Cameron Smith - Your Thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Somebody should remind these fanbois that the Great Man Beaver Menzies played over 500 games at the highest levels .... and all on only one contract at a time .... and no cheap shots ....
What I can't work out is why someone hasn't ironed him out if he is such a dirty player?
He's not big but he is obviously tough.
We don't have to like him but there is no escaping the fact that he is surpassing milestones that may never be reached again.

In the fair dinkum department: There has never been another player who gets injured less than Smith.
How does a bloke without any obvious physical advantages compete at the highest level for 400 matches, plus rep matches, in the toughest position on the field and virtually never get hurt?
That's what I find amazing.
I greatly admired Matt Balin's 150-plus matches on the trot but Smith's resilience is at another level again.
Can anyone explain it?

Just by observation...

In attack:
- He makes (maybe) a few runs a game
- He hardly gets in a position to allow himself to get tackled... that is someone else's job.
- He hardly gets out of a slow jog when moving to dummy half.

In defense:
- He is often only in the ruck in one or 2 tackles in a set of 6, sometimes less.
- Of those tackles, 1 or 2 other players often put in the big hit and wrestle, while Cam usually enters as 3rd man to slow it down, often by flopping, twisting or other wrestle tactics.

Most of these things would not be possible at any club other than the Storm.

He is also 6'1" and about 95kgs so he isn't exactly a small guy either.

Undoubtedly the best ever hooker who has played the game. It’s a no race.No one even comes close to controlling a game like he does. To suggest otherwise then an alternative needs to be named.The old fashioned hookers were tough guys but this guy eats them for skill. Buderus probably closest to him.

Undoubtedly one of the biggest closet grubs of his time with too much influence. But to be honest he is just doing what the weak kneed panderers at the NRL allow him to do which is the bigger issue for me.

Brilliant leader.
Luckiest player with injury to ever pull on a boot.
Cheat.
Morally bankrupt.
Morally bankrupt....I like it. We’ve got some two-headed friends coming over for the game. I’ll throw that into the convo . Mates wife always takes the bait.:devil:

Cook generated more excitement for the crowd in 40 minutes last night than Smith probably has in all his 400 games. Hopefully, the Storm lose to the Sharks & Smith is sin binned again @:D

(p.s. he is a great player, but not likeable)

Best player of all time.

Stats and hatred will prove this. Wish he played for Manly but then would never have been given the leg up he has been given.

I will expect a bit of backlash from this post but I stand by what I say. He is the most influential player to the game of league. It’s no coincidence that we beat them 40-nil when he didn’t play. Look at all the numbers and he stacks up as the best. He is the calmest. toughest, most skilful and best interpreter of the rules the game has ever seen.

I know the love fest from 9 and Fox is hard to deal with, but in all honesty he will go down as the greatest player of all time. Better than Lewis, better than Fulton, better than Raper. He just makes teams win.

Silver tails I have no less love for Manly, but credit where credit is due. He is the best of all time.
He's a great player but you can count on one hand games where a single bit of Cam Smith brilliance has won his side the match. Lewis, Fittler, Fulton, Johns, Slater, Tedesco, Turbo, GI etc etc have all won multiple games on the back of brilliance by the individual....Smith not so much

In the fair dinkum department: There has never been another player who gets injured less than Smith.
How does a bloke without any obvious physical advantages compete at the highest level for 400 matches, plus rep matches, in the toughest position on the field and virtually never get hurt?
That's what I find amazing.
I greatly admired Matt Balin's 150-plus matches on the trot but Smith's resilience is at another level again.
Can anyone explain it?

HGH?

Best player of all time.

Stats and hatred will prove this. Wish he played for Manly but then would never have been given the leg up he has been given.

I will expect a bit of backlash from this post but I stand by what I say. He is the most influential player to the game of league. It’s no coincidence that we beat them 40-nil when he didn’t play. Look at all the numbers and he stacks up as the best. He is the calmest. toughest, most skilful and best interpreter of the rules the game has ever seen.

I know the love fest from 9 and Fox is hard to deal with, but in all honesty he will go down as the greatest player of all time. Better than Lewis, better than Fulton, better than Raper. He just makes teams win.

