Burns signs on with Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MadEagle

Great news.

From Official Manly site:

Manly’s talented 22 year old 5/8 Travis Burns has agreed to terms to remain with the Sea Eagles. Burns rejected bigger offers from other clubs to remain with Manly.

The former Texas (QLD) junior has won a regular spot in the Sea Eagles backline in 2006 after joining the club from the Cronulla Sharks in 2005.

Manly CEO Paul Cummings said the signing of Burns was a boost for the clubs future “Travis is an improving young player who is quickly building his reputation at Manly and has proven he is one of the brightest young players in the NRL, with his future now settled he can concentrate on the big matches ahead” Mr Cummings said.

Burns said he was always keen to remain with Manly “I’m grateful for the opportunity Manly has given me and I want to be part of the club going forward” Burns said

Burns signs on with Sea Eagles
3/07/2006
By Manly Sea Eagles

Manly’s talented 22 year old 5/8 Travis Burns has agreed to terms to remain with the Sea Eagles. Burns rejected bigger offers from other clubs to remain with Manly.

The former Texas (QLD) junior has won a regular spot in the Sea Eagles backline in 2006 after joining the club from the Cronulla Sharks in 2005.

Manly CEO Paul Cummings said the signing of Burns was a boost for the clubs future “Travis is an improving young player who is quickly building his reputation at Manly and has proven he is one of the brightest young players in the NRL, with his future now settled he can concentrate on the big matches ahead” Mr Cummings said.

Burns said he was always keen to remain with Manly “I’m grateful for the opportunity Manly has given me and I want to be part of the club going forward” Burns said

Does that then mean Lyon / Bell may be in the centres? Then, what does that mean for Matai?

why no mention of how long he has signed for?

I guess Witt made the decision easy for them.
Hope he is undergoing anger management therapy as part of his contract conditions.

why no mention of how long he has signed for?

Why do you expect club media releases to be of decent quality?

Has anything changed recently?

Expect it is a short term contract, maybe one year, to give him the chance to show his full potential.

He is probably taking quite a bit less than he is after, for the time being.

Makes sense from both sides.

Manly can check his potential and Burns has the opportunity for big money in the not too distant future.

Sunday's paper said Manly were trying to offload him. I guess you take these reports such as "Manly recruitment team are meeting tomorrow" and other "reports" with a grain of salt.

Or we could start threads about them to assist with any agendas we may have................

Great news, after Witts performance last week we needed this news.

Barks your new nick is Natashia spot destroyer ;)

Sorry to break up the celebration orgy, but I think I'll wait until he actually becomes involved in one creative backline move before I get too excited. Whoever heard of getting this excited for a tackling 5/8?

Sunday's paper said Manly were trying to offload him. I guess you take these reports such as \"Manly recruitment team are meeting tomorrow\" and other \"reports\" with a grain of salt.

Or we could start threads about them to assist with any agendas we may have................

That was Wilson's dopey column wasn't it?

Just treat her with the contempt she deserves.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4