Charged player allowed to play

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

The Who

Journey Man
Michael Chee-Kam has been allowed to play against us on Saturday night. Yet Chee-Kam is in the middle of a court case in which he is alleged to have assaulted a man. Unless I've missed the outcome then I believe the matter is still on-going.
So, is this a case of assaulting a male not being as serious as assaulting a female or a child?
Is this another example of Shoddy Greenturd's "fairness"?

So, is this a case of assaulting a male not being as serious as assaulting a female or a child?
Yes and yes. Would this be the case if he still played for Manly - I think not :shake: :swear:

I think you will find this happened before the no fault stance. That's probably their reasoning

Michael Chee-Kam has been allowed to play against us on Saturday night. Yet Chee-Kam is in the middle of a court case in which he is alleged to have assaulted a man. Unless I've missed the outcome then I believe the matter is still on-going.
Fairness ,what am i missing.I dont know about you ,but striking a female or a child is way worse.

Fairness ,what am i missing.I dont know about you ,but striking a female or a child is way worse.
Non-sanctioned violence is bad. Full stop.

The reason why violence against women and children is worse is because they are generally physically more vulnerable to a professional male NRL player. But that vulnerability disproportionality still can exist if a male is the victim. So, if I was at the NRL, I wouldn’t draw a distinction between violence against women and children and violence against males. I’d be equally as tough on both.

Yes but is pulling a woman's hair worse than beating up a taxi driver ?
Agree. And we've all seen/read about males killed by a punch.
What about if the male is a policeman? Crimes against Police are treated more seriously.
You see, when you have these arbitrary rules such as 'women and children offences are more serious, then you created an Animal Farm-type society and open up a legal minefield. I guess Shoddy is comfortable with subverting legalities.

Yes but is pulling a woman's hair worse than beating up a taxi driver ?
Hang on, I thought I read that he didn't pull her hair, his hand got caught in her hair as he went to grab her by the shoulder and because she was already off balance she stumbled. Just a misunderstanding clearly.

Anyway the Chee Kam one was similar, he was trying to kill a fly that was on the window of the car and attempted to swat it numerous times, only he didn't realise the drivers side window was down at the time. Another misunderstanding and the NRL have already looked into it

The NRL has been informed of the claims against Chee-Kam, who has made 54 top-grade appearances for the Tigers and Manly since his debut in 2014.

"The integrity unit is aware of the matter but as there are charges involved it wouldn't be appropriate to comment further," an NRL spokesman said.

Hang on, I thought I read that he didn't pull her hair, his hand got caught in her hair as he went to grab her by the shoulder and because she was already off balance she stumbled. Just a misunderstanding clearly.

Anyway the Chee Kam one was similar, he was trying to kill a fly that was on the window of the car and attempted to swat it numerous times, only he didn't realise the drivers side window was down at the time. Another misunderstanding and the NRL have already looked into it

The NRL has been informed of the claims against Chee-Kam, who has made 54 top-grade appearances for the Tigers and Manly since his debut in 2014.

"The integrity unit is aware of the matter but as there are charges involved it wouldn't be appropriate to comment further," an NRL spokesman said.

The appearances for Manly should have been enough to convict him

This is what pi**es people off.
Regardless of opinion on what's fair with this Walker stuff, is irrelevant.
The ONLY requirement I have is be consistent....the NRL are f**king this up ON and OFF the field and as much as I love my footy, THIS turns me off the game and has already lost many footy advocates that won't be back.
Draw your line in the sand - add cement and keep it consistent !!

This is what pi**es people off.
Regardless of opinion on what's fair with this Walker stuff, is irrelevant.
The ONLY requirement I have is be consistent....the NRL are f**king this up ON and OFF the field and as much as I love my footy, THIS turns me off the game and has already lost many footy advocates that won't be back.
Draw your line in the sand - add cement and keep it consistent !!

While many people on here agree with your sentiment, not only with the nrl, but life in general; Todd is on record saying that he values 'fair' over consistency. So I think you may be getting frustrated in the future.

Obviously the myriad of problems that stem from that little nugget of dictatorial wisdom start with that Todd himself decides on what is fair. Additionally, they probably have drawn a line in the sand but every high tide the line gets washed away and they simply draw a new one in a completely different position.

Tosspots.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10