Call To Arms - Final 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jono

Bencher
Dear Fellow Manly Supporters

I'll tell you why we, as fans, don't like playing at ANZ or SFS: we know that our fans don't travel too well and, especially against a team like the Bulldogs, or Souths, the numbers we have in that ground will be a massive influence on what happens on the field. In a previous post it looked like tickets were at 22,000. I'd say at least 15,000 of those are Bulldogs fans, probably more. We just don't travel on the whole and that is a fact.

It makes me sick when you look at the crowd I was a part of up in the Gold Coast last weekend. We were 10,000 strong and I can tell you our numbers are a lot stronger in Sydney than they are in Brisbane/Gold Coast, so it's pretty disgusting TBH.

We are in the presence of a potential dynasty. At the end of the WCC in 2009 we were chirping about the dynasty. This never happened due to injuries to Brett, and then unforseen circumstances on the night of the first Final in Melbourne, then St George doing what they do best and ****ting themselves at the sight of Hayne. Goodbye dynasty aspirations.

Not many teams get a 2nd go at it, and we have that opportunity this year. It starts TONIGHT and as a Manly fan, none of you will want to miss it, and I can't wait!!

No excuses tomorrow night! None! Free transport out, Friday Night, beautiful weather, seats to sit on, massive crowd, great atmosphere, a chance to show the Bulldogs fans how to support a real team and, most importantly, a chance to shut up the cocks in the media who say we don't travel. Get your butts out to ANZ and get our boys home. After the last 6 weeks they've had they bloody well need it, and you all owe them at least that one. Be loud, be proud of who you are and what these boys represent. They represent everything that is good about being a Silvertail: passion, respect, success, guts, determination and, most importantly, a well hidden ego that p***es the other fans off immensely.

We are back!! We are hated!!! And, DAMN!! IT FEELS SO F***ING GOOD!!

It starts tonight, prepare yourselves for one hell of a ride and make sure your wallet understands that the punishment only occurs for another 3 weeks ;)

Manly fans, your time to shine is now!! Silvertails: Glory Bound Once More. Wouldn't feel right if we weren't.

See you all out there, and go the Mighty Sea Eagles!!

Manly till I die!

Jono
Drummerboy

Jono said:
Dear Fellow Manly Supporters

I'll tell you why we, as fans, don't like playing at ANZ or SFS: we know that our fans don't travel too well and, especially against a team like the Bulldogs, or Souths, the numbers we have in that ground will be a massive influence on what happens on the field. In a previous post it looked like tickets were at 22,000. I'd say at least 15,000 of those are Bulldogs fans, probably more. We just don't travel on the whole and that is a fact.

It makes me sick when you look at the crowd I was a part of up in the Gold Coast last weekend. We were 10,000 strong and I can tell you our numbers are a lot stronger in Sydney than they are in Brisbane/Gold Coast, so it's pretty disgusting TBH.

We are in the presence of a potential dynasty. At the end of the WCC in 2009 we were chirping about the dynasty. This never happened due to injuries to Brett, and then unforseen circumstances on the night of the first Final in Melbourne, then St George doing what they do best and ****ting themselves at the sight of Hayne. Goodbye dynasty aspirations.

Not many teams get a 2nd go at it, and we have that opportunity this year. It starts TONIGHT and as a Manly fan, none of you will want to miss it, and I can't wait!!

No excuses tomorrow night! None! Free transport out, Friday Night, beautiful weather, seats to sit on, massive crowd, great atmosphere, a chance to show the Bulldogs fans how to support a real team and, most importantly, a chance to shut up the cocks in the media who say we don't travel. Get your butts out to ANZ and get our boys home. After the last 6 weeks they've had they bloody well need it, and you all owe them at least that one. Be loud, be proud of who you are and what these boys represent. They represent everything that is good about being a Silvertail: passion, respect, success, guts, determination and, most importantly, a well hidden ego that p***es the other fans off immensely.

We are back!! We are hated!!! And, DAMN!! IT FEELS SO F***ING GOOD!!

It starts tonight, prepare yourselves for one hell of a ride and make sure your wallet understands that the punishment only occurs for another 3 weeks ;)

Manly fans, your time to shine is now!! Silvertails: Glory Bound Once More. Wouldn't feel right if we weren't.

See you all out there, and go the Mighty Sea Eagles!!

Manly till I die!

Jono
Drummerboy

Well said Jono....!

Go The Mighty Sea Eagles....!

Well said jono. I'll be at the game cheering the boys when they need us most. Hopefully other Manly fans who were on the fence about going read your post and show up in numbers.

