Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I remember hearing somewhere that in the Auckland nines you had to play one of your highest paid 5 players and that this year Jamie Buhrer was ours.
That means when you consider Stewart, Lyon, Cherry, T Turbo, J Turbo, Tapau, Walker, Matai, Myles. Jamie would be on better coin than at least 5 that I named. Jamie is one of my fav players and Im very sad he is gone but if Im right he was on the sort of money you pay for a superstar.
But some of those players were ruled out due to injury concerns so it goes to the next inline, I doubt Buher is paid more then anyone of those players, except the Trebs cos they would still be on small contracts

EDIT Also wasn't it Matai or Tafua that was our top 5 squad player that went but didn't play cos of injury?

On the back page of the Manly Daily today is in part:

"There isn't anything I really want to say, other than I never wanted to leave the Manly Sea Eagles," Buhrer said yesterday.

I know, I know, some will say get over it, but reading this quote saddened me, to put it mildly @:cry: :heartbreak: :swear:

But some of those players were ruled out due to injury concerns so it goes to the next inline, I doubt Buher is paid more then anyone of those players, except the Trebs cos they would still be on small contracts

EDIT Also wasn't it Matai or Tafua that was our top 5 squad player that went but didn't play cos of injury?
I remember commentators saying he was but who knows. Remember it all blew up when they signed Buhrer not Gift. He was very highly rated 2 years ago

On the back page of the Manly Daily today is in part:

"There isn't anything I really want to say, other than I never wanted to leave the Manly Sea Eagles," Buhrer said yesterday.

I know, I know, some will say get over it, but reading this quote saddened me, to put it mildly @:cry: :heartbreak: :swear:
Agree very sad. Jamie is not just a great player, but a lovely guy and was a great club man.

If he could pull his head in and actually try, I think Dave Taylor may be a good signing. I cannot stress 'if' enough, though.
I think we've already covered our "cross your fingers and toes and hope he realises his potential" signing with Uate, who has replaced Mateo filling that role in the club.

Oh dear,what makes you think Taylor is going to suddenly change his ways after 10 yrs?And least of all at Manly.Every time he turns up at a new club,they all say"if he can put his head down and work hard,he'll be a great signing"
Still waiting.....
To be fair to Dave, it would be very hard for him to "put his head down", the bloke has a seriously massive head.

I think we've already covered our "cross your fingers and toes and hope he realises his potential" signing with Uate, who has replaced Mateo filling that role in the club.

There is no way we could ever hope enough.

I'm still clinging to the hope that we could stick Cliffy in there and we'd do fantastic.

I'm also hoping that Dylan Walker doesn't come across a door that won't back down.

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Just heard the guys on talking sport say they had good info that barret didn't want Jaimy to go
Reading the Play said the same thing. But then he also said Barrett is a dead man walking who'd be gone in a matter of months.

They are one and the same.The bloke interviewed on talking sport is same fellow on reading the play
I knew that I thought the poster meant Hughes or one of the others said it. Wasn't listening tbh.

I just can't talk myself 'round on this. Uate will not work out, and we are still stuck with Lewis Brown :oops:. Getting rid of Buhrer IS A MISTAKE, and it will blow up in their faces, to our club's overall detriment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8