• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Our team has been known as a one man team and last night it was evident once more

When they shut down Tommy your solid player Parker did not make a statement and neither did Harper as we only managed to score off two kicks by the pace of saab
Every time it went out to both centres there was not threat what so ever with out Toms output

Secondly the cap is not just about more money players it is about better value quality players
That’s the point. You need tradesmen in the team doing a job while the stars step up and do theirs. You are stubbornly ignorant on this broken record attacking Parker. He did his job and it was the stars that failed to step up along with the game strategy.

That’s the point. You need tradesmen in the team doing a job while the stars step up and do theirs. You are stubbornly ignorant on this broken record attacking Parker. He did his job and it was the stars that failed to step up along with the game strategy.
You are also stubbornly ignorant on this broken record defending substandard players
that are the reason we have become a one Man Tommy Team because when Tommy does not fire they do not score
We will agree to disagree

Keppie to start for Schuster
Croker back to 9 and Lawton bench
Suli for Harper.

The biggest change we need is to dominate the ruck, we are so poor in this area! Whenever we try we get penalised so we don't control it and teams get on a roll. Storm have mastered the technique of looking like they are tangled on the tackle which slows it down without drawing a penalty.
Whenever they have the ball our markers were taken out of play by Storm fighting and pushing us to the side or creeping forward to make us offside. They are simple tricks that Storm do so well, it only buys .5 of a second but it's enough to dominate the ruck! I'm not sure why we can't do it??? Are we a dumb side? Are we lazy? Or are we just too fatigued?

I don't see Des making any changes other than Croker in and Siro out, Lawton back to the bench.

The biggest change needs to be attitude. Our forwards need to be given the keys to the car and told to drive it right up the other team's collective clacker!

We need to come out of the blocks faster than a drugged-up Ben Johnson. I want fire! I want brimstone! I want to see some old style toughness setting the foundation for our new-age speed and flair.

The changes are more about mind and heart than personnel. It is too late for personnel changes.

Comedy Sketch GIF by NETFLIX

Last edited:
I have given Garrick more sh*t than anyone on ST but you could not possibly drop him off this game - he has been great, not good but great, since round 4...

I agree Sips should be in for Sirro and whilst I am tempted to want Suli in for his attack, his defence, or more his effort in defence, is a concern...

We were bad tonight but this team has shown that it is better than that - the Storm just pulled our pants down...
Don’t forget for and against has no relevance and it’s knockout and does matter if you go down by 1 or 40, won’t be a happy ending 🤣

I was disappointed with DESpicable's news conference. Not once did he admit he'd made errors with the game plan; it was all the players' faults. Not once did he admit he'd been outcoached by Bellache.
I know many posters on here seem to think DESpicable is God-like and incapable of making mistakes. But it has been criminal the way he's turned the attacking genius of The Shoe into a defensive dullard too scared to take a risk. We may as well have DeLuxe playing in his spot because all of The Shoe's brilliance has been sucked out of him in an attempt to stop his occasional errors.
If it wasn’t for our injuries early on in the year and given few of the fringe players a run we may have ended up holding hands with Broncos and Faders.

This is just forum talk because I know Des is nothing if not loyal and values steadiness. But if you were to make radical - "hail mary" let's try something changes (and I never coolly thought we would win it this year, of course I sometimes I got swept up by hope) this is what I would do. Our team falls somewhere in between able to sloppily dispose of the bottom 10 or so sides and struggling against the top 4 (I included the Chooks in that, they would be up there if not for losing a normal team's salary cap worth of talent this year but they are still a threat to us). I would put back in Croker if fit but have Paseka and Keppie start in the pack - both showed more punch than our starters and I think Marty is best running at tiring defence. I would play Schuster at five-eighth. He has done a well as a second-rower but it has taken it out of him and dulled his X-factor, which you need against the better sides. Foran has done a job for us but he is not the future. Centres I would have Walker and Suli - solid defence won't cut it now, we need more strike to unsettle the better sides and take the pressure off Tom. BTW I don't think either of them are that terrible defenders and sadly it's hard to defend Harper on that score after last night. He was owned and I suspect is playing busted (OK more busted than others) and seems done in. Bench would then be Tapua, Aloia, Lawton ( Croker is good to defend for the first 20-30 and then Lawton provides a bit more energy in the ruck - ala the days of Matt Ballin and LeStrange). Sirro or Sipley would be the other bench forward - I used to prefer Sipley but think his form has slipped and there is lack of lateral speed in defence. If Croker is not fit, than I guess Lawton has to start again and Cust as the utility. Cust is no world beater but he is a talented footballer, why Des doesn't like him I don't know, must be attitude.

Last edited:
Same again, will not beat Melb.
I would be happy to see Tafua over Garrick for remainder of the one game.
R U actually a Manly supporter? You seem to have extremist and inflammatory views and given most of your 60 odd posts seem a tad negative. Just wondering. If you are, that's great and maybe someone should give you a block of Cadbury chocolate so you can feel better. Think we all needed one on last nights performance.

Don’t forget for and against has no relevance and it’s knockout and does matter if you go down by 1 or 40, won’t be a happy ending 🤣
Garrick has the most tackle busts coming out of his own end of the field for the WHOLE NRL in 2021...
That has nothing to do with for and against...

But turning 4 into 6 each time does and that is also pretty important during finals time...

For mine for next week:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Brad Parker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dylan Walker
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Karl Lawton
Swap Aloai snd Marty snd I agree. And that side really should have little difficulty getting over the decimated Easts side.

I have given Garrick more sh*t than anyone on ST but you could not possibly drop him off this game - he has been great, not good but great, since round 4...

I agree Sips should be in for Sirro and whilst I am tempted to want Suli in for his attack, his defence, or more his effort in defence, is a concern...

We were bad tonight but this team has shown that it is better than that - the Storm just pulled our pants down...
Garrick’s been awful mate. Seriously what has he done all year?? Oh yeah that’s right he broke the individual point scoring record for a season.

Lunacy on here at times. Garrick’s been one of our best all year.

Tom wasn't allowed to play his usual dominating game, they were teaming up in tackles on him, something that hasn't happened to him for weeks now. Bellyache really had his robots programmed on this. We'll dust ourselves off and concentrate on beating the Roosters next week.
Agree but we still never gave ourselves to compete due to errors and poor completions. We complete our sets kick well and go with them, all of a sudden their forwards tire, it’s harder to get multiple players in tackles and they fatigue and make errors. We can break down individual performance as much as we like but ultimately we never asked a question of the Storm and made it so easy for them to execute their game plan. Hope we get to play them again.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8