C. Sironen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sir Loin has been disappointing over the past two seasons. I can't see why we should keep him. Is he a critical component of a re-build? Not in my opinion.
If he is re-signed I hope it will only be for one season at a time.
If he’s not too expensive I see him as value as a backup.

If the expectation is big dollars , cemented first grade spot then I’m with you !

We need some punch on the edges. Siro doesn't provide that. Hopefully Guaca will be a dynamic addition, but it'd be nice to have a good hole running backrower on DCE's side. He and Siro just seem to struggle with anything other than the unders play / step back inside move.

We need some punch on the edges. Siro doesn't provide that. Hopefully Guaca will be a dynamic addition, but it'd be nice to have a good hole running backrower on DCE's side. He and Siro just seem to struggle with anything other than the unders play / step back inside move.
So we can all see it. A low % play that never works but they do it 30 f*ing times a game and think that the opposition won't pick it. F* me how dumb can we continue to be.

I love Curtis Sironen, one of my favorites.
Fantastic if true.

11. Andrew Davey
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

is a fantastic backrow rotation

08. Taniela Paseka
10. Marty Taupau
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie

is a fantastic frontrow rotation

Being fed ball from

09. Manase Fainu
14. Karl Lawton

will be amazing

Think that Siro would expect a bit more then 250 k to stay but not that much more [ and that he would be worth now ] . Player that can offer a lot when fully fit and if used properly , but has been a bit lacking and inconsistent in that area for a while now . Looks like that an amicable arrangement is being considered for him to stay , and just have to hope that it can work out if he is retained .
Sironens last contract was reported at 400k a year

Sirro seems to have a lot to offer, he just hasnt been offering it for too long. You set your own standards in life and his hasn't been high enough. Add to that he is plenty injured , i don't see much of an upside .

Someone suggested on this site he may have backed himself in supercoach due to his endless choice of taking the easy option

In case i havnt been frank enough. Hell no
At 27 years age he is still being signed on potential
If he is wicked cheap possibly, but only if he in number 3 or 4 in the backrow pecking order. Anything higher and manly are comprimising where they should not

Theres 3 big problems with Sirro -

Injury magnet
Not explosive and mobile enough as an edge forward in todays game
Not powerful enough and aggo enough to win the middlw as prop

Maybe more if speak of cutting back inside EVERY time
Ball dies with him 98% of the time
And personally think he is on good coin better spent elsewhere.

Theres 3 big problems with Sirro -

Injury magnet
Not explosive and mobile enough as an edge forward in todays game
Not powerful enough and aggo enough to win the middlw as prop

Maybe more if speak of cutting back inside EVERY time
Ball dies with him 98% of the time
And personally think he is on good coin better spent elsewhere.

And is a hog. For a former 5/8th you have thought he could pass.

I love Curtis Sironen, one of my favorites.
Fantastic if true.

11. Andrew Davey
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

is a fantastic backrow rotation

08. Taniela Paseka
10. Marty Taupau
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie

is a fantastic frontrow rotation

Being fed ball from

09. Manase Fainu
14. Karl Lawton

will be amazing
No room for Sipley? He adds so much off the bench and is really what the bench should be used for - someone who comes on and makes an impact. Not sure whether Sironen or Keppie deserve a spot ahead of him.

I know we need a lot of strengthening in many areas BUT to me there is no area where we need more strengthening than in the edge back rowers. Without an edge backrower who is an offensive threat to straighten up our attack DCE is 1/2 the player.

The loss of Joel Thompson has been far bigger than many may have imagined. That added to Sirro being Sirro and getting injured, and Jake being more thay hybrid prop/ballplayer it's magnified the problem.

I too worry about Sirro's lessening mobility as the years and the injuries pile up and I don't see him as the solution to all our problems by any stretch BUT having him back will make a difference when swapping him in for GoJetski or whoever.

I know we need a lot of strengthening in many areas BUT to me there is no area where we need more strengthening than in the edge back rowers. Without an edge backrower who is an offensive threat to straighten up our attack DCE is 1/2 the player.

The loss of Joel Thompson has been far bigger than many may have imagined. That added to Sirro being Sirro and getting injured, and Jake being more thay hybrid prop/ballplayer it's magnified the problem.

I too worry about Sirro's lessening mobility as the years and the injuries pile up and I don't see him as the solution to all our problems by any stretch BUT having him back will make a difference when swapping him in for GoJetski or whoever.
We will sign at least one good edge backrower - Su'a or Luke Garner. I really like Garner - he always hits the hole.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6