Silver tails I have no less love for Manly, but credit where credit is due. He is the best of all time.
I have reported this post and will leave it to the moderators to deal with

Why is there 3+ pages dedicated to this?
Can we just change is to a simple poll?
Something like; cam smith is a:
A. POS/Grub/waste of space etc.
B. Not worth discussing
C. Both A & B
D. I'm a Queenslander/Melbourne fan/troll

Doesn't heavy HGH use give you like a pronounced brow? It's why the wrestlers look like neanderthals.

But there is plenty of stuff you can where you look completely normal - look at Lance Armstrong

It probably depends on the dose and what you’re using it for. I’m going to guess the medicinal/injury recovery dosing is lower than what you’d take for bulking up.

That said, it’s probably something lesser known that they’d be using anyway. But I don’t doubt there’d be some sort of dodgy medical jiggery-pokery going on. That club is dodgy in every other facet, why would their sports science dept be any different?

This montage produced from just one game in origin 3 in 2012 epitomises the legacy of Cameron Smith...and yes he did not get penalised for any of those indiscretions. So **** you and your 400 games Cameron you nasty low life grub.

87f66c78d78ba616c8804bc3933ea72d.jpeg

Could you please provide a definition of this phrase ..... love it ...

PSSS ... asking for a friend @globaleagle who wishes to renain un-named ...
You might kick yourself:
https://time.com/3936188/scalia-jiggery-pokery/
Among the Scots, the word jouk led to the notion of joukery or jookery to describe underhanded dealing or trickery. Pawky is another Scottish word, meaning artfully shrewd. A pawk, on its own, is a trick. And by 1686, some inventive Scottish speakers had combined the words in the phrase joukery-pawkery, which they used to refer to clever trickery or slight of hand.
One might declare, as Sir Walter Scott did in his 19th century tale The Black Dwarf, that “There has been some jookery-paukery of Satan’s in a’ this!” From there, it was not a long linguistic path to becoming the jiggery-pokery

You might kick yourself:
https://time.com/3936188/scalia-jiggery-pokery/
Among the Scots, the word jouk led to the notion of joukery or jookery to describe underhanded dealing or trickery. Pawky is another Scottish word, meaning artfully shrewd. A pawk, on its own, is a trick. And by 1686, some inventive Scottish speakers had combined the words in the phrase joukery-pawkery, which they used to refer to clever trickery or slight of hand

You live and learn .... thanks ... now how the dickens did our Japanese/Argentinian kick-boxing Queen @yokahontas ... come up with that ??

He's a great player but you can count on one hand games where a single bit of Cam Smith brilliance has won his side the match. Lewis, Fittler, Fulton, Johns, Slater, Tedesco, Turbo, GI etc etc have all won multiple games on the back of brilliance by the individual....Smith not so much

Smiths brilliance lies in his natural ability to milk a penalty ,get it over the mental midgets that referee the game,pull the wool over young dumb and naive referees' eyes or guild the lily with his own special brand of jaundiced rule interpretation .Lets also not forget he has been the eager instrument of someone who in my opinion has been a blight on the game as a spectacle since he came into coaching and that of course is Bellamy ,the architect of everything that is wrong in rugby league i.e wrestle ,think chicken wings ,rolling pins ,crushers ,salary cap cheating (real cheating not just "on paper" cheating )etc you get my drift
In addition Smith has spread his dickhead dust all over the likes of Z grade CEO Greenturd and his trusty incompetent Beatoff ,with his and Thurstons "testimonials".In Smiths case some 3 years before he retires , like WTF ?
I don't watch chanel Nein just Fox so I am hoping that any grubby deal he has stitched up after playing involves Nein and not Fox.I find it very hard already to stomach the likes of Hodges who sounds like he is just out of surgery or just finished 10 schooners ,I cant work out which , let alone be subjected to listening and worse still looking at Smith.
The Fox 400 game countdown I find vomituous ,even though I recognize that to last 400 games in 1st grade rugby league is an achievement .
Anyway Smith congrats on 400 games of twisting both rules and limbs and although there will be images of you lauding yourself after your 400th game (which by the way I hope the Sharks win) I prefer to remember the image of you on the big screen in September 2008 when you were looking ashen faced at the 40-0 score line and were being boooed roundly by the crowd.
In closing a begrudging and decidedly luke-warm 'job well done" Smith
Go Manly

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7