Burn it all down...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
We lost game 1. As the season is now officially over, let’s burn it down (or blow it all up - whichever you prefer) and start again.

Also this GIF is for future immortal Blake Green...

giphy.gif

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
We lost game 1. As the season is now officially over, let’s burn it down (or blow it all up - whichever you prefer) and start again.

Also this GIF is for future immortal Blake Green...

giphy.gif
We aren’t talking about one game & to suggest we are is disingenuous. We are talking about a third season like this with a coach on a 44% win rate, a zero% win rate in finals and a coach whi is not a Manly man.

Clay

Bencher
When the same problems haven't been addressed since he first started it gets pretty frustrating. There are still issues around the 5/8, still issues around the use of the bench, still lack quality depth in the front row, still lack a first choice goal kicker, our attack still lacks potency we had enough tackles inside the knights 20 to win that game by 12+ easliy, on field discipline still sucks.
Going to be the first to say it, I would be doing everything possible to bring in a hard C##t like Madge in as assistant coach, some one needs to bust these players balls because Baz is only polishing them

Loobs

When the same problems haven't been addressed since he first started it gets pretty frustrating. There are still issues around the 5/8, still issues around the use of the bench, still lack quality depth in the front row, still lack a first choice goal kicker, our attack still lacks potency we had enough tackles inside the knights 20 to win that game by 12+ easliy, on field discipline still sucks.
Going to be the first to say it, I would be doing everything possible to bring in a hard C##t like Madge in as assistant coach, some one needs to bust these players balls because Baz is only polishing them
Well to be fair the 5/8 problem was less of their own doing and more of Green having a large carrot dangled in front of him. They were probably assuming they had him for this year so that spot would’ve been settled.

Clay

Bencher
Well to be fair the 5/8 problem was less of their own doing and more of Green having a large carrot dangled in front of him. They were probably assuming they had him for this year so that spot would’ve been settled.
I'm just hoping Baz doesn't see Walker as a 5/8 option anymore with Suli to centre

Loobs

I’m pretty sure no one sees Walker as a 5/8 any more. I actually saw him yesterday. He’s looking big although he was chatting with a short dude so it skewed the perspective a little.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Fark me, the butt hurt after a 1 point loss. I hope we don't lose a game by 2!
I’m just curious, this is Barrett’s third season, what level of continued failure will it take for him to be questioned.
If we miss the 8 this year? Or is he safe for 5 years of failure? Can posters just put their benchmark on the record.
For me if we don’t improve each year until we have a premiership inside 5 years then he’s cooked. We can’t be any worse than last year.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’m just curious, this is Barrett’s third season, what level of continued failure will it take for him to be questioned.
If we miss the 8 this year? Or is he safe for 5 years of failure? Can posters just put their benchmark on the record.
For me if we don’t improve each year until we have a premiership inside 5 years then he’s cooked. We can’t be any worse than last year.

its Round 1 Ralphie

tookey

First Grader
I’m pretty sure no one sees Walker as a 5/8 any more. I actually saw him yesterday. He’s looking big although he was chatting with a short dude so it skewed the perspective a little.
Rumour is that we won't be seeing Walker play anytime soon and there are doubts as to whether he will be the same player he was before the injury

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Some really do love a tanty don't they...

Of all the coaches in the NRL, Baz has exceeded expections. Look at what the clubs been through in the years since he took over. Some 30+ players overhaul, betting scandal, cap restraints with the departure of Snake/Matai, departure of Bozo, Cap restraints with the TPA investigation.

It really is completely irrational and childlike to stomp feet and demand perfection while navigating these types of issues.

He has bettered the team each year. Our club as a whole is taking steps for the future .We have successful juniors. We have better depth from the Blacktown alliance. We have a great new CEO.

We lost game 1. With 17 errors and still made golden point. Don't get your knickers in a knot....gee whiz.
Post of the week,but I have lost interest in arguing,some people will not be happy until Toovey or Des are brought back and will be waiting for another 10 years if necessary no matter how the side performs...It doesn't matter who is coach,there are always going to be people who disapprove.The only dud coaches I have seen coach Manly were Alan Thompson and Peter Sharp.

manly al

First Grader
Barrett was not responsible for the low completion rate , poor ball security , the regular unforced errors and careless penalties against the Knights . Had to contend with a shocking and detrimental injury toll right through 2016 , deserving top eight side last season with having to contend with a 1. 5 mil . [ including Myles ] salary cap disadvantage . Has started this year with a 800 k. cap handicap [ at this stage at least ] Questionable tactics with the interchange tactics on Friday night and persevering with Walker as 5 / 8 in 2016 but still is surely entitled to have the confidence of the club , players and the majority of Manly fans and supporters as season 2018 commences .

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Baz is at least better than Trent Robinson!

We lost by 1, Roosters lost by 2.

And how about Anthony Seibolds Rabbits, flogged by a country mile by the team predicted to run dead last!!

FMD, it’s round 1, yes ONE of what will be TWENTY FOUR games!!

And what’s worse is I expect we will be lapped by the Eels next week so imagine the vitriol that will follow that!

New combinations take more than 1 week to gel, give young Croker a few weeks, if it’s not working Hastings is in the wings and apparently Albert Kelly might be on his way.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone, and just for Mick looking down from above “ Go Panthers”.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Post of the week,but I have lost interest in arguing,some people will not be happy until Toovey or Des are brought back and will be waiting for another 10 years if necessary no matter how the side performs...It doesn't matter who is coach,there are always going to be people who disapprove.The only dud coaches I have seen coach Manly were Alan Thompson and Peter Sharp.
Could tooves or des play in the halves?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14