Post-Game Discussion Bulldogs v Manly [Round 16, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Bulldogs
Vs
Sea Eagles
0 Bankwest Stadium
03 Jul 2021 15:00
79th minute

Match Stats

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Very proud day to be a manly supporter yes it was against a lower ranked bulldogs team who was very poor and weak players , players out but 66-0 what a win.

And the most annoying thing about it I had very good tickets and free ones to to watch this game today and covid put an end to that all.

Oh well 66-0 Our biggest ever win

TBaz enjoy Bunnings tomorrow morning followed by fantastic furniture along the way, all socially distant of course.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
That was spectacular!! Breathtaking attacking football. What was the most pleasing thing for me was to keep the Dogs to zero.

The potency we have with the ball, ability to score from any position in the field and the patience that was shown today in building pressure was so great.

We need to put this in context that this is without a doubt the weakest Dogs team we have ever faced! They shot themselves in the foot before this game and paid a huge price on the scoreboard.

The balance in the team is so good at the moment. A mix of experience, hard workers who early in season struggled so much and have turned it around. I am the first to say that I thought that Parker, Croker etc were well out of their depth as our team was smashed in the first month.

It is incredible to think that after round 4 we were -122 points differential to now being +131. This has happened in 11 games, what a turnaround and Des who was under all sorts of pressure turned it around by showing faith in guys that most of us had written off.

Today was yet another master class from Tom who toyed with the Dogs. I remember when Tom played in the kids league and he did this to teams and to see him do as he wanted today was amazing.

It only happens because the forwards get the yards. The halves manage the game well and we have an abundance of speed out wide to finish half chances and run length of the field.

We are building nicely we have games ahead that are winnable before we face some big challenges before the finals.

Its a great side, such a shame we could not be there. I live in Parra and I would have loved to have seen that show today.

Its also ironic that on this day 27 years ago we torched the Dragons 61-0, I was there that day at Brooky and it was one of those special wins.

Now next week we will have a desperate Raiders team coming to Brooky and we dont have Tommy, DCE and possibly Jake so we will need to be at our best.

Wonderful to see what this team is capable of. We are building something quite special!

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Great win but given how terrible that Dogs side was I'm disappointed we didn't score 5 or 6 more tries. Combination of trying to overcook a few plays, a bit of bad luck with disallowed tries, and the ref giving the Dogs a lot of leeway cost us what probably would have been the biggest winning margin ever in an NRL game.

Oh well, handy for the for and against at least!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Great win but given how terrible that Dogs side was I'm disappointed we didn't score 5 or 6 more tries. Combination of trying to overcook a few plays, a bit of bad luck with disallowed tries, and the ref giving the Dogs a lot of leeway cost us what probably would have been the biggest winning margin ever in an NRL game.

Oh well, handy for the for and against at least!
Winner are Grinners and another 2 points for us making our way closer to the top 4 .

Cioran

Bencher
We need to work on staying patient, there's still moments when we were so far in front we were trying to rush it rather than just doing what we were doing to get into that dominant position

If we maintain discipline we can really put the sword to the Bunnies
I thought we started playing silly buggers after we hit 50 but its not a bad thing that the boys wanted to have some fun. As long as they do the hard stuff first.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Can anyone remember whether or not it was 3 points for a try in 1973. If it was, as i suspect, then surely the Eadie lead team's achievement 63 point win is still No 1 ?, (cant remember Bozo playing that day). in terms of tries ?
3 points for a try back then

Maxim

I think there's something just awesome about seeing players that might not be big names around the league, but instead fly under the radar, go out there and put on a performance like that - Tent, Sipley, Keppie, Parker, Garrick, Froggy, Harper, Haumole, Lawton - incredible! Not to mention the awesome performances of Turbo, DCE, Foran, etc!

Can anyone remember whether or not it was 3 points for a try in 1973. If it was, as i suspect, then surely the Eadie lead team's achievement 63 point win is still No 1 ?, (cant remember Bozo playing that day). in terms of tries ?
Dare I say it.....as a young lad watched the 2nd half live on ABC TV......it was 28-0 at halftime.....

3 points for a try and 14 try's that day......the 70-7 is equivalent to a 84-8 scoreline in todays scoring.

Heard today that the Penrith players from that debacle still have an annual get together they call 707.......

Edit: and Bozo scored 2......have memories of Herman Hamilton strolling throught the defence like a 3/4

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18