Changes in 18 .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Interesting that people think we will pay next to nothing for picks ups like Sirro and Uate but wont be paying for players we have got rid of Buhrer, possibly others (not sure how SL works).

I would think that we get bargains in 17 but in 18 we will pick up most if not all of Siro and Uate's contracts. Kelly may well be in this situation as well.

Uate was on $500k with the knights. He won't ever earn that at Manly or ever again for that matter. We may well be paying half of that now with the knights but moving forwards he wouldn't be on more than $300k.
Sirro was playing reggies and wouldn't be on peanuts.
Kelly signed a 2 year deal (2018/19) for a total of $320k so is also on peanuts.

Compare that to Mateo, Burgess, Buhrer, Lyon and Manly are very cash positive for upgrades.

You will find that Burgess, Lyon and Mateo were on $0 in 2018 so not much cash positive there and we may well still be paying for Buhrer.

As you said, Siro was not on peanuts so we will be picking that up in full next year most likely as well.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Jackson Hastings
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
09. Api Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Josh Jackson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Addin Fonua-Blake
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Brenton Lawrence

18. Blake Green
19. Frank Winterstein
20. Matthew Wright
21. Jonathan Wright
22. Jamil Hopoate
23. Joey Lussick
24. Shaun Lane
25. Jarrad Kennedy

Would be a pretty balanced, challenge for the premiership team imo.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Jackson Hastings
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
09. Api Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Josh Jackson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Addin Fonua-Blake
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Brenton Lawrence

18. Blake Green
19. Frank Winterstein
20. Matthew Wright
21. Jonathan Wright
22. Jamil Hopoate
23. Joey Lussick
24. Shaun Lane
25. Jarrad Kennedy

Good side but Walker won't swap with Kelly. Can't split Walker and Uate.

For 2018. Completely disagree.

Reportedly, the club has openly shopped around Tafua. They have openly (reportedly) shopped around BJ and Myles. Sirronen and Winterstein are on a performance based contract (for different reasons but the same outcome). Green could be included in that as he is with us this year but if Hastings was to start out shining him - he'd play reserve grade.
Kelly isn't set in gold at centre and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a season at wing if Baz decides to buy a centre.

We have the benefit of having a great squad. We have a set 1,7,9. We also have youngsters with Walker, Jurbo, AFB etc. We have 1.4m in the bank. Things are looking up for us but I see a very different 2018 eagles compared to the 2017 squad.
We really don't know if we have 1.4 in the bank @Batty . I know you're referencing snake/matai cash but we may have backended contracts for Kapow, Walker and others. Cannot assume we have 1.4 to spend...

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Obviously lacking a quality backrower. I wouldn't mind Hess for the backrow and I did want Tupou but looks like he is staying put at the chooks. I reckon we should make a play for Cotric from the Raiders to replace Jorge on the wing.. ☺

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Jackson Hastings
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
09. Api Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Josh Jackson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Addin Fonua-Blake
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Brenton Lawrence

18. Blake Green
19. Frank Winterstein
20. Matthew Wright
21. Jonathan Wright
22. Jamil Hopoate
23. Joey Lussick
24. Shaun Lane
25. Jarrad Kennedy

No not balanced, that bench lacks versatility and in particular lacks cover for outside backs or hooker/halves!

:)

Of course they will be on nothing next year....

You will find that those that replace them won't be on the equivalent of their earnings. This creates a cash positive situation. This extra coin goes to upgrades.

The Turbos replaced them $ wise for starters amongst others, I think you will find that their close to 1M each will not create a positive cash situation relative to their 2016 cpntracts, upgrades/backending around Walker, Taupau, Kelly, AFB will also play a factor in chewing up cap space. Having to cough up more for Uate, Siro, Winterstein another bit of the cap.

Whilst I think we should have some room I don't think it is a black and white 1.4M as you put it, not by a long way

Not sure how tom wright is progressing
From the very few glimpses I've seen - slowly.
I'd actually like to see us keep the same squad and keep building the teamwork and the individual players' capabilities, and recruit from the younger players we have coming through.
Won't happen of course, new signings each year are almost mandatory.
Winterstein may keep improving although he's a bit long in the tooth. Wish we'd got him into our systems as a youngster.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Jackson Hastings
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
09. Api Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Josh Jackson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Addin Fonua-Blake
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Brenton Lawrence

18. Blake Green
19. Frank Winterstein
20. Matthew Wright
21. Jonathan Wright
22. Jamil Hopoate
23. Joey Lussick
24. Shaun Lane
25. Jarrad Kennedy

What happen to Brown? He's got a contract for next year doesn't he?

Not at all. It is his first 10 games with us so hopefully he finds consistency the more they play together. We get to see glimpses of true football talent from Sironen - just needs it more consistently.

If not, throw CHN in there!
Fair enough, call me silly but who the hell is CHN . Sounds like a tv channel.

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2017/

Alex Glenn (Broncs) - Great player, very underrated and can't get many minutes in the Qld, I mean Broncos pack.
Jordan Kahu (Broncs) - Another guy who I believe is underrated and CAN KICK.
Sam Take-it-easy (Sharks) - Solid fifth prop option behind Kapow, Darcy, AFB, Lawrence and Giant Dwarf(if he goes around again). One year deal only.
Peni Terepo (Eels) - Surely they have to release someone after signing a $billion worth of players? Snap this guy up he is great.
Nelson Asofa-S (Storm) - No chance in signing him but would be unreal in our pack. Will be highly sought after signing.
Pauli Pauli (Knights) - Big unit with all skills. Needs a quality coach and playing group and could be something special. Benedict Arnold and Nathan Brown have not been it for him thus far.
Jack Stockwell (Knights) - Solid player who has been fkd around by Dragons and Knights. Has it all and with guidance could be a very solid first grader.
Johnny Tuivavasa-Sheck (Roosters) - Wodger's brother, good potential. 21 years young and his whole life ahead of him.

Fair enough, call me silly but who the hell is CHN . Sounds like a tv channel.

Corey Harawira-Naera

From the panthers.

You know...that took me about 15 minutes to find and made me unreasonably angry!!!!!!! Grrr *hulk emoticon*

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12