Can we beat Storm?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fonzarelli

Reserve Grader
Storm clearly the best and most consistent team in the comp, even with Papenhuyzen out they are totally in control of matches. Correct me if im wrong but they have won over 10 games by 50 this season already. Watching them play is actually enjoyable as they are a well drilled ruthless unit and actually have likeable players now (hynes hughes olam cheese etc) i don't see any team beating them this season except for Manly! Penrith even with cleary in my opinion cant beat them, i mean sure its possible but without a superstar FB they will fall short. Here is where we come in, best player in the world right now lighting the game up in all arena's. Big mobile forward pack getting over opposition packs week in week out. 2 electrifying wingers (Garrick arguably best winger in the comp now) saab fastest player. Our halves DCE and Foran are one of the best halves pairings in the game. Foran has really turned the clock back hasn't he, he runs hard plays hard and is heavily involved in that left side attack. DCE after origin had a great game but it was the bulldogs and he needs to show us that form for the next few weeks. Good to see him forming a good combination with Saaby over there. Very Melbourne esq play kicking for Saab like storm do for the fox. Our 2nd row is big mean and mobile and i think with Schuster is one of the most formidable in the comp.

Looking at the players id say storm have it over us...

Turbo > Papenhuyzen/hynes
Garrick > JAC
Olam > Harper
Smith > Parker (in attack anyway)
Saab > Gennings
Munster > Foran
Hughes > DCE
Bromich > Paseka
B.Smith > Croker
Marty > Welch
Kafusi > Schuster
Bromich > Olakau'atu
Jake > Finucane

Hynes > Walker
Keppie > Kamakamica
NAS > Sipley
Grant > burbo

But..... the way we play, so fast attacking from everywhere on the park and with our boys hitting good form i think we can get them. Those comparisons are based off form this year and experience in the big dance. They have a killer bench no doubt, all those players could easily start at other clubs. Easily! But! We have a killer instinct Des has instilled in us! We have that desire to win and the boys camaraderie is starting to remind me of the 08 and 2011 teams. Everyone is on the same pages and Des is doing a great job. Coach of the year for mine!

So bottom line is... yes we can!

Storm clearly the best and most consistent team in the comp, even with Papenhuyzen out they are totally in control of matches. Correct me if im wrong but they have won over 10 games by 50 this season already. Watching them play is actually enjoyable as they are a well drilled ruthless unit and actually have likeable players now (hynes hughes olam cheese etc) i don't see any team beating them this season except for Manly! Penrith even with cleary in my opinion cant beat them, i mean sure its possible but without a superstar FB they will fall short. Here is where we come in, best player in the world right now lighting the game up in all arena's. Big mobile forward pack getting over opposition packs week in week out. 2 electrifying wingers (Garrick arguably best winger in the comp now) saab fastest player. Our halves DCE and Foran are one of the best halves pairings in the game. Foran has really turned the clock back hasn't he, he runs hard plays hard and is heavily involved in that left side attack. DCE after origin had a great game but it was the bulldogs and he needs to show us that form for the next few weeks. Good to see him forming a good combination with Saaby over there. Very Melbourne esq play kicking for Saab like storm do for the fox. Our 2nd row is big mean and mobile and i think with Schuster is one of the most formidable in the comp.

Looking at the players id say storm have it over us...

Turbo > Papenhuyzen/hynes
Garrick > JAC
Olam > Harper
Smith > Parker (in attack anyway)
Saab > Gennings
Munster > Foran
Hughes > DCE
Bromich > Paseka
B.Smith > Croker
Marty > Welch
Kafusi > Schuster
Bromich > Olakau'atu
Jake > Finucane

Hynes > Walker
Keppie > Kamakamica
NAS > Sipley
Grant > burbo

But..... the way we play, so fast attacking from everywhere on the park and with our boys hitting good form i think we can get them. Those comparisons are based off form this year and experience in the big dance. They have a killer bench no doubt, all those players could easily start at other clubs. Easily! But! We have a killer instinct Des has instilled in us! We have that desire to win and the boys camaraderie is starting to remind me of the 08 and 2011 teams. Everyone is on the same pages and Des is doing a great job. Coach of the year for mine!

So bottom line is... yes we can!
10 games by 40+

My biggest worry is that we are going go hardcore against the storm and end up with injuries and suspensions.
Kinda like the Parra game but even more intense.

Thing with the storm is they really havent been tested this year other than the slime game where they lost.

I have no doubt if we in the current form turn up and work the middle on a strong Hasler prepared game plan we can win. Just needs all the boys to buy inro the plan on the day and execute thire roles as needed.

I could honestly see us doing a job on them like we did to the apprently best in comp Parramatta pack (what a load of horse****) and burning them somehwere in the 30 - 10 mark.

I worry for some finals bound teams when they actually play a good team,how they’ll go,Manly being a prime example.By the time they play the Storm,they could be caught short because they’ve beaten up on some absolutely rubbish opposition

I worry for some finals bound teams when they actually play a good team,how they’ll go,Manly being a prime example.By the time they play the Storm,they could be caught short because they’ve beaten up on some absolutely rubbish opposition
Last 3 teams we play are raiders dogs and cowboys, i see what you're saying. Hopefully we can crack the top 4, either way im confident Des will have them primed and ready.

They are beatable but we need to out grind them. They won't allow points the way some of our recent opponents have. Hopefully we have Aloiai back by the time this question is answered.
Forgot we have Aloiai coming back, not sure where he fits in the squad now. Great headache for Dessy

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4