Can Gift Lift the Fowards??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Simply yes...
The presence alone will inspire the pack & raise the aggression, especially the contact we have been missing recently.
Recently there was talk that coming back so late, he was better off left out which I found bizarre....
Never discount a champion, when fit he should be an auto selection in the 17 even if its for limited game time first up.
Gift has been the glue in this side for several seasons...his influence, especially in big games, is equal to Lyon, Snake, DCE & Foran.
With Gift in the side the chances of winning the premiership in 2014 increase from 25% to 50% imo....
Most importantly opposition teams have found our cryptonite, dominating the ruck area & taking away the advantage of the star studded backline....
This will change dramatically with Gift back & his influence could not come at a better time, giving the fowards back that rugged edge thats been lacking.

I agree but am worried he won't play before the semis. If that's the case I hope Donny has been smashing him at training to get his lungs ready.

Brookie said:
i reckon he could lift one or two forwards, but the whole pack?

do you even lift?
Would have been even tougher last year with big Rose in the pack!!

Hasn't the problem with our forwards been lack of size? Many posts keep mentioning that we have a mobile but small pack. Gift is not a big forward. No-one can argue about his skill and toughness.
I would have thought that if our perceived problem was lack of size then Tooves would have tried the Elephant Man by now. I doesn't appear that he is up to first grade standard, nor are teammates judging by the results of our NSW Cup team.
I hope Gift can lift the forwards.

They don't need someone else out there to lift them. They are first grade Sea eagles meaning they are top class forwards and should be able to lift their own performances. If not find someone who can. Big games needed from Lawrence, Starling, T Red,Buhrer,Horo, Hasson and JSL. Choc just needs to run straight and don't try and pass or play the ball quick. His hands have been shocking lately.

We need some muscle or size or both. We don't have size so Gifts muscle is whats required.

He has never taken a backward step to anyone. Like Choc, Matty B and Stevie he is a real tough guy who could of played 30 years ago.

You should always have your best team on the paddock whenever possible. Glenn is one of our best !

It all depends on his level of fitness. If he can get to 80% fitness I think definitely. He's a hard nut and skillful as.

Doesn't need to be at full fitness (I mean at this stage of the season who is?) but has to be relatively fit.

In fairness to comments about lack of size, theres no disputing there are bigger packs in the NRL.
Aggression is a seperate issue & many games a smaller pack has beaten up a bigger pack when winning in enthusiasm & grunt, wearing them down with numbers & line speed.
Gift is close to the best 1 on 1 defenders in the game often stopping the monsters in opposition packs in their tracks.
This tends to feed off to the big boppers, who get charged up from the hit before, lifting the intensity across the park.
Its not just the fact Gift will make a difference himself, also his energy rubs off on the other fowards around him.

If you remember last year when Gift had a knee injury. It took him at least 8 weeks to reach match fitness and timing interaction with the other players.

We are all kidding ourselves that someone who has been out for over 3 months with a serious ankle injury will be anywhere near fit, let alone match fit.

2V has some tough calls in the coming weeks as Gift must get on the field to have a chance of playing a positive influence for Manly and not a negative one.

XV-1 said:
If you remember last year when Gift had a knee injury. It took him at least 8 weeks to reach match fitness and timing interaction with the other players.

We are all kidding ourselves that someone who has been out for over 3 months with a serious ankle injury will be anywhere near fit, let alone match fit.

2V has some tough calls in the coming weeks as Gift must get on the field to have a chance of playing a positive influence for Manly and not a negative one.
All injuries are different - Knee injuries effect confidence more than most.
Who has suggested he will be 100% fit??
Gifts effect on the upcoming games both on a personal level & the positive effect on the entire side will be huge & could well decide Manlys fortunes in the crucial games
Only a fool would sit him out for the vital games ahead.
Cordner & Jennings were out for extensive periods & the Roosters SUDDENLY improved back to the form of 2013 when they came STRAIGHT back into the side......

maxta said:
In fairness to comments about lack of size, theres no disputing there are bigger packs in the NRL.
Aggression is a seperate issue & many games a smaller pack has beaten up a bigger pack when winning in enthusiasm & grunt, wearing them down with numbers & line speed.
Gift is close to the best 1 on 1 defenders in the game often stopping the monsters in opposition packs in their tracks.
This tends to feed off to the big boppers, who get charged up from the hit before, lifting the intensity across the park.
Its not just the fact Gift will make a difference himself, also his energy rubs off on the other fowards around him.

Gifty is also a very clever footballer who reads the game well something most forwards can't do

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2