Rhonda Rousey?

Then is a 17 year old 120kg kid more likely to survive an attack? Or a 40 year old man who is 50kgs, and as passive as?

I know this is being picky. Assault needs to be acknowledged regardless of sex/age etc.

And yes I do believe what you've written is the basic truth, but when we just write off assaults against Men as not being significant, it sets a very dangerous precedent.

Mate, there are some women out there who would leave the toughest of league players quaking in their boots.

Violence is violence be it against man, woman or child. Yet it would seem that the NRL is jumping on the stop violence against women bandwagon and while players have either been stood down (Walker, De Belin) or sacked altogether (Barba) for their part or alleged part in violence against woman, another player (Chee-Kam), is free to play despite being charged with assaulting a male cab driver.

Can anyone else see the double standards?

Greenturd's now infamous "consistency is overrated" comment shines bright in the night sky in this one.
As I’ve stated in an earlier post, I think any player charged with an act of violence should be stood down. It is unacceptable.
However, I’m getting sick to death of these statements isolating a few women who might be able to defend themselves against a violent man. Of course there will be some, just as Serena Williams could beat 99% of the world’s men in a tennis match.
To those who keep harping in about ‘some women’, do me a favour. For the next week, when you’re on a bus/train/plane, in a classroom/park/church, anywhere really, have a look around at the men and women and ask yourself how many women could win against acts of physical aggression by men in that same place.
Sorry, it’s such a side argument - all violence is completely unacceptable - but a ridiculous one.

Agree to disagree ,A man who hits a woman is the lowest of the lows.
A man who hits a woman is absolutely low - no disagreement, but so is a man who hits another man that isn’t in self defence. Look at Jack Wighton and what he did - went from bloke to bloke beating people up.

Greensprog should just focus on governing the game instead of acting as the sole discretionary adjudicator in pending proceedings. If the Nrl want to take a stance it should be a blanket rule or nothing. Let the judicial system attribute fault and punishment. Otherwise we are all going to be arguing who deserves what, what punishnent is fair etc.. Instead of focusing on what was once the greatest game in Australia.

Almost unbelievable. In the current climate of Toddy's 'no fault' rampage, the DT today are running a story about how Lodge's NY rampage saved him from himself and the crippling anxiety he suffers as a result of his actions. FMD! What about the crippling anxiety suffered by the victims?
This NRL and the media deciding which players to declare as bad for a game and on the other hand promote others as a reformed troubled person drives me beyond bonkers.:swear::swear::swear:
I seriously think fans need to revolt against Greenberg and Beattie. A full protest with banners and a march.

Almost unbelievable. In the current climate of Toddy's 'no fault' rampage, the DT today are running a story about how Lodge's NY rampage saved him from himself and the crippling anxiety he suffers as a result of his actions. FMD! What about the crippling anxiety suffered by the victims?
This NRL and the media deciding which players to declare as bad for a game and on the other hand promote others as a reformed troubled person drives me beyond bonkers.:swear::swear::swear:
I seriously think fans need to revolt against Greenberg and Beattie. A full protest with banners and a march.

Thanks Nicci ... I thought I was the only one that cringed at that article ...... Lodge has now qualified for victimhood status .... poor Lodge ...

Wasn’t even his first offence, how he pulled the wool over greenturd’s eyes is beyond me

For me, as a woman, I find anything assuming I'm not intelligent or able to take care of myself, patronising. But I could not now, nor at any point of my life, defend myself against the strength of the vast majority of men.

You summed that up pretty perfectly @Budgewoi Eagle

I would be ok in a self defence situation against a lot of men, but I’m not naive enough (cocky enough?) to think that I can overcome every physical advantage someone might hold over me. I’m a decent fighter, but on occasions I’ve even come up against girls who trump me with size/reach advantages that I can’t overcome.

I could probably take Ben Barba, but most NRL players are going to be too big and powerful, comparatively speaking, for me to win a physical altercation. That’s just reality.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8