Burn it all down...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

LittleSnake

Super Sub
Batty is spot on, besides we came 6th last year and missed out on the 8 for the first time in forever the year before. Knights fans deserved the win on Friday compared to you fickle lot.

On other news, how AWESOME were our props! Would love to see sipley or Perrett get the nod and Frankenstein get a new role. Bring on the squeals!

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
BREAKING:

Manly coach Trent Barrett has been axed! New coach Ralphie says, “we needed a change, losing by 1 point was the straw that broke the camels back... I have a dream”
And to further the wet dream, Barrett has been replaced as coach by the most Manly thing available, Egor the Eagle.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
And to further the wet dream, Barrett has been replaced as coach by the most Manly thing available, Egor the Eagle.
I would be happy with Brent Kite. He’s a proven winner, Barrett on the other hand.........

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Baz is at least better than Trent Robinson!

We lost by 1, Roosters lost by 2.

And how about Anthony Seibolds Rabbits, flogged by a country mile by the team predicted to run dead last!!

FMD, it’s round 1, yes ONE of what will be TWENTY FOUR games!!

And what’s worse is I expect we will be lapped by the Eels next week so imagine the vitriol that will follow that!

New combinations take more than 1 week to gel, give young Croker a few weeks, if it’s not working Hastings is in the wings and apparently Albert Kelly might be on his way.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone, and just for Mick looking down from above “ Go Panthers”.

I love how polar opposite your posts can be.

Start: fmd it's round one, everyone relax!
end: eels are going to lap us next week.

It's a thing of beauty!

-Go Panthers (for Mick)

Ryan

Journey Man
Guys, everyone's entitled to their opinions no matter how different they all are. Doesn't define a person. And to be honest, there are some great things with the team, but there are also some areas for improvement. The worst we can be is 9th.

Do I think Eels are going to lap us as well? Unfortunately, yes I do.

That said, we have the bones, we just need the health (and be full strength) to challenge the better teams. Newcastle will be awful this season.

Jigzkiller

Bencher
I don't want to burn it all down but I don't think expecting a first grade nrl team to have a recognized goal kicker is asking to much. This is second season we have done this and it will cost us a couple of games this season and is just unprofessional. Not saying it cost us on Friday (because it didn't) but it will.

brad

First Grader
Has a few on here seen the eels play this year ? i haven't . Who knows what **** they could dish up next week , but we'll find out in a week . If there off and we're on we win simple .

Ryan

Journey Man
Has a few on here seen the eels play this year ? i haven't . Who knows what **** they could dish up next week , but we'll find out in a week . If there off and we're on we win simple .

Knights played a near full strength team in their trial against The Eels (less a few stars), and The Eels literally treated the Knights like bitches, and put it this way, The Knights were trying their hearts out (trial or not). So yeah, I've seen them in action, and I think they are better than The Chooks.

We may hang with them for a little while, but their backs will tear ours a new arsehole later in the game - sorry mate. Just hope the for / against doesn't hurt us for the longer part of the year. That's my expectation with that one.

Holmsey

Bencher
It was only round 1, disappointing to see a loss like that but we will really see what this side is all about if we can top Parra next weekend. But alot of the complaints people are making are pretty obvious and to say it was only one game really isnt good enough. Coming into a season a club should have its halves sorted with a working combination. Its obvious Croker is talented but he and DCE are not a good partnership so far. 2016 Cherry returned on friday, was forced to overplay and not run the ball because we really only had Cherry running the team. Now we can blame this problem on a salary cap mess but really its the clubs fault, we made a move that we didnt have a replacement for. Thats just dumb. Another thing that is just plain stupid is Barrett still has Brown in the side, and didnt use him or Frank! Barrett is a good coach but he got to step up his game, if he doesnt and we slide out of the 8 for another season and go backwards I think he will get the axe. Hopefully not the case. Still 24 rounds anything can happen, but to say there is no big problems with this team at the moment is a bit silly.

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
A 1st round loss is standard for us. I was ecstatic when we beat the Broncos in round 1 of 2013 cause we have a shocking record when it comes to winning in round 1

Class of 96

Bencher
I don't want to burn it all down but I don't think expecting a first grade nrl team to have a recognized goal kicker is asking to much.

DCE kicked at 75% and 80% if i recall right in the trial. So he is going at 77.5%. Don’t think he is bad as some make out. And we always have Jake as back-up ;)

Last edited:

brad

First Grader
Knights played a near full strength team in their trial against The Eels (less a few stars), and The Eels literally treated the Knights like bitches, and put it this way, The Knights were trying their hearts out (trial or not). So yeah, I've seen them in action, and I think they are better than The Chooks.

We may hang with them for a little while, but their backs will tear ours a new arsehole later in the game - sorry mate. Just hope the for / against doesn't hurt us for the longer part of the year. That's my expectation with that one.
I thought a trial may be bought up . All good .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14