Cameron Cullen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
More than happy to go with Hastings or Croker. I’ve felt all along that the role Green played for us was in no way complicated or difficult to replicate. Look forward to seeing who we eventually end up signing. With Cullen being released, it means we should have around 1 million to spend.
No offence Kev,but I don't think we have any more to spend,Cullen was in the 30 and on a base salary,we have to replace him in the 30 with someone on at least the same coin.We won't have any more to spend,maybe less if we spend more on his spot in the 30(but if we pick up a half on the cheap it means we could have 750K or so on a forward....1 Mill on 2 players.

It does open up some interesting options...do you chase Lamb more and offer a 3 year deal,(400k first year,500k year 2,600k year 3) and leave 600k to chase a Thompson again or Fisher-Harris?Maybe Sezer at 650k a year for 2 years and chase Sue with 350k on a one year deal?Some interesting weeks ahead maybe.....

bring Carney in in a train and trial contract, if he behaves and plays the trials should be enough for the nrl to approve his contract. metcalf is physically 1 to 2 years away from being ready for 1st grade as is croker in my opinion, both need to put on more muscle and bulk.

It does seem a continued dilemma that some players of interest or possible interest from other clubs are still under contract but certainly no harm in Manly expressing some interest . Fisher - Harris is one of those players who seem too good for just a bench spot but would still be reluctantly released. I also get the impression that Manly want young Olaka from the 20"s as part of their plans going forward so maybe back rowers are not such a priority right now .Also on present indications Baz seems to be placing a lot of confidence in A F B , Perrett and Sipley to kick on next season . I like the look of Metcalef , seems to have genuine speed as well , Doubt that the Knights would release Lamb now , they would no doubt be keen to see how he goes for another season to gauge his future market value and any possible improvement or then benefit for them . Looks like Croker in the short term is going to be the front runner for the vacant Manly half 's spot unless Hastings does step up or Baz can recruit a ready made replacement .

I don’t think anyone has mentioned joey lussick as a possible 6?

He was a junior rep half, now hooker.

He has had a season out of the under 20s and is more solid than the junior metcalf, croker 20 year olds.

I’m adding this to 666 and other threads ASAP.
Has Joey be re signed ? Handy player to have on the fringes but i think that young Fainu will be placed ahead of him next year .

If true that’s a dead set shame he had the ability to be at starting first player.
Has he ever been cleared by the N R L or satisfied Manly "s requirements ? Still a good and even versatile footy player , maybe no room at Manly but should do quite well in the Q L D cup

No offence Kev,but I don't think we have any more to spend,Cullen was in the 30 and on a base salary,we have to replace him in the 30 with someone on at least the same coin.We won't have any more to spend,maybe less if we spend more on his spot in the 30(but if we pick up a half on the cheap it means we could have 750K or so on a forward....1 Mill on 2 players.
So. We have two spots left, onwards I say. Thanks for clearing that up @Smokin Joe

If true that’s a dead set shame he had the ability to be at starting first player.
He is a thug. If people are upset about Packer and that idiot who got in trouble in the US being allowed to play and not Carney (which I agree with) then Jamil is the same, if not worse than those two.
Good riddance.

Not cleared by the NRL to play or released because he isn't good enough?
Will be interesting to hear if a reason ever comes out. From all reports by season's end he had done everything required and it seemed a given he would be ticked off and ready for squad position in 2018 (was reportedly a bit slack at the beginning on doing everything set out, but got there in the end). Wonder if NRL has said no, not yet and he has basically been 'loaned out' with a deal waiting once he is cleared (you could argue that week in week out, its a higher quality comp up there, so possibly beneficial to development), or if he has played up and been set loose.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8