Changes in 18 .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Instead of a new thread , the lurker reports that souths going hard for dylan walker. Apparently something about 3rd party payments not being payed . Anyone heard this crap ?

Instead of a new thread , the lurker reports that souths going hard for dylan walker. Apparently something about 3rd party payments not being payed . Anyone heard this crap ?

It was thrown around here a few days ago.

Dylan looks extremely happy to be here, plus...souths sacked him.

Why would he want to go back???

I call total b/s on this one.

Even if the third party payments was true.... we just need the Penns to grab a paper bag or two and give it to the sponsor to hand it to dylan. WINK

Oh....and the lurker sucks so hard he could get a golf ball through a garden hose.

edit: And the 'missing their mates' lines. fmd - these guys are stuff all away from each other. They train a bit and can hang out as much as they ****ing want to. Any player that misses someone from less than an hour away needs to harden the **** up. Really...the sacrifices one makes to become a professional athlete means that they can (and should) be able to be apart from their snuggle buddies for more than 5 mins per day. ****!

I don't believe it's the case.

Plus the club has nothing to do with tpa's so it's not manly's fault if they aren't paid.

Last edited:
No not balanced, that bench lacks versatility and in particular lacks cover for outside backs or hooker/halves!

DCE gets injured: Hastings to halfback, Sironen to 5/8 (played there plenty)
Hastings gets injured: Sironen to 5/8
Walker / Kelly have the ability to play 1-5.
Api is injured: Hastings to Hooker, Sironen to 5/8 (played there plenty)

X Best part about that, is in the event of no injury, you can rotate the forwards more and squeeze more out of them in shorter bursts.

Even if the third party payments was true.... we just need the Penns to grab a paper bag or two and give it to the sponsor to hand it to dylan. WINK

Oh....and the lurker sucks so hard he could get a golf ball through a garden hose.

edit: And the 'missing their mates' lines. fmd - these guys are stuff all away from each other. They train a bit and can hang out as much as they ****ing want to. Any player that misses someone from less than an hour away needs to harden the **** up. Really...the sacrifices one makes to become a professional athlete means that they can (and should) be able to be apart from their snuggle buddies for more than 5 mins per day. ****!

Oh and here I was thinking Melbourne was going to get Myles immediately according to Lurker over 3rd party payments.

I was at work and a mate told me . I think he done a hamstring getting to me . I said where did you hear the s..t from and he said the lurker, then he slowly limped away saying that p...k is full of it . It was hilarious. Seriously walker said he is happy at manly and loves barrett so enough said.

Manly must be playing well. The anti manly ****tard journos are sprouting like weeds in the spring time sun.

round-up time!

I really don't think we have much of the Stewart and Matai money left to spend next year. The two Turbos had huge upgrades to their contracts (900K & 800K respectively, if I remember correctly) and are now both effectively "marquee players". As such, you would think that would be around $900K of the Stewart and Matai money gone. This may be why we are looking at offloading a few players - just tinkering around the edges to fine tune the team.

When you get rid of Mateo who was on $600k it frees up a lot of cash for upgrades....
When you free up Luke Burgess who was on big coin (for a terrible player) you free up cash for an upgrade.
The Buhrer transaction with Uate would have been a cash positive one for Manly.
When Jamie Lyon retires, theres more money.
Not to mention the 11 other players on top of that. And the 15 the year before.

In comparison, we have bought mostly other club discards all of whom would have been on peanuts.

In my opinion we could easily handle the upgrades for this year and have the Snake and Matai Money ready to go for next year.

I agree 100 % - the two Turbos upgrades are never factored into the amateur mathematicians calculations for next year. I think basically we'll buy as much as we sell in this offseason as a result. The money is spent. I really doubt a major influx of a "star" or two like some seem to want to believe.

The point about picking up a few salary cap 'squeeze outs' is a valid one and is how the majority of player trades seem to evolve now anyway. Hopefully we have just enough cash to cash in if something bobs up.

