Can we beat Storm?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I remember 2019, we beat Melbourne in Melbourne by a field goal in golden point. I thought we were the real deal. A month later, the Storm put the cleaners through us at Brookie and we limped into the finals with injuries galore.

they are just an incredible machine and you might jag a win against them if they’re having an off night but overcoming the mental toughness within their organisation is a battle I don’t think we are ready for just yet.

Agreed Snake, though I think at this time Manly is the only team I can see having success against this machine like side.

Agreed Snake, though I think at this time Manly is the only team I can see having success against this machine like side.
100% , they cannot afford to double D Tom or they will be paying for it elsewhere on the field .
Their machine like side against our unpredictability on Sat .night should be a great spectacle .
Manly by 1-12 .

I'd rather lose this match than pick up injuries to key players. But if we play to our best and all our guys stay injury free we can take this. In fact I don't think there's any other side in the comp that has as much chance as we do of beating them.

The Panthers have their measure when they are at full strength but injuries have cruelled their chances. Souths are good enough when they are on but they have been so inconsistent this year. Roosters and Eels are done IMO.

I'd rather lose this match than pick up injuries to key players. But if we play to our best and all our guys stay injury free we can take this. In fact I don't think there's any other side in the comp that has as much chance as we do of beating them.

The Panthers have their measure when they are at full strength but injuries have cruelled their chances. Souths are good enough when they are on but they have been so inconsistent this year. Roosters and Eels are done IMO.
A loss wont be the end of the world for us, just puts more intel into our next clash with them. Des will have a detailed plan on how to best attack their weak spots. This is the 10yr anniversary year of the battle of Brookie and like we did in 2008 we lost at Brookie but then went on to beat them in the GF. Would like us this time around to beat them in Bris, and then in the GF, how good would that be !!

Yep I've had enough of reading the admiration posts for that cheating scum. Fuk 'em. I've had a gutful of watching that scumsh*t club continue to distort rules, cheat, lie and pervert everything that has made this game great for Martina's win at all cost philosophy. I hope we wipe the fuking floor with these cheating pack of c**ts and let all their sh*t sucking supporters choke on it.

A loss wont be the end of the world for us, just puts more intel into our next clash with them. Des will have a detailed plan on how to best attack their weak spots. This is the 10yr anniversary year of the battle of Brookie and like we did in 2008 we lost at Brookie but then went on to beat them in the GF. Would like us this time around to beat them in Bris, and then in the GF, how good would that be !!
But we did beat them in the Battle of Brookie in 2011 and went on to win the comp.

Excited and nervous for Saturday night. Can see scenarios that lead to a big win, a little win, a little loss or a big loss.

I'd be happy with anything but a big loss, as long as we don't beat ourselves with errors and we make Melbourne earn their field position and points.

Win or lose it will be a great test for us and invaluable experience for the younger blokes. I think they will target Foran parker and Schuster. They have lots of pace to burn and Parker and Foran arent the fastest as we witnessed last week with the sharks fullback gliding past them twice. Storm will be looking to expose that flaw

Win or lose it will be a great test for us and invaluable experience for the younger blokes. I think they will target Foran parker and Schuster. They have lots of pace to burn and Parker and Foran arent the fastest as we witnessed last week with the sharks fullback gliding past them twice. Storm will be looking to expose that flaw
The storm are a very methodical team and execute play at high speed
and slow is not the go in order to beat them .

The storms biggest hope of winning is
to Tame Turbo the most influential player in the game

Tommy Turbo Thrills as Speed Kills
and the faster he goes
the bigger the mediocre mess he leaves behind

15744042-turbo-speed-graffiti.jpg

I wonder whether they will bring back the biff in this game?

If Keppie Kaufusi Kamikamica and Asofa-Solomona were playing I'd bet on the biff being brought back but as the squads stand the best we can hope for is handbags at 40 paces.
I wish those 3 were playing tbh just as a gauge as they are big metre makers for them.

But then again the other top 4 sides got good wins against us without our top team so we are due some luck.

Also if anyone else wants to post some admiration drivel for that wretched cesspit then just remember this. If they happen to be watching Foxsports today with the old Manly v scum games the 1999 game where that putrid News Ltd backed Frankenstein of a club were playing us while we were heading for the gallows or trapped into that soulless marriage to the Hindenburg Bears.

If we can’t beat Newcastle or Canberra… I am not sure how we will beat the storm!

just sayin’ but still hopin’
Agree. Also, If we can't flog the Sharkies with their 3 best players out, Melbourne is a bridge too far. Also hope I'm dead wrong, I but doubt it. Anyway you play the best either way you learn. It's all part of the journey. Good luck boys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8