CEO Gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
"alleged corporate governance issues"
What a flaming disaster. Salary cap again??
Or whatever it is, could be a shocker for the club. Hopefully he's mates with the Chief Magistrate or something and can get some strings pulled (poor joke sorry)
Could be other things rather than the salary cap. As long as it's not in Storm proportions..lol, nothing could ever match these grifters.

Who knows. Penn quoted above saying he's limited in what he can say, it's a legal matter. Which implies what? A police investigation??
Don't like speculating so hopefully the story breaks quickly.

Corporate governance and a legal matter, comments released in the media so far.

Not to question the integrity of the former CEO, these comments that are released so far are where it is going.

Maybe Humphreys overruled Penn re naming of the Bob Fulton Stand or the Centre of Excellence - or is Penn's name displayed somewhere on that building complex? :)

The only thing that gets rolled out more often than new Manly CEOs are artists impressions of an updated Brookie.

Just give us some long term stability ffs.

And keep Penn well and truly out of everything.

I hope his son stays at Manly. I was talking to one of his team mates in the lower grades and they all have huge wraps on him. “Is very quite and humble but an absolute gun” where the words used.

The Sea Eagles have informed the NRL of the development on Friday.

If the NRL have been informed it sounds serious, I can't see why they would need to be told if someone is leaving and we are looking for a replacement.
Hopefully the salary cap/third party deals haven't been rorted or anything else that may affect the club.

Something like a DUI or failed drug test, being drunk at a function or chasing the secretary while still bad wouldn't have this course of action taken.

he is a human first, manly ceo later so it could be anything we could screw up

moving forward the penns never really seemed to get along with anyone, and finding him was arduous and embarrassing . there are plenty of key negotiations going on, with the penns rumoured to not want des in full command id assume we are in for a ride. player managers will remember the rabble we were with trepidation id assume also

not good

From the SMH. A somewhat different take from the Bellylaugh.

Edit: If indeed he is finished, this could have implications re: his son and any future FG career at Manly.

Manly boss Humphreys to front board over corporate governance issues
Adrian Proszenko

By Adrian Proszenko

April 1, 2022 — 12.39pm

Manly chief executive Stephen Humphreys will front the Sea Eagles board next week over alleged corporate governance issues.

The Sea Eagles have informed the NRL of the development on Friday.
Stephen Humphreys and Tom Trbojevic.

Stephen Humphreys and Tom Trbojevic.CREDIT:GETTY

Humphreys is currently unwell after recently contracting COVID-19, while several Sea Eagles directors are also isolating after testing positive.

Humphreys - the son of former NSWRL boss Kevin - took charge of the club three years ago. The Herald has attempted to reach him for comment.
Advertisement

“I can’t make any public comment at this time due to the private nature of this matter,” said Manly chairman Scott Penn.

“We’ll release something more in due course.”
The Sea Eagles will face the Raiders at Mudgee on Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:
The Board of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles has accepted the resignation of Chief Executive Officer Stephen Humphreys, effective immediately.

The resignation comes after discussions with the Board.

Sea Eagles Director and part owner Gary Wolman has been appointed Interim CEO while recruitment for a permanent CEO is underway.

We quietly hired a heap of additional staff too.
That could have coincided with the NRL increasing the grant to allow clubs to spend 1.8mil on operations. Not trying to poo poo Humphries as he did an ok job, just adding a few facts to the debate.

This is bad news I can see his kid (Jamie) leaving now. I also hope this doesn't derail the "mooted" Brookie upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10