CEO Gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cc eagle

Bencher
Hadley just announced CEO Humphreys has gone, a legal matter apparently, info from Buzz, or is it 1st April comment

Manly Sea Eagles boss Stephen Humphreys has mysteriously stepped down from his chief executive role at the club.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Sea Eagles board met on Thursday night over an issue that has led to his departure.

Manly chairman Scott Penn has informed the NRL that Humphreys is leaving.

The Daily Telegraph spoke briefly to Penn on Friday, who is on his way back to Sydney from Tasmania.

“I’m limited to what I can say,” Penn said.

“It’s a legal issue so I can’t comment further. We’ll meet next week to work through it.”

Persuaded or forced Penn to open the purse strings and fund the club at a professional level ..

Improved media and ran what appeared to be a well functioning and United club without infighting or drama.

Great and very valuable point mate, as always. We most certainly appear (at least my perception) is that there was no over arching Scott Penn manhandling everything (making us look unprofessional). We quietly hired a heap of additional staff too.

Is Jason King available?

Wouldn't be REMOTELY acceptable. CEO is not a job for the boys.

We want someone with many and abundant corporate ties. Someone who can manage various relationships. Someone who is a master at hiring appropriate staff (i.e. not the Crushers right now). Someone who is a master salesman. Someone who has connections in government. Someone with the ability to make the very tough decisions. Etc etc etc.

Jason King is so far off most of that, it would be diabolical. An amazing guy. An amazing ex Eagle. Very smart. But not the skillset we need.

Manly boss Humphreys to front board over corporate governance issues

By Adrian Proszenko

April 1, 2022 — 12.39pm

Manly chief executive Stephen Humphreys will front the Sea Eagles board next week over alleged corporate governance issues.

The Sea Eagles have informed the NRL of the development on Friday.

Humphreys is currently unwell after recently contracting COVID-19, while several Sea Eagles directors are also isolating after testing positive.

Humphreys - the son of former NSWRL boss Kevin - took charge of the club three years ago. The Herald has attempted to reach him for comment.

“I can’t make any public comment at this time due to the private nature of this matter,” said Manly chairman Scott Penn.

“We’ll release something more in due course.”

The Sea Eagles will face the Raiders at Mudgee on Saturday afternoon.

Wouldn't be REMOTELY acceptable. CEO is not a job for the boys.

We want someone with many and abundant corporate ties. Someone who can manage various relationships. Someone who is a master at hiring appropriate staff (i.e. not the Crushers right now). Someone who is a master salesman. Someone who has connections in government. Someone with the ability to make the very tough decisions. Etc etc etc.

Jason King is so far off most of that, it would be diabolical. An amazing guy. An amazing ex Eagle. Very smart. But not the skillset we need.
There is an ex player who foots the bill Tony Mestrov he has done outstanding things running the nsw greyhounds

"alleged corporate governance issues"
What a flaming disaster. Salary cap again??
Or whatever it is, could be a shocker for the club. Hopefully he's mates with the Chief Magistrate or something and can get some strings pulled (poor joke sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8