Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Quirkster

The People's Champion
I cannot believe it.

It's almost as if the club has decided to try to reach rock bottom, and as quickly as possible.

Am I missing something? Is it just me?

Why don't we sign Hasson back and get Peter Sharp to fill in the amalgamated coach/CEO/talent scout/media manager/scoreboard attendant/club doctor position?

It's staggeringly frustrating.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Good luck Jamie , I wish u all the best.
To be honest I don't know what all the fuss is about .How many one club players do teams have ?
Players come and go ,its part of the game.
Definitely not a massive Bird fan , but if he does end up here ,you can bet he will match Buhrer's tackle count & won't be ran over the top of consistently like Buhrer was.

Last edited:

king2213

Reserve Grader
To be honest I don't know what all the fuss is about .How many one club players do teams have ?
Definitely not a massive Bird fan , but if he does end up here ,you can bet he will match Buhrer's tackle count & won't be ran over the top of consistently like Buhrer was.

that is a big call mate.. the only player to run over Jamie was Junior Paulo....

But yeah... i am sure Lewis Brown will hold up the middle with 40 tackles a game/ 100+ meters on average and can break the line and run 80m to score a try

king2213

Reserve Grader
this has got Glenn Stewart revenge alllll over it

this is the state of our club.....

could you ever develop a hate for the club you have loved your whole life ????

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
I think people have to take a step back and breath.Its only a game guys .
I realize we are a committed bunch , but when a player leaving a club ( which is not uncommon) is the source of all your pain in the world..Jeez
Talk about first world problems.
I'm willing to predict not many Allepons are worrying about Haqtag Mullumty being let go by their beloved Alleppo FC.

Rex

Bencher
Nrl 2016 player stats

Bird
Time on field: 1470 minutes
Total tackles: 553
Missed tackles: 78

Buhrer
Time on field: 1108 minutes
Total tackles: 536
Missed tackles: 36

http://www.nrl.com/Stats/TelstraPremiership/PlayerStatistics/tabid/10877/Default.aspx

Rex

Bencher
In attack Bird's strength is workload, Buhrer's is metres per run. 2016 stats:

Bird
Minutes played: 1470
Number of runs: 350
Metres gained: 3045

Buhrer
Minutes played: 1108
Number of runs: 162
Metres gained: 1662

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
In attack Bird's strength is workload, Buhrer's is metres per run. 2016 stats:

Bird
Number of runs: 350
Metres gained: 3045

Buhrer
Number of runs: 162
Metres gained: 1662

Can we see the stat's for off field performance as well?
Bird has Jamie well covered there.

Rex

Bencher
is there a stat for penalties conceded ...?
Yes. Other notable 2016 stats in what has been discussed:

Bird
Penalties conceded: 21
Errors: 20
Games played: 22
Offloads: 22

Buhrer
Penalties conceded: 10
Errors: 5
Games played: 15
Offloads: 10

And the goals kicked stat favours Bird, 1 goal to 0.

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Is there a stat for being a d*ckhead and bringing the club into disrepute. On the latter stat I'm afraid to say JB is on zero and in fact is in the negative. Were as the other one is in the "positive".

Bird has spent 31 weeks on the side line through illegal actions on the field.

Off the field he has gone to court for attacking woman (2 different woman), both times acquitted. Then there was the association of coke possession that faded away. The p*issing on the police car .. that evaporated. +++

If he joins us and stuffs up again ... we will ALL say "gee did not see that coming".

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Then why support a team at all? If there is no connection to the players, no loyalty either way, no emotional buy in (which is what this game was built on to START with), why even bother with it all?

Be like watching a bunch of mercenaries running around.

They'd actually have been better off not even announcing this bull**** at all. In fact, Bozo, Penn, Uate & any other tard that played a part in this should all collectively hang their egotistical heads in shame.

I also understand we aren't signing Taufua.

Agree with what you say ... but why should Uate hang his head in shame? Are we going to hate the guy even before he gets here? Is part of the new Manly culture to hate people for no reason.

Holmsey

Bencher
Agree with what you say ... but why should Uate hang his head in shame? Are we going to hate the guy even before he gets here? Is part of the new Manly culture to hate people for no reason.
Imagine if Uate finds out about all the hate, he is already struggling with confidence there is going to be none left for him. I don't understand why everyone is bagging a new signing when he has not even played yet same with Bird, maybe they will be **** but give them a chance.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Imagine if Uate finds out about all the hate, he is already struggling with confidence there is going to be none left for him. I don't understand why everyone is bagging a new signing when he has not even played yet same with Bird, maybe they will be **** but give them a chance.

Uate's form or lack of it is fair game, but to blame him for Buhrer leaving is bordering on insanity.

Bird is a different case, I don't think anyone doubts he can play football ... it's his character most of us are bagging him for.

Rex

Bencher
You youngsters, full of ideals.

Footy forums are footy forums. The team loses, the mood plummets, the complaints and abuse go up. Trying to change that with head-on appeals is sort of like trying to stop the tide coming in with your spade and bucket. Good luck with your efforts, they are admirable, and I won't hold my breath waiting for any real success.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member

my gripe is not with the signing of Uate but with the shafting of Jamie Buhrer who is a very good player that bleeds maroon & white ...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12