Can we beat Storm?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Has anyone confirmed Hughes hamstring strain or injury? He would be a massive out. Paseka will be out but Aloiai will return. Cant wait!

We play such enthralling, fast, coast-to-coast footy. We are probably the most exciting side to watch in attack. We have threats on either side of the park, big boppers that have an offload in them in the middle. We have so much strike and creativity to work with in attack. I'm confident in saying our attack can trouble Melbourne. But with anything less than 85% completion rate and with FIFTEEN ERRORS, we are going to get absolutely chewed apart by Storms. Cannot afford to give them easy ball like that and not ice our attacking raids. We know how to move the ball like no other team and roll through, but we just aren't clinical enough and are way too error riddled. And defence, way too soft. Wayyyyyyyyyy too soft.

This is the thing that makes me slightly confident for Saturday. We haven't been able to play a gritty top of the table clash since that Parra game. Which was our best win this year. We knew the assignment, flawlessly executed our tactics and ripped those bums apart. Since then, I feel like we've been in a lot of games where we just blow out teams and score points with ease, and coz of that this complacency creeps into our game and we make simple errors and let in soft tries. We use them as if they are training runs, honestly. We haven't put in a full 80 minute performance since the Doggies pumping. If we come in as prepared as the Parra game, ready to play 80, and make Melbourne play OUR gritty game, we can trouble them. I'm sure of that. It's all down to Des, he's gotta get us ready and focused like he was for that Parra game. Don't lose hope Manly fans, Saturday we can shock the league.

Last couple of weeks we've tended to play down to our opponents' level, so in amongst some brilliant attacking sets has been some bog-ordinary defence - pretty much on par with our defensive "efforts" last year, only for shorter periods of time. Let's hope we can play up to the Storm. The key will be hanging onto the ball. If we can do that, we'll get a roll on, and if we can do that, we'll be hard to stop.

I think numbers say Melbourne is due for a loss before the finals. They are shooting for 17 straight. Maybe that will work in our favour. Maybe……

We need to play the whole 80 minutes unlike last night where we fell of tackles towards the end.I would be attacking them out wide they’re good defending through the middle.Keep in the grind & we’re a big chance.

Can't switch off like we do against Melbourne. They will put 20 on you in minutes....just like we have the ability to. Someone needs to get in Munsters face and upset him and then tackle our hearts out up the middle.....They have some big fast men but are due for a loss. Manly 1-12

Cant wait really, they have the D we have the attack, their D slides so well and their middle always comes with them and forms a wall, we won’t find spaces in their D like we can in other sides, but we have enough ball players, second phase, skill and speed to cause them trouble, throw in the kicking game.
I‘m thinking there is a lot of mind games going on at the moment, Graig won’t know what’s coming or how to work it over, storm style and I think the way the storm approach games normally will be a little unsettled at the unknown, they know we are coming for their tittle, lets hope this effects their pre game mentality and game management.
And we just focus on playing footy and believe that we can get them, turn up and get them, sometimes it’s just a gut feeling!

We conceded points with 13 on 12? that's a concern.
Game was over, side was reshuffled and I don’t think it will be how we go about business next week, but yes it’s annoying because it’s moments like that in a match where you would like and expect us to take that opportunity and smoke them, not drop off and concede points.

Tom our best attacker off and Jake [ too i think ] undoubtedly our best defender during that latter stage so makes a difference and a bit of a disrupted line up . Still, won't be any let up in the competitive matches to come so can 't really afford any mayor lapses at any stage of a game irrespective of who is on the field .

Game was over, side was reshuffled and I don’t think it will be how we go about business next week, but yes it’s annoying because it’s moments like that in a match where you would like and expect us to take that opportunity and smoke them, not drop off and concede points.
Melbourne don't do this sort of thing though; regardless of who is on the field.

hey guys, thanks for the ad!!!!

my answer to the question is of corse! with a little bit of heart anything is possibe, even when turbo tom is plaing. goooooooooo the eagles. woo hoo

Melbourne don't do this sort of thing though; regardless of who is on the field.
Agreed and that’s why it’s disappointing to see it happen with us, we are in a battle for 4th and it may well come down to F/A and that type of lapse last night may well end up the the difference.

I think numbers say Melbourne is due for a loss before the finals. They are shooting for 17 straight. Maybe that will work in our favour. Maybe……

If we don’t win, which we can, then I’ll be happy if the drizzle to win for their unbeaten run to continue and then lose in the finals, preferably in the GF against us; say 60 nil.;)

We conceded points with 13 on 12? that's a concern.
Sometimes teams with less players attack better as they are forced to play more simple and direct knowing they don't have the numbers to create an overlap for the most part. Then what happens is they surprise themselves with a little more direct penetration while the opposition slackens off and before you know it you create an overlap by getting the fundamentals right.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8