Cameron Cullen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some bloke on facebook reckons he's been released......run free young Cameron.....

Must be true then ;)

Either way, be it Hooker or 5/8, there are so many options in front of him.

Hooker: Koroisou, Brown, Fainu
5/8: Hastings, Wright (both Matt & Tom), Metcalf, Croker

Might prefer playing for a team on the coast in QLD as upposed to Blacktown.

Yep he’s a long way back in the pecking order, would make some sense if it’s him we are releasing!

Great little player. If it's true it is probably best for both. He will see more game time else where. Gave 110 per cent every time he wore our jersey. He must have went close to putting his shoulder out a couple of the hits he put on big blokes in his first a grade game.

He played really well in qld before coming to Manly, played well in his brief time in thetop grade, shame he hasnt kicked on quicker.

Interesting if true more cap space then? Must be a $1m by now - guess Greenturd will be looking to fine us for not spending the cap!

You know if we could get Carney cheap enough. I'd almost offer him a contract as Cullen's replacement. He is a proper half back which is hard to find. That it appears Cullen has been released, almost signals, we do indeed have bigger fish to fry;-)

Cant lose them all we need depth just as important as a 1st grade side .

Agreed but we seem to have "not ready yet" halves backup to our eyeballs. Even without Metcalf and Hastings we would have Croker, Wright x2, Poo, Sirro, Cust etc, etc.

Premiership-winning halves seem to be very rarely reared these days......they are bought AFTER they are proven. We are spending a LOT of space, time, effort, money etc on HOPE with all these young guys.

We NEED big, hard-running, defensive prop, edge and outside back depth right NOW.

Fill the half spot with Carney for the foreseeable future until we can BUY a great half.

Spend our available money and time on buying or feeding some fast, strong angry beef. You need them to go along with great halves to win premierships IMHO.
Lets not waste all the money we have and will spend on DCE by partnering him with maybees.

That's because you said he was on the nose with the coach!
Yeah I can totally see why. Plus there were whispers that he was being sought by the Dogs.

The problem with Hastings is that he is not overly popular amongst the playing group. The coaches weren't too happy with how he was playing in the NSW Cup last year (and Jackson has since come out and publicly stated that he was poor).

He is a maligned figure, albeit with some talent. Now that Cullen has walked, it appears more likely that Hastings will see out the final year of his deal here...but nothing is certain.

Yeah I can totally see why. Plus there were whispers that he was being sought by the Dogs.

The problem with Hastings is that he is not overly popular amongst the playing group. The coaches weren't too happy with how he was playing in the NSW Cup last year (and Jackson has since come out and publicly stated that he was poor).

He is a maligned figure, albeit with some talent. Now that Cullen has walked, it appears more likely that Hastings will see out the final year of his deal here...but nothing is certain.

Well that sounds like he is WELL down the pecking order, not up the top like we all think he is?

Surely he was taking the piss?

I'd hope so no way I would be releasing anyone for Carney or Hodkinson if we need to take 1 step back next season (by playing a rookie) to take 2 step forwards in 2019 so be it.Quick fixes rarely work I was reluctant to go in to the season with a rookie but looking at the players available to buy none fill me with much confidence so I'm all in on giving a rookie a shot.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4