C. Sironen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’ll add my 20 cents worth, I can’t see Sirro offering us good value moving forward, if we can’t secure the services of a more agile ball playing edge back rower with some leg speed, then sign him for another season, but we should be exploring our options now while there‘s opportunity, Niukore, Riki are options, I’d prefer both those guys over Brown or Matterson, I doubt we could secure their services in any case, but better to find out than not know.
Siro has been one of our more reliable & better players as far as I’m concerned! Has had a few injuries yes but definitely a keeper. His form dropped with the return of Des! Making him play a different role than in previous years. On his day a good backrower so a YES from me! If anyone should go it’s Gosiewski....he can take Croker, Parker & Boyle with him.

So when he breaks down again and only plays half the number of games who will stand up and say what a great signing. Seriously better not be more than $250k.
If he’s on about $200k he’s worthwhile having.

A fair player on his day but does only play about 60% of games.

Anything above that should be “ thanks for the memories Curtis”.

Siro has been one of our more reliable & better players as far as I’m concerned! Has had a few injuries yes but definitely a keeper. His form dropped with the return of Des! Making him play a different role than in previous years. On his day a good backrower so a YES from me! If anyone should go it’s Gosiewski....he can take Croker, Parker & Boyle with him.
I didn’t say sirro has been bad for us just that he won’t offer us good value moving forward, i tabled my reason and stand by them, the others you mention don’t rate full stop, sirro has provided fair service but like a few others the speed of the game is a huge negative and one of the main reasons I don’t see future value, we need to speed our game up big time and look for youth or we’ll never close the gap. Sirro is 27 and won’t be getting any quicker, (maybe he would make a better transition to prop but that won’t be happening at our club, considering One of our million dollar men will probably have to make the move) I just think we need an injection of fresh players, i Know it’s not the correct forum, but the more i look for where our improvement can come from the more I believe we need a solid clean out and rebuild, as I also said if we are unable to bring a better option in then i don’t have a problem with the big fella sticking around for another season.

I’ll add my 20 cents worth, I can’t see Sirro offering us good value moving forward, if we can’t secure the services of a more agile ball playing edge back rower with some leg speed, then sign him for another season, but we should be exploring our options now while there‘s opportunity, Niukore, Riki are options, I’d prefer both those guys over Brown or Matterson, I doubt we could secure their services in any case, but better to find out than not know.
Riki re-signed with the Broncos

He is a big body and tough... but slow and immobile with a long injury history. Plus he doesn't pass the ball.

I don't think he is the type of player suited to the faster game and we have the opportunity to replace him at the end if this year. He is on decent coin so that should give us options.

When was the last time we saw any of these ball playing skills on display?
He could go better at lock, then as second row, under the new rules for the rest of the season. That would put Jake into starting prop with Paseka. Taupau drops back to the bench with Aloiai and Keppie. Cust is our 14 with Lawton as hooker. I know I am being delusional right now BUT Saddler and Olakau'atu should be given a go as our starting second rowers for the rest of the season as well. Saddler would go ok on an edge, before stepping into a middle/backrow spot off the bench next year, when Davey returns. Olakau'atu would go even better under the new rules as well. Changing up the pack like this would make a massive difference to our go forward. Sironen defends well, as does Jake. Taupau and Aloiai could be given time on the edge and the middle off the bench, with Keppie shoring up the middle as he is already doing so well. Croker, Gosiewski, Boyle etc would be back to Blacktown....and not extended under any circumstances. Sironen on the other hand, could be extension worthy if he plays his new role well. Yep I know it's not happening, but we need to think and act differently in our team selections to not finish bottom four this year.

Last edited:
Keep Siro so he can take Marty's spot as front row. Since Marty's offloads are crap, and plays without passion, give his spot to Siro who doesn't pass and plays with more passion than Marty. Its a win win situation for all.

Seems stupid. We have Davey and Olakau-atu as gun backrowers. Siro to lock is a must IF he stays. Im not sure this is a step in the right direction but at a cheaper rate could be worth keeping. Siro I can handle BUT if we start to see Croker, Parker and Taufua re signing then I'll just give up! I find this signing concerning but I'd say Gosiewski looks less likely to stay if Siro stays.

We are missing him at the moment. Before his injury last season he was up there with the best in the league. I went to the Titans game in 2019 and he tore them to pieces. He was also close to our best vs Canberra in that big win last year.

He’s our best edge defender with a big motor and takes pride in his performance. He has struggled at the tail end of last season in attack and starting this one but I still believe a lot of it comes down to poor service and structure.
Agreed - quality player when fit. I thought he would have a huge year this year as I was sure he was carrying an injury all last year. He is very injury prone but I would keep him on a reduced salary and if he stays on the park the rest of the year.

I didn’t say sirro has been bad for us just that he won’t offer us good value moving forward, i tabled my reason and stand by them, the others you mention don’t rate full stop, sirro has provided fair service but like a few others the speed of the game is a huge negative and one of the main reasons I don’t see future value, we need to speed our game up big time and look for youth or we’ll never close the gap. Sirro is 27 and won’t be getting any quicker, (maybe he would make a better transition to prop but that won’t be happening at our club, considering One of our million dollar men will probably have to make the move) I just think we need an injection of fresh players, i Know it’s not the correct forum, but the more i look for where our improvement can come from the more I believe we need a solid clean out and rebuild, as I also said if we are unable to bring a better option in then i don’t have a problem with the big fella sticking around for another season.
I get your point, however if we release him do you think we keep Jake on $950k?? Noway Jake is worth anywhere near $950k! If you feel Siro is only worth $200k then Jake is max $450k.....to me it would make more sense to release Jake, keep Siro on a reduced salary & get 2 decent forwards with Jakes money. I feel Siro offers more when playing. Jake does nothing but tackle. Just my opinion!

Not a good signing, injury prone and no leg speed on the edge.

Egan Butcher would be a better signing may even get his brother Nat also if Crichton resigns with the Roosters.

Lachlan Fitzgibbon and Jayden Sau would be good also.

I get your point, however if we release him do you think we keep Jake on $950k?? Noway Jake is worth anywhere near $950k! If you feel Siro is only worth $200k then Jake is max $450k.....to me it would make more sense to release Jake, keep Siro on a reduced salary & get 2 decent forwards with Jakes money. I feel Siro offers more when playing. Jake does nothing but tackle. Just my opinion!
Mate it’s a really tuff one, I’m not placing values in terms of dollars on anyone and I don’t want to put either of the lads down, thats not it. Jake is as much of a victim of the new game as Sirro and Jake is certainly on overs regardless, the thing i find the hardest to swallow about Jake is the length of his contract, 6 years, will our club ever learn, no player in today’s game should be signed beyond 3 years, (unless there are exceptional circumstance) can you imagine how he’ll be going in 6 years, I can’t see how he will, i would like our club to have the opportunity to go to market with their combined cap allocation and bring some speed and youth into the equation, only problem with that is I have no confidence in our club recruiting well, I guess we will just have to wait and see on Sirro and hope that Jake will provide some value up front in the coming years, because he won’t be able to stay at 13, you need your 13 to have a similar games to Murray and Yeo.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4