No mercy I hope we absolutely smash them.

I have never wanted to see so much a bunch of pretenders like these slimedogs taught a lesson. I did not really realise how much dislike/ distaste I have for that club up until this week.

I know our boys have something special planned for tonight- They have not forgot what you did to us Desmond.

Des is going to wish his was in our corner after tonight. Our 17 our going to show us why this such a privledged time/ era to be a manly supporter.

Jono great post man. Even though we are going to outnumbered we are going to have our presence felt tonight.

In toovs we trust tonight.
Hope to see many of you there tonight- can not wait.

The love your post articulates, is echoed by all Manly Supporters Jono:angel:
Hope to hear your drums tonight for every Manly point:)

The attendance, or lack thereof is immaterial to our Professional Premiers.
They are there to advance to the next game,one win at a time:cool:

Win Big Manly:heart:

Hear, Hear!

You can see it gives the boys a lift when we have big numbers at an away/non-Brookie game. I will be driving 180kms this afternoon to make the game & there will be others coming from much greater distances. Supporters who give the 'it's at Homebush' reason for their non-attendance need to check to see if they still have a ticker. Fire up!

Nice work, Jono. As someone who cannot possibly attend due to geographics I really hope a good number of Sydney based fans turn up to support the boys and our club. They deserve it.
As for winning, 1 point will do me.
We also must accept that we could go down but if that happens all is not lost. We will march on.

Its a real shame that ' a call to arms ' has gone out to rally fans of such a successful club . I know it must be hard to get to and from the northern beaches but as Mals stated he is driving a 400k round trip to get there .

Im taking my Dogs hat off and asking you if you can to get out there coz you wont regret it .

I live 1200ks away and cant be there , but was last week when we played they chooks and the facilities are great ( exept the beer prices ) .

Great post Jono, there is no excuse for our Sydney based fans not to turn up tonight. Let's show those pricks in the media and other clubs that we do travel, and lets get big numbers out there tonight. It's a whole new comp from here on in, and as stated above its only for another 3 weeks. The team needs our support, we need to be LOUD and be proud!!

barrack o barba said:
Its a real shame that ' a call to arms ' has gone out to rally fans of such a successful club . I know it must be hard to get to and from the northern beaches but as Mals stated he is driving a 400k round trip to get there .

Im taking my Dogs hat off and asking you if you can to get out there coz you wont regret it .

I live 1200ks away and cant be there , but was last week when we played they chooks and the facilities are great ( exept the beer prices ) .

Zzzzzzz Zzzzzzz Zzzzzzz

What a huge pity it will be if those are the final numbers.

I of course rallied the troops last weekend for the Titans game, and that WAS spine tingling stuff...to see the entire "Manly" end of Skilled pack full of Manly fans, and the rest of Skilled parl almost a ghost town was amazing.

I just wonder (for both sets of fans) how different it would have been to be on Sunday afternoon.

I can understand Chan 9 picking that game for the TV audience BUT put it on Sunday and it could have been 70,000.

BTW, great post Jono...preaching to the converted BUT still a great post

I AM PUMPED!!! We can make more noise than the Dogs supporters for sure. See you all in 108 later tonight and get ready to make some noise!

Volley said:
I think you're writing to the wrong audience. Most people on here would be going if it was possible.

Nice write-up though.

True. Jono's post needed to be put on the front page of the Manly Daily Mon-Fri this week!

I'm coming with a car full of us from Newcastle, and I'm sure there are people from Queensland and other far off places making the effort. Pretty disappointing if we can't get 10,000 Manly fans to ANZ tonight. You would think there would be a large walk up crowd, it's ANZ, not many feel the need to pre-purchase.

Being on a Friday definitely would affect the crowd. It's a bit tough for some people from the Northern Beaches to get from there to ANZ on a Friday night.

I am there as part of a larger group in 108, one point to remember is that the no travel thing is a beaches thing rather than a Manly thing.....

I hang out with a lot of guys from the beaches and live out West by the beaches definition of being West of Forestway and to get anyone to travel past St Ives for anything is a chore.

HappilyManly said:
The love your post articulates, is echoed by all Manly Supporters Jono:angel:
Hope to hear your drums tonight for every Manly point:)

The attendance, or lack thereof is immaterial to our Professional Premiers.
They are there to advance to the next game,one win at a time:cool:

Win Big Manly:heart:

Couldn't get in contact with ANZ so that is a negatory on the drum. Next game it will be there.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6