Centre of Excellence - you can help

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Essentially gone.

A positive out look for all of us bald bastards

37_300x300_Front_Color-NA.jpg

Sea Eagles CEO Stephen Humphreys has revealed some good news on the long-awaited Lottoland upgrade in an exclusive interview.
Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
Subscriber only
|
December 10, 2019 2:25pm

New Sea Eagles CEO Stephen Humphreys has revealed the long-awaited undercover 3500 seat grandstand and state of the art Centre of Excellence at Lottoland are set to be completed towards the end of 2021.

He delivered the good news to fans in an extensive interview with the Manly Daily after one month in the job. .

“We have received some very generous funding from the State Government and Federal Government to build a new grandstand on the northern (scoreboard) end and will also house the club’s centre of excellence,” Humphreys said

“I know that has been talked about for a long time but it is actually getting close to reality.

“We have got the funding, we have lodged the DA and we are working through that approval process for what we want to do.”

Humphreys was very hopeful of breaking the soil in the middle of next year and if that happens it would be a 12-18 month job.

The
“That is really exciting, that is a significant investment, it will improve the convenience and comfort for people coming to the ground and also reinforce our home- both our (NRL) team and our administrative team will be based there,” he said.

“All going well the vision is that at some point towards the end of 2021 we would be in that complex including the new stand.”

The club would still maintain a satellite operation in their current headquarters at the Sydney Academy of Sport.

No home games would be moved from Lottoland during the construction but there may be restricted access to that area and the scoreboard would be relocated.

The new grandstand is seen as the first stage in the long overdue transformation of the run down facility.

“Beyond that we do want to create a very modern first class facility at Lottoland and we are very buoyed by the comments from (ARL Commission Chairman) Peter V’landys at his first press conference when he talked about his belief in suburban venues and the need to upgrade those and make sure they become a permanent feature of rugby league at the highest level,” Humphreys said.

“And it was even better to hear that the No. 1 on his priority list was Lottoland.

“I have already a follow up conversation with Peter and he is very committed to that and is lending his support so I look forward to working with him and Todd (Greenberg, NRL CEO) on that possibility through the course of next year.’

The report recommended that the proposed Centre of Excellence and grandstand site can be made suitable for the proposed development provided that the following is implemented:

• The data gaps are addressed;
• A Remedial Action Plan (RAP) and Asbestos Management Plan (AMP) are prepared;
• A Validation Report is prepared on completion of the remediation works; and
• In the event capping and containment method of remediation is adopted that long term Environmental Management Plan be prepared for the site. Recommendation APPROVAL -subject to conditions

Find an Application

Click on Documents to read the Environmental Report

Latest Artist's impression
image.ashx
To top of the exciting news about our Centre of Excellence

We also have an Artist's Impression on what the NRL club Membership ladder can look like

If all Manly fans do the right thing by their club and support it proudly through club membership

Latest Artist's Impression
NRL CLUB MEMBERSHIP TABLE

Manly Seagles .........38000 club members
Broncos ....................34795
Rabbits ......................29653
Eels ............................25600
Storm .........................25200
Cow boys ...................21020
and the rest .......

WE CAN DO IT !!!

download.jpg

Rumour the Coe has been put on hold as Our ceo talks with Vlandys about a New Brookvale.
Just a FB rumour from a few people.
I highly doubt that the COE is part of an integrated design - just one part of a full development. DA has been submitted, funding is there and there will be no delays in my opinion

So this is what 50 million pounds gets you in the way of a training facility. What do you think? The seaeagles would be awesome with this.

Objections by Parks and Reserves :eek:
Jan 7th under DOCUMENTS

Objections by Landscapes Jan 2nd

Find an Application

The proposed replanting of some trees within the site and adjoining parkland is not considered suitable to compensate for the loss of the trees proposed and the locations indicated bear no resemblance to the existing formal avenue planting that would be removed. The proposed locations, particularly those in the narrow area between the ramp structure on the eastern side, are not likely to enable growth to maturity. At this stage, the proposal is not supported with regard to Landscape issues.
It is considered that in term of park assets, relocation of such a proposal to the eastern hill limits any impact to recreational use of Brookvale Park, with minimal impact to public passive recreational land. The eastern hill is unlikely to result in tree loss and currently exists with limited public passive recreation value, with the portion of land between the eastern embankment and Pine Avenue offering pedestrian access through this portion, without any other existing recreational value. The proposal is therefore unsupported.
Note: Should you have any concerns with the referral comments above, please discuss these with the Responsible Officer.

Last edited:
No wonder we're in a holding pattern.
Imagine dealing with Council - you can put it on the hill as it's not used for much and no tree loss.

Are they F#$king serious?

Um, then where will all the people sit when they want to watch your major tenant play football?

I don’t think that objection represents a showstopper. Not uncommon in applications like this for one group within the approving body to throw in their two bob’s worth, opposing the proposal based on their own remit.

I blame the wheel, he said if we emailed...he promised it'd pass!!!!!! (kidding)

Anyway, sharpen those pencils and get some more trees planted. Tah Dah!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6