Turbos contracts are already done through the money we got from Lyon, Mateo and the other 10 players we discarded last year. Who have we Bought? Green was only 300k. All the fringe players we bought would have been paid by half the discarded 10 players. The Turbos would have already been on 200k each. Tom got upgraded by a further 700k which would have been Killers contract. And Jake would have been upgraded from Mateos contract which is a further 500k. I don't think the Myles, Stewart and Matai has been even touched yet as a lot of our team are young guns and bargain buys, all paid for already. So we will have 600 to 800k from Snake, 600k from Matai and 500k from Myles. We have plenty of money to throw around.

Even if the turbo's updates cancel out Snake/Matai you have also got to factor in the '18 salary cap increase of at least $1mil. I can't imagine any major contracts have been back loaded, there has been no need.

I have been happy with Winterstein's contribution this year and think he will only get better ... but at 30 odd, I think he will be a casualty next year for a bigger name performer.

Plus the club has nothing to do with tpa's so it's not manly's fault if they aren't paid.

I agree why would walker want to go back to a team that did not want Him. And you think why would you go to a team that is not on the up but in re build stage.

Finally Tom and Jake , DCE , enough reasons to stay.

Walker won't be going anywhere, if he does though go it will be his loss.

I'd like to see us bolster our backrow and boost our backline depth, Winterstein and Sironen are solid and cheap but I'd like to see at least one of our backrowers be more dynamic and give Cherry another top line option on the edge.

Potentially start looking at a 5/8 replacement for Green as well since he probably only has another decent season with us (Hastings could already be earmarked), apart from that our roster is young and promising, a couple more quality signings and natural progression of our young guys and we should only be a season away from being a genuine heavyweights.

Last edited:
I think we will shake the crap out of it this year but your right , next year back in the heavyweight status.

I agree why would walker want to go back to a team that did not want Him. And you think why would you go to a team that is not on the up but in re build stage.

Finally Tom and Jake , DCE , enough reasons to stay.

Walker won't be going anywhere, if he does though go it will be his loss.
Unless they will pay massive overs . He has 2 years to run , but whats a contract these days jeez.

No paper bags mate they are all at bondi and Brisbane. your spot on its not manlys fault here if this is the case.

I really don't think we have much of the Stewart and Matai money left to spend next year. The two Turbos had huge upgrades to their contracts (900K & 800K respectively, if I remember correctly) and are now both effectively "marquee players". As such, you would think that would be around $900K of the Stewart and Matai money gone. This may be why we are looking at offloading a few players - just tinkering around the edges to fine tune the team.
Only if the Turbos contracts are staggered/ backended - as they are enforced now and included in our cap this year along with Matai and Stewart's salaries.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Jackson Hastings
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
09. Api Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Josh Jackson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Addin Fonua-Blake
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Brenton Lawrence

18. Blake Green
19. Frank Winterstein
20. Matthew Wright
21. Jonathan Wright
22. Jamil Hopoate
23. Joey Lussick
24. Shaun Lane
25. Jarrad Kennedy

Would be a pretty balanced, challenge for the premiership team imo.
What about paseka,Parker and bainbridge?

Parker will be gone but Bainbridge and Paseka may well be playing first grade.

That just about guarantees Parker a long and successful career at Manly.

PPS If I was Paseka and Bainbridge I would be very concerned.

How do you know Kelly has a back ended deal - I read he was on a 2yr contract for a total of $320k until 2019? That $320k replaces Lyons $1.4m if he was to stay on. Thats a cash positive situation for us to upgrade the Turbos. All the other players we've let go would be similar. And how is anyone sure the contracts of some players are back ended anyway? Does it get mentioned somewhere?

Anyway......Agree to disagree. I have my take on it, you have yours. All good.

I don't but you are using players who have retired whose cap has been used already and then exaggerating them immensely. 1.4M for Lyon in 2017 FMD!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8