Call To Arms - Final 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
Jono said:
Garts said:
Jono, I think you are most dedicated fan we have. Probably the truest of supporters going around.

Fark me I am pumped for tonight!!!!

Mate, I'm not as committed as Bones is though.

If you're not careful you'll get whipped for putting the words true and supporter within 3 words of each other ;)

Thanks for the compliment btw.

Don't worry he does ok...btw there are LOTS of very committed fans who spend a gazillion getting to games. Sadly not everyone can afford to be able to do that.

No such words as "true supporters"...everyone is the same, wether you watch on TV, attend every home game or travel away.

No one supporter is better (or worse) than another.

HOWEVER

I do wish some of those that only turn up for Grand Finals would make a bigger effort, there would have been 50-60 thousand Manly fans at last years GF, literally a sea of Maroon and White....where are they tonight??

Of course more will turn up for a GF, it is a GF after all. The same would happen for every club in the NRL when they make a GF. I know last year I did not attend the qualifier games as I made the choice to wait until we made the GF. Obviously not a wise choice if we missed out :)

Mark from Brisbane said:
HOWEVER

I do wish some of those that only turn up for Grand Finals would make a bigger effort, there would have been 50-60 thousand Manly fans at last years GF, literally a sea of Maroon and White....where are they tonight??

I'd go to more if only there was some way of doing it without all the bother of finding tickets, transport, accom, etc.

globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
HOWEVER

I'd go to more if only there was some way of doing it without all the bother of finding tickets, transport, accom, etc.

Yep tough when you are trapped in a human body in Canada - mail GE's hat over. I'll make sure he gets to the game & represents you :D

Maybe the Penns could hire helicopters to come and pick up us poor country folk. Then i'd attend. Maybe they could set up a creche in the members so all of us parents of young kids can attend. Why don't they give my employer financial incentive to let me leave at lunchtime also. Then i'd definitely be there along with all the other 'true supporters'.

I had to give up a box seat tonight....gutted...lets hope we get there in numbers

Mals said:
globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
HOWEVER

Yep tough when you are trapped in a human body in Canada - mail GE's hat over. I'll make sure he gets to the game & represents you :D

Hat was packed but I wont let him go as I don't believe he'll come back!
And 2011 member's hat would get lonely.

Isz - never give up box seats!

I know I know - have been sick for the past three days and am not up to getting out there and back

lsz said:
I know I know - have been sick for the past three days and am not up to getting out there and back

Ahhh, I thought you meant you were going and gave up the seats to sit with some others...etc.

Get well soon!

:)

lord no - I am sick but not stupid

Started a new job and the joint has a box out there...and the CEO is a mad manly fan!

Volley said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Jono said:
Garts said:
Jono, I think you are most dedicated fan we have. Probably the truest of supporters going around.

Fark me I am pumped for tonight!!!!

Mate, I'm not as committed as Bones is though.

If you're not careful you'll get whipped for putting the words true and supporter within 3 words of each other ;)

Thanks for the compliment btw.

Don't worry he does ok...btw there are LOTS of very committed fans who spend a gazillion getting to games. Sadly not everyone can afford to be able to do that.

No such words as "true supporters"...everyone is the same, wether you watch on TV, attend every home game or travel away.

No one supporter is better (or worse) than another.

HOWEVER

I'm at work today til 5.30, 5 hours away. Thanks for asking.

If you want to bring your private jet and pick me up though Mark, I'll make the effort to be at my local airport at 4.30.

Private jet...Pffft, my names Mark not Nathan

globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
HOWEVER

HA ha GE

I think I know someone who could help you with that!!!!!

globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
HOWEVER

HA ha GE

I think I know someone who could help you with that!!!!!

Stevo said:
I f**king hate the term 'true supporter'

I do as well, which is why I said what I said!!

I think it started on here when someone said you were only a "true supporter" if you were a member.

Naturally the club would LOVE it if everyone was, but in every way every supporter helps,

We pay Foxtel (Austar)

We watch Chanel 9

We buy merchandise with Manly's name on there

And some become members

And some become ticketed members

EVERYONE participates in some way

I can't get there but my daughter and her boyfriend are travelling up from Canberra for it. They are bringing a Bulldog supporter friend with them. Since my daughter bought the tickets he isn't aware he's sitting with the Manly supporters!

Frank said:
I can't get there but my daughter and her boyfriend are travelling up from Canberra for it. They are bringing a Bulldog supporter friend with them. Since my daughter bought the tickets he isn't aware he's sitting with the Manly supporters!

Classic, but just give him a beer and a Kebab and he'll be happy!!

RE: Call To Arms - Final 2

thought this needed to be re-bumped for final no.2. Same principle applies.
Get out there and support your team Manly fans.
If ever our players needed our support, it is now.
Surely we can out number Cowboys supporters 10 to 1 on Friday night. It would be an embarrassment if we don't.
Go Manly!

I'm sure we'll outnumber them by more than 10 to 1, I doubt more than a few hundred Cows supporters will turn up.

We just have to make sure we get well above 10,000 Manly supporters, but I don't hold much hope of that.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Frank said:

Classic, but just give him a beer and a Kebab and he'll be happy!!

And a flare. Don't forget a flare.

They may also be a little upset once they find out there's no train to the SFS either, so make sure they don't try phone a few mates to join him and trash your car interior instead.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6