Cameron Cullen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Doesn"t really seem to change the present dynamic with Baz actively seeking another half or 5 / 8 option for some time now and even after acquiring Croaker .Cameron despite being a great and tigerish - like competitor probably could only expect to be playing a similar role as last season but he certainly did not let the side down on his two [ i think] on field appearances . No doubt Hastings will still be given every opportunity to vie for a first grade half's spot . In the back of my mind I did not discount Cameron as the player to leave but on every noticeable indication ,l still did assume Hastings . Hastings still seems to have a lot of ground to make up for any Ist grade half"s opportunity. Also wish both Cameron and supreme Leaders son well .

I like the idea of working with Croker and Hastings. Make them push each other further in the off season like we did with Hodkinson and Cherry-Evans the year after Matt Orford left..
They might be young, but they're still halves..
Cherry is experienced enough to work with a true half (sorry Walker, you're a great Centre though)
He hasn't gone too bad working with true 6's and 7's.
Plus Chez is also more experienced than He and Foz were put together when they won a Premiership. That should compensate for Croker or Hastings in-experience throughout a season..
Let's see how they go?
Worked out well last time

Hastings could also revert to a utility role if required , Even though both Hastings and Croaker have the attributes and ability to make a go of a half"s spot . the fact that Green is now out of the picture , of course must be motivating and influencing Baz and as others have suggested here, to be taking out at least some insurance with another capable half acquisition .

More than happy to go with Hastings or Croker. I’ve felt all along that the role Green played for us was in no way complicated or difficult to replicate. Look forward to seeing who we eventually end up signing. With Cullen being released, it means we should have around 1 million to spend.

Good luck to your boy!

Thanks guys, he's is a mate of one off the players and has been turning up to training for last year to keep fit and was asked to stay and train on. Doesn't even have a manager! Having said that he has been at academies with Manly and Knights and they both wanted him, but he followed his girlfriend to Qld, so life is not necessarily what you would want it be. @:rolleyes:

I'd hope so no way I would be releasing anyone for Carney or Hodkinson if we need to take 1 step back next season (by playing a rookie) to take 2 step forwards in 2019 so be it.Quick fixes rarely work I was reluctant to go in to the season with a rookie but looking at the players available to buy none fill me with much confidence so I'm all in on giving a rookie a shot.

I'm with you on grooming upandcomers buddy but taking 1 step back next season to MAYBE take 2 steps forward in '19 seems closer to reality. Baz is the best qualified to gauge the timeframe for these kids and I get the feeling he is not as confident in their speedy rise to FG ability as many here are.

Green was signed by Baz to get them through 2 years, not 1 and he now feels they need another year or 2.
There is no way he signed on for another 3 years to regress from a very good 2017 result to groom young guys for our next coach after he is dumped for not meeting the lofty expectations of all and sundry.
He has the most to lose out of everyone and it is very obvious he thinks we need outside help right now. It may be more of a way to not go backwards while the cards shuffle than a "quick fix".

Keep Croker and Metcalf, they're cheap and show good signs but I feel Hastings' doesn't BELONG and the money could be better spent.

I'm going to back him as the one to do the best for US by doing the best for himself.

My thoughts.

Last edited:
I'm with you on grooming upandcomers buddy but taking 1 step back next season to MAYBE take 2 steps forward in '19 seems closer to reality. Baz is the best qualified to gauge the timeframe for these kids and I get the feeling he is not as confident in their speedy rise to FG ability as many here are.

Green was signed by Baz to get them through 2 years, not 1 and he now feels they need another year or 2.
There is no way he signed on for another 3 years to regress from a very good 2017 result and groom young guys for our next coach after he is dumped for not meeting the lofty expectations of all and sundry.
He has the most to lose out of everyone and it is very obvious he thinks we need outside help right now. It may be more of a way to not go backwards while the cards shuffle than a "quick fix".

Keep Croker and Metcalf, they're cheap and show good signs but I feel Hastings' doesn't BELONG and the money could be better spent.

I'm going to back him as the one to do the best for US by doing the best for himself.

My thoughts.

So what you're saying is we are settling, because there are no better options, and we have to face the fact that we may very well go backwards because of it, in the short term?

I think he want' a solid experienced 5/8 as insurance in case the young guns don't stand up
And on the cheap...I would prefer Carney over Hodkinson myself. Particularly as the manager who looks after both of them reeks of desperation in his desire to get Hodko signed up with us.

Yeah I can totally see why. Plus there were whispers that he was being sought by the Dogs.

The problem with Hastings is that he is not overly popular amongst the playing group. The coaches weren't too happy with how he was playing in the NSW Cup last year (and Jackson has since come out and publicly stated that he was poor).

He is a maligned figure, albeit with some talent. Now that Cullen has walked, it appears more likely that Hastings will see out the final year of his deal here...but nothing is certain.
Why is he unpopular? Is he just a wanker?

Wasn't Cullen our NSW Cup Player of the Year this year?

He was the NSW Cup player of the year in the entire competition, mate. In a side that performed so poorly that is a decent effort, I just don’t see him at the level to consistently play NRL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6