Can Manly stop the Hat trick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The Relentless on and off the field Powerhouse dual Premiership winning Panthers are on a roll to make it three Premiership wins in a row.

They may have lost a couple of players but even though they have emerging quality players coming through the ranks
It still has not stop their ruthless approach to winning another comp by outsourcing promising players like promising Hosking and Garner .

Can Manly stop the Predicted triple premiership winning 2023 Panthers team ?
Edwars
To'o
Tago
Chrichton
May
Luai
Cleary
JFH
Kenny
Leota
Martin
Garner
Yeo

If Penrith play like they did in the GF, then no team can beat them. That was close to State of Origin intensity and standard.

South's were really the only hope to beat them his year.

I don't see much changing next year. Roosters may be in the conversation but hard to see any other team challenging when it counts.

The Manly of 2022 don't deserve to be on the same field.

If Penrith play like they did in the GF, then no team can beat them. That was close to State of Origin intensity and standard.

South's were really the only hope to beat them his year.

I don't see much changing next year. Roosters may be in the conversation but hard to see any other team challenging when it counts.

The Manly of 2022 don't deserve to be on the same field.
There is no ifs and buts about Penrith being able to play like they did in their past two premiership winning seasons as they have kept most of their winning squad and also have emerging talent to complement them

NRL is war and Penrith have the most dynamic artillery to win another war

Rebuilding our artillery is vital if we are going to be competitive in NRL 2023 war

Looking forward to our club releasing our 2023 Sea eagle Soldiers or war squad

On paper, no.

On the field at full strength, no. But it's not just the roster 1 - 17. It's that they play low risk structured football. Football that induces frustration followed by errors from the opposition.

We need to not only look at our playing stocks but also the roles that Des is assigning to each player. Is it simple enough to understand ? Does the player have the skill set to perform the tasks ?

Playing Penrith is like playing a Garry Kasparov or Bobby Fischer in chess. You make one false move and they will know that regardless of what you do from that point forward, they will eventually strangle you to death.

At the moment, the whole club (not just the NRL team) is playing a different sport to everyone else. Premiers in the U/17's, U/19's, NSW Cup and NRL in the same season. Bloody unbelievable.

The only unknown variable; injuries. They are the great leveller and the great unknown. But barring a catastrophe on that front, they'll be hard to stop again next year. I haven't checked the opening odds but I'll bet they're too short to even consider.

Edit: Curiosity got the better of me so I checked. Penrith are at $4. :rofl: 12 months out. Stupid bet. Too many variables to be taking that.

P.S. ..... We are at $18.

Last edited:
We'd be long odds of stopping them with our squad. Making 4 GF's in a row and winning 3 of them would be an amazing feat. Hasn't happened since Parra 81-84. Purple scum made four in a row 2006-2009, but that was at the height of their salary cap cheating.

They aren't losing a lot of talent out of last nights squad, so if they stay injury free it's really a matter of how badly they want a 3-peat.

Relentless
Relentless like a machine. Maybe they are similar to different champion teams in the past. The one that comes to mind is the St George team that won 11 consecutive premierships in the unlimited tackles era. I'd heard that they would gladly allow opposition teams to have the ball & then bash them mercilessly.

On paper, no.

On the field at full strength, no. But it's not just the roster 1 - 17. It's that they play low risk structured football. Football that induces frustration followed by errors from the opposition.

We need to not only look at our playing stocks but also the roles that Des is assigning to each player. Is it simple enough to understand ? Does the player have the skill set to perform the tasks ?

Playing Penrith is like playing a Garry Kasparov or Bobby Fischer in chess. You make one false move and they will know that regardless of what you do from that point forward, they will eventually strangle you to death.

At the moment, the whole club (not just the NRL team) is playing a different sport to everyone else. Premiers in the U/17's, U/19's, NSW Cup and NRL in the same season. Bloody unbelievable.

The only unknown variable; injuries. They are the great leveller and the great unknown. But barring a catastrophe on that front, they'll be hard to stop again next year. I haven't checked the opening odds but I'll bet they're too short to even consider.
On Paper we have been like paper soldiers where all top competitors tear us apart as we have lacked resilience .

I like your analogy of the coaching game is like a game of chess and Des had no checkmate game plans all season .

You are also 110% about reviewing playing stocks if we are to stick it up to the top competitors in 2023

A quote from Geroge Patton Us Army General
I DO NOT HAVE TO TELL YOU WHO WON THE WAR
YOU KNOW THE ARTILLERY DID

Last edited:
We don’t even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as them at the moment. They’re levels above anyone, we won’t do anything until the whole joint is cleaned up, from the top all the way to our pathways.

We'd be long odds of stopping them with our squad. Making 4 GF's in a row and winning 3 of them would be an amazing feat. Hasn't happened since Parra 81-84. Purple scum made four in a row 2006-2009, but that was at the height of their salary cap cheating.

They aren't losing a lot of talent out of last nights squad, so if they stay injury free it's really a matter of how badly they want a 3-peat.
We are long odds to stopping them

But we can shorten our odds by finding ways to be more competitive with a more competitive player roster to have a chance in the battle

We need to add to our passive squad nuclear subs and fighter jets

NRL is war and we should treat it that way

Napoleon Bonaparte Quote
IT IS WITH ARTILLARY THAT WAR IS MADE end quote
and not with paper soldiers

We don’t even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as them at the moment. They’re levels above anyone, we won’t do anything until the whole joint is cleaned up, from the top all the way to our pathways.
They are better because they are smarter and they have earnt to be where they are

The only thing that is holding us back is our own ability to learn from our past failures and progress

Relentless like a machine. Maybe they are similar to different champion teams in the past. The one that comes to mind is the St George team that won 11 consecutive premierships in the unlimited tackles era. I'd heard that they would gladly allow opposition teams to have the ball & then bash them mercilessly.
They are also similar to our Manly 70s team 72 , 73, 76, 78

We did it again in the 80s and 90s and 2011 in our decade of dominance

We have been there in our own right

We need earn that winning spirit once again

Barrack Obama former US president quote
WE ARE NOT ENTILTED TO SUCCESS
WE HAVE TO EARN IT

Pull your finger out and start earning success again Manly !!!

This is dedicated to every Premiership winning team that wins the NRL War and battle of the year

See the source image

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4